Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunstroke 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Time to get the cheap printed band name Fruit of the Loom black tshirts out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Doubt it will be dalymount though.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭scoobydude

I actually got a pretty sweet g'n'r t shirt for a 5er in penny's last year

• Registered Users Posts: 21,015 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I know itll be very unlikely, but Musgrave Park would be very handy for this. For me anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

First one was savage, actually got very badly sunburnt on the day.. so almost lived up to the name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Was at the one in 94 https://www.setlist.fm/festival/1994/sunstroke-1994-53d69305.html

It rained in the evening but what a lineup :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Venues ???
    A field like Marley Park or Malahide Castle

Stadium like RDS or Croke Park (with a ****ing massive lineup)

This is great news l

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Fella i know has seen the announcement coming out at 7pm. Faith No More and Deftones. If that is true then Holy fcuk!!!

Saw a list of bands from a poster here on download fest site...if it's true, its be insanely good

Just saw pic, 13/14 June at punchestown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jaysus. Sunstroke 1993 was my first ever gig, shame it's not in Dalymount.

Mushy wrote: »
    Just saw pic, 13/14 June at punchestown

Looking at hotels for them dates

Seems cheap atm

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Looking at hotels for them dates

Seems cheap atm

http://www.pinkmooncamping.co.uk/accommodation.asp

Saw a list of bands from a poster here on download fest site...if it's true, its be insanely good

Whose on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Surprised its taken this long for a metal fest to come back here, they are big business and the genre has never been as popular.

Also clever doing it in June when there are plenty of big rock/metal festivals in Europe

Hope that's just the initial lineup, cause you're not gonna shift huge tickets with that lineup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Hopefully it's all true then

Aside from 3 or 4 bands I wouldn't be arsed. Hopefully the ones I want to see are all playing same day.

Hopefully it's all true then

That aint too bad, i wonder what will the capacity be 20k?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Hope that's just the initial lineup, cause you're not gonna shift huge tickets with that lineup.

You mean you don't want to see Bowling for Soup??!?!?

Some good bands there especially Helmet and Bitch Falcon, but no major ticket sellers outside of Faith No More.

You mean you don't want to see Bowling for Soup??!?!?

Some good bands there especially Helmet and Bitch Falcon, but no major ticket sellers outside of Faith No More.

It reads like day one of a two day festival, hopefully system and korn for the other night since they're at download that weekend

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Is it the same weekend as Download?

Is it the same weekend as Download?

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I swore I would never go within an asses roar of Punchestown after AC/DC in 09, but I'd be severely tempted for Faith No More. Add in Deftones and Killing Joke as well...

That being said I think they are being ambitious. How many tickets are they planning to shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,182 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Fn M.... hell yeh !

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Arghus wrote: »
    I swore I would never go within an asses roar of Punchestown after AC/DC in 09, but I'd be severely tempted for Faith No More. Add in Deftones and Killing Joke as well...

Was that the one where traffic was at a standstill miles out of the town, and people had to get off the busses and walk?

God, ten years ago!

I booked the citywest for €129 for the Sat night

Not doing camping bollocks. Surely they will have busses going in and out from different spots in Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Was that the one where traffic was at a standstill miles out of the town, and people had to get off the busses and walk?

God, ten years ago!

I was nearly crushed to death on the way out and got back to Dublin at 7AM, yes, that one.

• Advertisement

Arghus wrote: »
    I was nearly crushed to death on the way out and got back to Dublin at 7AM, yes, that one.

Jaysus, what happened? I have almost no memory of getting back to Dublin, other than a vague memory of ambling around drunk and finding a bus

Advertisement