Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone tried to get a chargeback for flight cancellation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Did anyone get refund back off quickpark yet? Applied in May. Got a response a few weeks ago account office opening first week of July.

I processed refund online with quickpark and the site said refunded.
    However the funds did not return to my CC.

I asked CC to have a look and refund confirmed yesterday.

one to watch...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Surprise surprise nothing from KBC yet. I spoke to them 3 weeks ago and they said they'd create the chargeback that week. Then again last Friday after nothing happened where they'd confirmed that nothing had been done, but they'd create the chargeback that day. Every time you call them too the person on the other end of the phone claims they can't see anything about the case other than what documents have been received. Completely useless.

Money is back on my card this morning, I'm shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Did anyone get refund back off quickpark yet? Applied in May. Got a response a few weeks ago account office opening first week of July.

Applied middle of June. Had refund within couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Applied middle of June. Had refund within couple of days.

Can i ask how? I've been trying to get in contact to no avail for the last few weeks. No answer to phone. No reply to emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

citykat wrote: »
    Can i ask how? I've been trying to get in contact to no avail for the last few weeks. No answer to phone. No reply to emails.

On their website. Under manage my booking.
    On mobile now but google quickpark manage my booking, and it should be first hit.

Option to cancel, got email confirmation straight away and money couple of days later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Any luck with Aerlingus anybody ?

Flight was cancelled for 27th May and return leg. Applied for refund immediately and not a peep after the initial acknowledgement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Flight was cancelled for 27th May and return leg. Applied for refund immediately and not a peep after the initial acknowledgement

My refund took 14 weeks so maybe it's too early?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Oh so pissed off at this stage, had sent AIB documents for chargeback start of June, rang a few weeks ago and was told being processed. Still no sign and told now, no we only received it end of June (I handed it in start of June), they have 6000 plus cases and its averaging 60 days for one! that's if they don't need extra documentation. I am just so pissed off between RA and AIB, I just want my hard earned money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Flight on August 1st was cancelled so called Aer Lingus on friday and they organised a refund of the full amount there and then. Money appeared on my credit card this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Flights mid April with Ryanair. Still no refund despite the fact that Eddie Wilson of Ryanair said that all refunds for the month of April would be made by early July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Flights mid April with Ryanair. Still no refund despite the fact that Eddie Wilson of Ryanair said that all refunds for the month of April would be made by early July.

I've got an e-mail notification that my flight from the start of April has been processed. My flight at the end of April I haven't heard about yet. Looks like they are coming though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Did a chargeback with revolut for a ryanair flight, took 45 working days 18 May - 16 July

posted in the other thread but forgot to update here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭paddy19

Ah now, Ryanairs early July could be the 31st!

paddy19 wrote: »
    Ah now, Ryanairs early July could be the 31st!

Yeah... 31st December knowing them

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

Decoda wrote: »
    Flight on August 1st was cancelled so called Aer Lingus on friday and they organised a refund of the full amount there and then. Money appeared on my credit card this morning.

what number did you call?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    Did a chargeback with revolut for a ryanair flight, took 45 working days 18 May - 16 July

posted in the other thread but forgot to update here

Just wondering when doing chargebacks with Revolut what the procedure is? I booked hols and flight with Revolut but loaded the card through my PTSD card. Who do I go after?
    Thanks.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Just wondering when doing chargebacks with Revolut what the procedure is? I booked hols and flight with Revolut but loaded the card through my PTSD card. Who do I go after?
    Thanks.

Revolut,

speak to them on chat, and send them all the screenshots/emails of the flight being cancelled and that youve exhausted your request for a refund via email/live chat

they will make ya wait the full 45 working days for the refund though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,207 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Does anyone know if it is possible to do a chargeback on a Mastercard debit? (small Polish bank)

Also, am I correct in thinking that if the return flight is on a separate booking, you are stuck with this if the outbound flight is cancelled? My return flight has been changed to a time where I see no possibility of making a connection (15 min stopover in Athens airport) but they say it is still a valid booking so I think I might have to take a voucher for this.

I have over 800€ of Aegean flights and they don't seem to be doing refunds at all no matter how much you hassle them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Typical Aer Lingus carry on at the moment . Emailed and tried to contact numerous times since they cancelled my flights in may and i opted for a refund.
    No response so then i applied for a chargeback last week. Chargeback went through on the 10th August , Aerlingus seperately refunded on 11th August now i have to waste more time dealing with their mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭gerogerigegege

I got my money refunded for a flight through KBC recently

• Advertisement

Got money back on PayPal dispute

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Can anyone tell me how I prove that a flight didn't run? The flight was last Sunday, flightradar is still showing that flight as scheduled (although it was a week ago). Another website I found airportia.com shows it's landing status as unknown. The airline is Amaszonas.

I need proof the flight was cancelled to start a charge back but communication from the airline is zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭riddles

Kerry25x wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how I prove that a flight didn't run? The flight was last Sunday, flightradar is still showing that flight as scheduled (although it was a week ago). Another website I found airportia.com shows it's landing status as unknown. The airline is Amaszonas.

I need proof the flight was cancelled to start a charge back but communication from the airline is zero.
    if the flight was cancelled by the airline you should have an email confirming this from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

riddles wrote: »
    if the flight was cancelled by the airline you should have an email confirming this from them.

Unfortunately I've had 3 flights cancelled on Latin American airlines (Amaszonas and Interjet) and they are both refusing to confirm in writing.

Under 'your bookings' ? In reality the company wont be able to defend the chargeback with evidence the flight happened so you will win

The onus of proof is on the airline to show that the flight did take place.
    You make the claim, they would be back like a shot with evidence if it did fly.

You as a customer should not have to trawl the airline logs to prove it didn't fly.

Anyhow it's always difficult to prove a negative!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭stoves1

i would appreciate if the AIB Chargeback contact number can be posted or PM,
    as i sent in a chargeback form c/w all necessry documentation on 12th aug 2020 for Ryanair flights cancelled in May, and have no communications since please

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

stoves1 wrote: »
    i would appreciate if the AIB Chargeback contact number can be posted or PM,
    as i sent in a chargeback form c/w all necessry documentation on 12th aug 2020 for Ryanair flights cancelled in May, and have no communications since please

You can ring card services but they’ll only tell you you are in a queue. I had a chargeback in for 4 months with them and RA just ended up refunding it quicker. I’ve another in with them 6 weeks, not hopeful, they told me they’ve 1000’s in queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭riddles

For a PTSD Visa you need to wait 120 days before they’ll support a charge back. I had an AL flight to the US cancelled in March and ITaly in June. They were refunded in June and September respectively.

• Advertisement

riddles wrote: »
    For a PTSD Visa you need to wait 120 days before they’ll support a charge back. I had an AL flight to the US cancelled in March and ITaly in June. They were refunded in June and September respectively.
    "For a PTSD Visa you need to wait 120 days before they’ll support a charge back."

This is very strange. The 120 day figure is the VISA limit for making a chargeback.

Waiting 120 days could put you past the time limit and get your chargeback rejected.

This does not comply with the VISA rules.

Advertisement