Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Jimmy Carr gives me a pain in my hoop.

But what brought me in here was TK Maxx price tags. We're in a new house and had to buy some new pans, plates & dishes for Christmas. Had pans already but new house has induction hob. I spent about two hours trying to get the price tags off. Broke a nail on one plate and then had to resort to scrubbing them in the sink with hot water and a brush and they still had to go in the dishwasher after. Did I mention this was Christmas Eve in the middle of the food prep? Never again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I have agoraphobia and anxiety so I paid extra to have a priority boarding and a pre-booked seat, so I could get on the plane before most other people so I wouldn't have to ask anyone to get up to get to my seat and so I could settle my bag/coat without bothering or holding anyone up.

So there I am sitting down minding my own business when I'm asked to get up and move to the exit aisle and the stewardess grabs my coat as she tells me not to forget my phone as I'm trying to grab my bag. She puts my bag up above me still open and I don't have my book now as everything is in my handbag. I also like to use my coat as a blanket/comfort and that's up above now too. I know this sounds mental but it's the only way I can cope with flying on my own. So glad I took two valium before I got on the plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I was out for a walk in my town this evening and had to pass by a man who was walking casually in the middle of the path.

Just as I passed by, he hawked a spit, missing me by mere cms I'd say.
    Now he was mortified and full of apologies, but WTF?
    Keep your shpit to yourself!
    Yuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Everyone is gone out for the night, said I'd have a lovely quite night in by the fire watching tv, but the remote is not a single place to be found

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

AA Roadwatch reports that tell me this road is busy or that road is blocked.

Roads get slow with traffic, it happens. And reading out the same roads in the same cities is going to help how exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

When someone uses the microwave to heat fish before you need to use it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lack of motivation for anything

Ewwww 🤮

• Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

It's horrible ! Put a small bowl of warm water with a squeeze of lemon on for 2 minutes . Leave the microwave smelling fab

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭yuridwyer

"Acclaimed" Netflix shows like "You" which contain zero believable/likeable/tolerable characters. The main female character is so self obsessed that I don't think anyone could realistically fall in love with her

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 255 ✭✭PuppyMcPupFace

Watching Magic Mike cos there's a chance that we might get a lingering shot of La McConaughey au naturel - but 25 minutes in and it's so mindnumbingly dull, I'm not sure I care any more!!!!

• Advertisement

yuridwyer wrote: »
    "Acclaimed" Netflix shows like "You" which contain zero believable/likeable/tolerable characters. The main female character is so self obsessed that I don't think anyone could realistically fall in love with her

Described by a friend of mine as "Fifty Shades with an ugly male lead and an ever more punchable female star".

It's 2 January and Creme Egg adverts are on!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Why does #luther keep coming up on twitter? I gather it's some sort of detective series that has passed me by.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Why does #luther keep coming up on twitter? I gather it's some sort of detective series that has passed me by.

Season 5 of series is on Tues - Friday of this week on the BBC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Thanks for the heads up Ted

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Back to work in a few days,after a wonderful Christmas, and I know minutes after I sit down my boss will pick on me. She's made it obvious she doesn't like me and constantly finds fault with everything I do. I would hold my hands up if I was bad at my job, but I know I'm not, but that doesn't matter to her. If she was zapped up to outer space, this would be my dream job, but she's turning it into a nightmare and I don't know if I can stick it much longer.

Will boards allow me to say she's a complete b**ch?

Happy New Year everyone ('cept her :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Stuck on the same channel all night as still haven't found the tv remote, nothing good on all night the minute something good came on the tv switched off because of no activity in hours, talk about testing me

• Feck off, Dunnes Stores. Today, 2nd January, both the Dunnes shops in the Ilac Centre had all the Paddy's Day stuff up. They couldn't even wait until Nollaig na mBan.

Hungry, spring-destroying philistines.

2vhyav9.jpg

se9jdj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I don't just have a food baby from over-eating earlier. I have food triplets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Forgot my lunch. GRrrr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Forgot to set my alarm so it's too late for me to have a shower before my appointment, crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Forgot to set my alarm so it's too late for me to have a shower before my appointment, crap.

Smellycat :)

I hate Irish rails website...you pick your outward journey..and the return ..and it nearly always changes the times on one leg... picked 10.25 on Monday...and it switched to 8.55...ive complained about this before and they said it was my own fault... actually showed them a day return ticket that had me returning home 2 hours before I left...a year later...and it's still fcking up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When someone constantly makes everything about themselves. My sister is in hospital with something that was thankfully caught but could have potentially been life threatening. My mother said she doesn't know how she is going in there, is very nervous about it. So I said don't worry she is fine, I saw her last night. Oh, but it was me that was in there last time, I hate going in to that place she says. So I told her if you would rather not go in, don't. Oh but I want to see her. Well I will collect you then. In the next breath she asks would it look strange if she didn't visit. I reiterated not to worry, stay at home. Oh, but I want to go in.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhh!
    Sorry for the rant but I despair at times and it's fcukin exhausting:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The cold. It’s 22 degrees in the office but I am cold to the bone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Smellycat :)

I hate Irish rails website...you pick your outward journey..and the return ..and it nearly always changes the times on one leg... picked 10.25 on Monday...and it switched to 8.55...ive complained about this before and they said it was my own fault... actually showed them a day return ticket that had me returning home 2 hours before I left...a year later...and it's still fcking up!!

And have a guess who popped up on my news feed
    Irish RAIL.Im beig stalked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    When someone constantly makes everything about themselves.  My sister is in hospital with something that was thankfully caught but could have potentially been life threatening.  My mother said she doesn't know how she is going in there, is very nervous about it. So I said don't worry she is fine, I saw her last night.  Oh, but it was me that was in there last time, I hate going in to that place she says.  So I told her if you would rather not go in, don't.  Oh but I want to see her.  Well I will collect you then.  In the next breath she asks would it look strange if she didn't visit.  I reiterated not to worry, stay at home.  Oh, but I want to go in.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhh!
    Sorry for the rant but I despair at times and it's fcukin exhausting:(
    I know exactly what you mean on that one. I truly believe there is one in every family.
    My BIL's partner can't go to any function without trying to drag the attention on to her. One even gave her the benefit of the doubt, but that was quickly revoked when at a child's birthday party, said child was excited for her first Christmas play and put on a performance for us only to have Humpty Dumpty there, with her back turned to the child with the biggest sourest puss that would make milk curdle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,643 ✭✭✭storker

Walking to the printer to collect your document only to realise that the reason it's not there is that after selecting your desired printer preferences, you forgot to actually click on the bloody "print" button...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Uuuuuggggghhhh! January will not be an easy month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Ordered something online on Argos website for home delivery, delivery in 5 days......some clicks later...order accepted......
    We will call you on or before 3-Feb to arrange delivery......
    5 days before paying became 30 days after paying. feik sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Bredabe

****Ageing Cultural Reference Follows***********

With the help of a wonderful bordsie, I have realised that after studying for over six hours during christmas I have been

*Doing the wrong sum*

:):mad::mad::mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement