Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Level Up BarKade Limerick

Comments

One of the pinball arcades in the states dd a fund raiser to PAY staff because they were closed.
    They have thousands worth of pinball machines sitting there......
    Didnt go down to well with the community and rightly so.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gofundme-for-logan-arcade

• Registered Users Posts: 34,369 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Eejits, it would have been so simple for them to do up vouchers.

Few places I frequent have done just that and I've been only too happy to support them. (My local bar is selling bar tabs at 50% discount for example)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

dav09 wrote: »
    Thanks, and it certainly would yeah. Had it have happened in a years time we most likely would have been much better off but right now we've quite a few bills being a new business, loans, creditors, etc to meet even if some of our costs are obviously halted. We'd be okay in the short term probably but if this goes on months and months like it looks then we'll have to raise cash for cashflow somehow.

We ran a crowdfunder at the start before we were opened and were met with quite a bit of backlash, unfortunately. It was cancelled and people were refunded. People didn't seem to understand the concept too well and was portrayed by some like "we were asking for money", eventhough there were rewards offered at the time for backers. It certainly would be something we could try again but I would worry we wouldn't be backed or for backlash.

All suggestions are much appreciated, if anyone has any more we're open ears. Some ideas we have been working on have been Merch or potentially live streaming from the arcade and one or two other ideas while we're closed, but either way we'll probably need something it looks to survive in the long run since this isn't going away anytime soon.

There's a new thing set up called lean on me, there's already a few businesses in Limerick that are set up on it and selling vouchers for when they reopen like Tony Clarke's, Bobby Byrne's and Figaro's.

I liked the crowdfunder y'all did as you got good value for your money with some of the rewards that were on offer.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Eejits, it would have been so simple for them to do up vouchers.

Few places I frequent have done just that and I've been only too happy to support them. (My local bar is selling bar tabs at 50% discount for example)

The big romance ?
    I know some people with massive tabs.......:D

Master of the Universe

The big romance ?
    I know some people with massive tabs.......:D

Jaysus that was quite the guess!

I hope they have enough beer left to fulfil all these tabs :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭dav09

We finally settled on LeanOnMe for raising some of the funds to help get us back up and running, reshuffled some stuff around too to have us in a better position on relaunch and to make sure we'll be back. Big changes coming for sure.

One of those big changes will be announced this evening on our socials so keep an eye out.

*Content Removed On Request*

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

SO what happened with this lads i see there is new owners now

SO what happened with this lads i see there is new owners now

Some changes but the majority of the same owners and opened fully under new management. We spent some of the time during Covid closure fully finishing everything, launching new cocktail/bar/food menus, bringing lots of new games, making it fully wheelchair accessible (incl our lift), finishing the kitchen and the what felt like 1000s of other jobs so we're finally fairly happy where we're at. Have been down every day for the past few months so glad we're back running again after hard work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I was in here with the young lad last Sunday and it's excellent. It's got a bit of a Bury Arcade Club vibe about it now they've got various modern Japanese arcades you'd never typically see in the west. Groove Rider, Taiko No Tatujin, that one with the circle you hit I can't remember the name of.. A couple of interesting lightgun games like Elevator Action Death Parade. That game where you have to flip a dinner table Cho Chabudai Gaeshi. Small but high quality pinball selection. Loads of classics.

Everything I played worked great. There were a couple of machines down but nothing much.

Staff were incredibly friendly and the pint I had was tasty as well.

I was in here with the young lad last Sunday and it's excellent. It's got a bit of a Bury Arcade Club vibe about it now they've got various modern Japanese arcades you'd never typically see in the west. Groove Rider, Taiko No Tatujin, that one with the circle you hit I can't remember the name of.. A couple of interesting lightgun games like Elevator Action Death Parade. That game where you have to flip a dinner table Cho Chabudai Gaeshi. Small but high quality pinball selection. Loads of classics.

Everything I played worked great. There were a couple of machines down but nothing much.

Staff were incredibly friendly and the pint I had was tasty as well.

Cheers! And that game was the amazing Maimai, a few less pins than before + yeah there were a few machines down Sunday as myself and one of the lads spent the day down the back getting 6 or 7 back working again and ready for the floor to swap them. It's a shame we had to close as we were hoping to do a good re-fresh of the games gradually with some new ones but I suppose we can probably still do that now during the next few weeks anyway while closed.

