Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting Arklow to Dublin Wexford Bus

• 12-12-2016 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hello,
    I am moving to Arklow from abroad next year and I am trying to figure out how to best commute to Dublin. Wexford bus have a stop at junction 20 which would work well for me, but does anyone know what spaces are like, is it actually possible to get a place most mornings (on the 7.10 or 7.45 bus)? And same questions for the reverse commute, I'd be looking at around Clare St in the evenings at 16.55, 17.25 or 18.00 - are there usually places available?
    The other thing I'd like to ask is do these services tend to run on time? I know there can be terrible traffic but I am hoping it has been factored into the advertised times, and the bus lane makes a big difference. 
    If anyone has any information or tips on this kind of commute I would very much appreciate it, I'm so lost!
    Thank you! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

I can't tell you how easy it is to get a space at the moment but I am aware that Wexford Bus have lodged planning permission to build a large car park and bus stop on the town side of the motorway at junction 20. I would expect work to start on this early in the new year. It will be an excellent facility for people such as yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Sarahsan

I can't tell you how easy it is to get a space at the moment but I am aware that Wexford Bus have lodged planning permission to build a large car park and bus stop on the town side of the motorway at junction 20. I would expect work to start on this early in the new year. It will be an excellent facility for people such as yourself.
    Wow that's fantastic news! Thanks for sharing :)

Advertisement