Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bank of Ireland Scam Text

Options
  • 20-07-2020 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Scam text purporting to be from Bank of Ireland stating that there was fraudulent activity on your account. They advise you to click on a link when you do they want your details. Don't do it. The Bank does not request these.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Scam text purporting to be from Bank of Ireland stating that there was fraudulent activity on your account. They advise you to click on a link when you do they want your details. Don't do it. The Bank does not request these.

That crack is going in over 2 year's ref bank of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Mearings

I got one of these texts, 11/06/20, to tell me my a/c was suspended , fortunately I had used my card in Dunnes after the text was timed sent on my phone. I took my phone to the local branch of BoI & was immediately told it was a scam & to delete. The text itself seemed real enough , 365 was prominent tho' the presence of a link to click was suspicious.

Sorry for the people I heard on Radio 1 today who had been scammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Bank of Ireland text scam run from Dublin by Nigerian gang, based in the Blanchardstown and west Tallaght areas:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bank-of-ireland-text-scam-run-from-dublin-by-nigerians-hzrzgp6dn

Advertisement