Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

Sad to see an EP tout mentality take over ATN now that people know its likely to sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I don't think there was an "Eco" campsite.

He is referencing the something king of wonderful campsite. Which had eco qualities as it has plenty of room and and older crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

He is referencing the something king of wonderful campsite. Which had eco qualities as it has plenty of room and and older crowd.

Where was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

no Eco campsite (unfortunately), and no Something Kind of Wonderful campsite.

Presumably means the "Both Sides Now" campsite, one of the 2 general campsites, which had plenty of room all weekend:

5F8mHk9.jpg

66654103_337951103812736_8421588946092461646_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fdub5-1.fna.fbcdn.net

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

Spot on...it looked grand from my very expensive, crammed on top on of my neighbours, worn out rented tent!

Its actually Both Sides now....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Tangerine fields was a joke. I've never seen that sort of disorganisation from a campsite before. The people working on the ground were very embarrassed and apologetic. But when I emailed HQ from the queue, all I got was have waving from them, "the queue was because everyone had turned up at the same time". They had one person in reception taking the reservations and confirming them over the phone. They didn't even bother emailing out a general apology. Would be mad to give them any business next year.

whelzer wrote: »
    Spot on...it looked grand from my very expensive, crammed on top on of my neighbours, worn out rented tent!

Its actually Both Sides now....

Cheers my bad haha

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

ATN have stated before that they do not have an 'Eco' Campsite as they want the whole site to be green etc.

If enough people think it would be a good idea and email them their thoughts, then maybe they might change their mind....

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭deeks

Trying to buy tickets this morning but Ticketmaster is showing me that the Past Purchasers Presale (of which I am one) is happening now but I can't find any way of actually buying the tickets. Anyone else have this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

You just need the link to presale

This is the link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Coz

Got the tickets in the Presale. Might be a bit early to set up the Clashfinder though :-)

Apart from the non existent traffic management and the Iron Man route from the Car Park to Wristbands, I had a fantastic weekend at ATN19.

Both of these can be easily fixed. It's all R Roads in the immediate vicinity of Stradbally too.

As far as I could see it was that junction where 5 roads converge into 1 that was causing the problem. It was just before the Blue Car Park entrance. It had no one directing traffic other than a few locals drinking cider, one of which was attired in only Calvin Klein jocks and hi tops. He was also sporting a fine mullet and had his lighter neatly tucked into his undercrackers. Highly entertaining bunch!! Feck knows what it would have been like if they weren't there.

Already excited for ATN2020 and if rumors of Aiken co promoting are true the line up could be stellar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I'm curious - why do people think the lineup would change much in scope when it looks to sell out again this year without a single peek at the lineup? Without an increased capacity, what's the impetus for anything to shift lineup-wise?

ATN have stated before that they do not have an 'Eco' Campsite as they want the whole site to be green etc.

If enough people think it would be a good idea and email them their thoughts, then maybe they might change their mind....

I don’t think anybody is saying there is...

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

Bought my tickets for next year. On balance 2019 was a fantastic weekend despite the flaws dealt with in detail elsewhere. The line up for 2019 was just brilliant and they continued to add great acts well after it was sold out so I'd have high hopes on that front for 2020. My main issue was with tangerine fields, it was so poor I have been turned completely off camping next year. Did anyone stay locally and use the shuttle service at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Hoboo

MJohnston wrote: »
    I'm curious - why do people think the lineup would change much in scope when it looks to sell out again this year without a single peek at the lineup? Without an increased capacity, what's the impetus for anything to shift lineup-wise?

EP sells out every year and continually provides a ****e lineup. I hope ATN stays at exactly the same level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Hoboo wrote: »
    EP sells out every year and continually provides a ****e lineup. I hope ATN stays at exactly the same level.

****e lineup?

Bit of an overreaction.

It's got something for everyone. Except the mole people... but they like some real underground **** we ain't heard yet.

