Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Done Insurance ?

• 02-10-2020 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi

I have a DJI spark purchased some time ago and am now looking to start flying, Looking at the rules its seems you now have to register as an operator with the IAA for any drone > 250g or with cameras etc , I have reistered on the website and have done the online test etc and am now looking to pay the fee to register. Is it compulsory to have Insurance for a drone as when I am trying to register it is looking for a policy number.
    Thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Unless you're flying it commercially you don't need insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

You're more or less just registering your drone and yourself as a hobbyist and thats it.
    No insurance needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

if you're looking for insurance just to have peace of mind , coverdrone is good place. Ive paid a little over 100e per year to get my air 2 covered (got DJI care refresh as well) as pretty often flying over water and if something go wrong, all they need is flight log showing that a/c got lost over water and no need for recovering it

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

if you're looking for insurance just to have peace of mind , coverdrone is good place. Ive paid a little over 100e per year to get my air 2 covered (got DJI care refresh as well) as pretty often flying over water and if something go wrong, all they need is flight log showing that a/c got lost over water and no need for recovering it

Would you see Coverdrone as an alternative to DJI Care Refresh? Coverdrone coverage for a Mavic Mini is only slightly more expensive than Care Refresh. From first glance it looks like you get the same coverage, plus cover for lost drones and €1.3m of public liability cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

TychoCaine wrote: »
    Would you see Coverdrone as an alternative to DJI Care Refresh? Coverdrone coverage for a Mavic Mini is only slightly more expensive than Care Refresh. From first glance it looks like you get the same coverage, plus cover for lost drones and €1.3m of public liability cover.

Coverdrone seem to be less hassle in case of any troubles, just get money back and buy another when Care Refresh potentially might help when selling the drone and you'll have to still pay something to get it replaced plus losing it in the water without possibility of recovery might be a deal breaker for them (DJI)

• Advertisement
Advertisement