Thanks again for the nice words delighted you enjoyed and a great compliment to have it somewhat compaired to Arcade Club Bury (which I still haven't visited somehow, trip got cancelled in March and it'll be a while yet I'd say)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Some changes but the majority of the same owners and opened fully under new management. We spent some of the time during Covid closure fully finishing everything, launching new cocktail/bar/food menus, bringing lots of new games, making it fully wheelchair accessible (incl our lift), finishing the kitchen and the what felt like 1000s of other jobs so we're finally fairly happy where we're at. Have been down every day for the past few months so glad we're back running again after hard work :)

Hi Dav, do any of you guys have any pins for sale ? Tnks

Hi Dav, do any of you guys have any pins for sale ? Tnks

Hi, I don't have any for sale personally but I can ask a few of the Irish lads I know they're always buying and selling, is there anything in particular you're after?

Hi, I don't have any for sale personally but I can ask a few of the Irish lads I know they're always buying and selling, is there anything in particular you're after?

Great thanks, nothing in particular to be honest, really open as long as not too old and shabby :), I see a good few on Gumtree in the UK and it looks like a good spot to pick them up, anything closer to home would be a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Good few pin heads, including myself on these forums. Currently have 4 myself.

Theater of Magic, Star Trek TNG, Who Dunnit and WWF Royal Rumble

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I’ve Whirlwind, Fishtales(might sell) and LW3 although LW3 is sold and going to the UK on Tuesday

Good few pin heads, including myself on these forums. Currently have 4 myself.

Theater of Magic, Star Trek TNG, Who Dunnit and WWF Royal Rumble

Very nice, did you purchase in the UK?
    Lots of pins on there , pins tend to go up and down in price over the years

I’ve Whirlwind, Fishtales(might sell) and LW3 although LW3 is sold and going to the UK on Tuesday

I was in Krakow a few years back and there was a pinball bar there with about 200 different beers on tap, 4 euros for an hour of all the pinball tables on free play, excellent spot.

Closed now by the looks of it.

Very nice, did you purchase in the UK?
    Lots of pins on there , pins tend to go up and down in price over the years

No all Irish pins.

Just keeping your eyes peeled. When they pop up for a good deal here they tend to go quick.

Theres a good pinball community in Ireland though

No all Irish pins.

Just keeping your eyes peeled. When they pop up for a good deal here they tend to go quick.

There is, check out the Nation Pinball Leauge, we held one here and will be holding more in the future fingers crossed. A lot of those lads buy and sell pins and hold some rounds of the comp at their place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Bit of scandal around this place the last week or so unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Bit of scandal around this place the last week or so unfortunately.

What happened?

Some covid related thing....seen people giving out stink and the usual ****e on facebook

Master of the Universe

Some covid related thing....seen people giving out stink and the usual ****e on facebook

I'm amazed Facebook still exists as a thing to be honest!

Thought it was just full of 'u ok Babi hun oX pray to the angles" at this stage.

1 like = 1 prayer

1 like = 1.4 covid

• Registered Users Posts: 5 yeahirock

There is, check out the Nation Pinball Leauge, we held one here and will be holding more in the future fingers crossed. A lot of those lads buy and sell pins and hold some rounds of the comp at their place.

Hey, had to make an account just to get a bit more info from you. Can you elaborate on the Irish pinball scene? Looking up Nation Pinball League or National Pinball League hasn't given me anything, just a Facebook page that hasn't been used in years.

Been looking into buying a pin so I'd be interested in getting involved in the community.

No all Irish pins.

Hey! Can you elaborate on the Irish pin community? I haven't had any joy in find peeps to connect with!!

I'll be in the market at picking a pin up at some stage too so I imagine getting involved in the community could only help!

yeahirock wrote: »
    Hey, had to make an account just to get a bit more info from you. Can you elaborate on the Irish pinball scene? Looking up Nation Pinball League or National Pinball League hasn't given me anything, just a Facebook page that hasn't been used in years.

Been looking into buying a pin so I'd be interested in getting involved in the community.

Yeah there's lots of lads with pins here. The league was cancelled last year due to circumstances but I reckon it might be back for a bit this year, usually goes venue to venue each month, I believe there's 7 or 8 venues now? I think there might be a group chat (I'm not apart of) and usually info is posted on the site Pinballinfo for it, they're great events

Yeah there's lots of lads with pins here. The league was cancelled last year due to circumstances but I reckon it might be back for a bit this year, usually goes venue to venue each month, I believe there's 7 or 8 venues now? I think there might be a group chat (I'm not apart of) and usually info is posted on the site Pinballinfo for it, they're great events

I'll have to keep an eye out! Would love to get involved in the scene in some form.

Thanks for the reply!

• Advertisement

yeahirock wrote: »
    I'll have to keep an eye out! Would love to get involved in the scene in some form.

Thanks for the reply!

No prob! You can probably get in touch with the lads here on one of their posts:
    https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/next-irish-pinball-league-meet-july-21st.43285/

I wouldn't be surprised if we held an event this year in Limerick (if we can) so keep an eye on our socials too

Advertisement