Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Flight change - free move

Options
  • 29-09-2020 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

I've had a flight day changed and I want to avail of the "free move" option as per my email.

They are now telling me I can only move the flight to one day either side of the original date, when I asked where this is stated as per their T&C's as I've never heard of this before and to familiarise myself with it, I am told it's not published online as it's an "internal policy"

Is this right or is the agent I was chatting to pulling a quick one as I can't see any mention of this anywhere.

Surely if the new flight change doesn't suit I should be able to choose a new flight a few days either side and not just one day?

Anyone have experience of this or did I get a particularly unhelpful agent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

phone back and get a different agent

• Registered Users Posts: 27,873 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Shouldnt you be entitled to full refund as the change is more than 2 hours?

As plan B request refund and rebook.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Boardie2020

Had exact same issue with ryanair chat last week with the agent saying +-1 day even though no flights were going and they then said they had no more information and closed the chat!!

It's the last flight of the season to my destination (Biarritz) so might be making it bit more awkward in my situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Morby wrote: »
    I've had a flight day changed and I want to avail of the "free move" option as per my email.

They are now telling me I can only move the flight to one day either side of the original date, when I asked where this is stated as per their T&C's as I've never heard of this before and to familiarise myself with it, I am told it's not published online as it's an "internal policy"

Is this right or is the agent I was chatting to pulling a quick one as I can't see any mention of this anywhere.

Surely if the new flight change doesn't suit I should be able to choose a new flight a few days either side and not just one day?

Anyone have experience of this or did I get a particularly unhelpful agent?

Similar situation here and any contact I've had has been "as your flight delay is less than 3 hours we can only offer +-1 day free change"

Ryanair are chancing their arms here as it's against their terms and conditions

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Shouldnt you be entitled to full refund as the change is more than 2 hours?

As plan B request refund and rebook.

Yes you should, as per their terms and conditions - read 9.2.2 - it's there in black and white https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/help-centre/terms-and-conditions/termsandconditionsar_644342785

Had exact same issue with ryanair chat last week with the agent saying +-1 day even though no flights were going and they then said they had no more information and closed the chat!!

It's the last flight of the season to my destination (Biarritz) so might be making it bit more awkward in my situation.

They are acting outside of contract law, in order to book on ryanair you have to accept their terms and conditions, in their terms and conditions it states delay over 2 hours is a refund. Simples.

If you go to request a refund (https://refundclaims.ryanair.com/) you'll note they only allow you claim where flights are delayed great than 3 hours, in complete contradiction to their terms and conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭johnire

I had the same experience with Ryanair a few days ago.
    They changed the return flight we had by 2.15 hours later which doesn’t really suit. When I get through-eventually- I was told I wasn’t entitled to a refund as it has to be more than 3 hours and I could only choose to move the flight to the day before or after. I ended up leaving it as is.
    I’ve noticed a lot of posts recently about Ryanair flight changes- I wonder why there’s so many?
    I’d safely say as well that not one of them is over the three hours!!

johnire wrote: »
    I had the same experience with Ryanair a few days ago.
    They changed the return flight we had by 2.15 hours later which doesn’t really suit. When I get through-eventually- I was told I wasn’t entitled to a refund as it has to be more than 3 hours and I could only choose to move the flight to the day before or after. I ended up leaving it as is.
    I’ve noticed a lot of posts recently about Ryanair flight changes- I wonder why there’s so many?
    I’d safely say as well that not one of them is over the three hours!!

They have to be chancing their arms as their T&C’s clearly states over 2 hours delay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Sounds right. My flight was changed to 3 hours later and I wanted to change the flight completely. They said I can only change it one day before or after.

But if you've booked in the last couple of months you can change completely free if the fare is the same price (only if you change outside of the 7 day window within the day of the flight)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Boardie2020

After another webchat, I was offered flight to Bordoux(450KM away from Biarritz) or Tolouse (350KM from Biarritz) on different dates to the original flight time.

The agent said I could moved to another flight 2 weeks either side of the original date but seeing as the next flight to Biarritz was in April, they wouldnt move it.

No refund option either as the change was less than 3 hrs.
    Is there any other way to try and get a refund?

Advertisement