EP has a lot of sh1te on the lineup, but it also has a lot of great stuff, far more every year than ATN will likely ever have IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

EP has a lot of sh1te on the lineup, but it also has a lot of great stuff, far more every year than ATN will likely ever have IMO.

Budget is probably a little bigger at EP.......

well yeah, obviously :pac: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭Stillill42

If this thread could leave the pissing contest with EP aside, it would greatly improve things. I've been guilty myself of comparisons but there's no need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Had a great weekend this year, got tix for next year already. Brought the caravan this year and I'll never do a festival without it again.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Stillill42 wrote: »
    If this thread could leave the pissing contest with EP aside, it would greatly improve things. I've been guilty myself of comparisons but there's no need.

Speaking of pissing contests, I hope they have more toilets and cleaners next year, since theyre in the mood to fix the issues from this year

Had a great weekend this year, got tix for next year already. Brought the caravan this year and I'll never do a festival without it again.
    My camping experience was very poor this year, tangerine fields definitely not worth the money. Am considering hiring a campervan for the weekend next year. Works out about the same price as podpads or 3 nights in a hotel but I reckon it could be worth it for 3 decent sleeps.

hibsman wrote: »
    My camping experience was very poor this year, tangerine fields definitely not worth the money. Am considering hiring a campervan for the weekend next year. Works out about the same price as podpads or 3 nights in a hotel but I reckon it could be worth it for 3 decent sleeps.

Brought a caravan this year, had 3 super 4 hour sleeps, hot breakfasts, toilets and site were spotless, neighbours were all lovely. Didn't get wet once. A decent caravan is 1500, pays for itself over 3 festivals.

Hoboo wrote: »
    Brought a caravan this year, had 3 super 4 hour sleeps, hot breakfasts, toilets and site were spotless, neighbours were all lovely. Didn't get wet once. A decent caravan is 1500, pays for itself over 3 festivals.
    Sounds good, most I got any night in TF was a couple of hours of very broken sleep, no problem 10 years ago but means a horrendous week of recovery afterwards these days! Campervan or caravan option could be the way forward I reckon. Haven't heard much about the shuttles to Waterford this year, I wonder if that ran smoothly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Sounds good, most I got any night in TF was a couple of hours of very broken sleep, no problem 10 years ago but means a horrendous week of recovery afterwards these days! Campervan or caravan option could be the way forward I reckon. Haven't heard much about the shuttles to Waterford this year, I wonder if that ran smoothly?

My experience of the shuttles this year - flawless. Took 45 minutes if I remember correctly, certainly no traffic jams. Got the first one out of there on the Monday at 8am and again it was just great (apart from my sorry state!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Any recommendations regarding camper van hiring companies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Lovely warm bed, fry up in the morning, fresh coffee. Even when the rain got bad, just retreated into the caravan for a few hours and drank away till it eased. Also as everything is in the caravan, we didn't have to carry anything from the carpark.
    I'm 39 now so I need my comfort. Couldn't recommend it enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Lovely warm bed, fry up in the morning, fresh coffee. Even when the rain got bad, just retreated into the caravan for a few hours and drank away till it eased. Also as everything is in the caravan, we didn't have to carry anything from the carpark.
    I'm 39 now so I need my comfort. Couldn't recommend it enough.

Plus one on the caravan option. I am not sure that you will really find a decent one for 1500 quid though. I spent about 4,000 on mine.

My advice for buying a caravan: No damp is what you want. You can buy a damp meter on amazon for 20 quid. Well worth it. Check around windows and skylights and around the toilet. If there is damp, walk away with your money in your pocket.

• Advertisement

Plus one on the caravan option. I am not sure that you will really find a decent one for 1500 quid though. I spent about 4,000 on mine.

My advice for buying a caravan: No damp is what you want. You can buy a damp meter on amazon for 20 quid. Well worth it. Check around windows and skylights and around the toilet. If there is damp, walk away with your money in your pocket.

I was in one for 1200 from the UK and it was spotless, no damp, everything in perfect order. Sleeps 4 in comfort.

For 4k you can get a wee palace.

Advertisement