Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

aib mortgage

Options
  • 10-11-2018 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi we are buying a house we were approved for a mortgage but then even thou we told them it needed work after the house was valued they decided that if the valuer said it was habitable they would sign off on the mortgage. The valuer wont because it has no kitchen, the electric is connected but not on and the water connection is there but not connected, but we cannot do these things until we own the house. We told AIB this and the gut in the bank has gone back the Aib. We have the money in my account to do the house up, the amount we are borrowing is 40000 less that the value, we have all costs for doing the work,What are the chances they will give us the mortgage and if not do we have any other options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

carlodlin wrote: »
    Hi we are buying a house we were approved for a mortgage but then even thou we told them it needed work after the house was valued they decided that if the valuer said it was habitable they would sign off on the mortgage. The valuer wont because it has no kitchen, the electric is connected but not on and the water connection is there but not connected, but we cannot do these things until we own the house. We told AIB this and the gut in the bank has gone back the Aib. We have the money in my account to do the house up, the amount we are borrowing is 40000 less that the value, we have all costs for doing the work,What are the chances they will give us the mortgage and if not do we have any other options

Hi Carlodlin, I wouldnt sign a house as habitable without a kitchen, water and electricity available either.

I believe what you must do in this situation is to get a quotation for the renovations required to make the property habitable. Once you have a quotation you provide it to the valuer. He will then tell the bank that the property is worth x in its current condition and Y when finished. If what you borrow is less or equal to the figure when the works are completed, I cannot see why the bank wouldnt allow you to draw down the mortgage.

Advertisement