Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Game has had some more firing and some more hirings. New hire announced today was a writer from Mass effect Andromeda.

Zero hopes for this game anymore, will wait a few months or however long until I know it's not a heap of ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wow.... They are not good credentials. Only cared about 1 character in the whole of Andromeda and skipped all chat from the 2nd planet on. Compared to Mad Effect Trilogy where i loved most of the characters and never skipped anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Varik wrote: »
    Game has had some more firing and some more hirings. New hire announced today was a writer from Mass effect Andromeda.

Ah the "Sorry, my face is tired from dealing with everything" guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Thing is, the writing is done at this point. The combat looked jankey But the graphics looked good so if they get someone on to push it out the door with better combat it might not be that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

he-ded-36624607.png

• Advertisement

Second half 2021 apparently.

And the dev has been kicked by publisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Paradox's website is down for "scheduled maintenance", but they released a statement reading;
    We have now chosen to postpone the release of [Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2] further, and we will not be launching the game in 2021. We have also decided that Hardsuit Labs will no longer be leading the development of Bloodlines 2, and we have started a collaboration with a new studio partner to finish work on the game. This has been a difficult decision, but we are convinced that it is the right way forward to do the game justice.

Blimey. They've also stopped taking pre-orders.

Man, wtf is happening behind the scenes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

Id say all studios are really struggling to get anything across the line with Covid and publishers will need to find developers they can trust to get it over the line as polished as possible especially after the negative response to Cyberpunk ( may or may not have been covid related).

Games on new consoles are going to be very thin on the ground sadly.

• Advertisement

Didn't know this but in 2018 Paradox bought 33% share in Hardsuit Labs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,777 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not surprised. This had ****show writen all over it from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Paradox's website is down for "scheduled maintenance", but they released a statement reading;

Blimey. They've also stopped taking pre-orders.

Lol...the way they were accepting pre orders so early on suggested a confident project. What a mare for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

From what I read on the RPGCodex thread Hardsuit seems like a bit of a headless chicken with no real leadership capable of getting things done. It's hard to totally trust what I read there as they simultaneously seem very informed and very biased but they were quoting Glassdoor reviews so I'm inclined to believe it. Such a shame that all this messing around means we won't get to see a sequel; though maybe Paradox are more committed to the franchise than I'm giving them credit for.

Or maybe I should count my blessings.

From what I've read Brian Mitsoda was the main pitch and he's who Hardsuit labs driven by former lead Ka'ai Cluney used to approach Paradox with after Paradox got the rights, and then they got a few other who were former Troika Games.

He was narrative lead but wasn't the main writer for the game, and the lead writer didn't really have much to her name. She was a contractor here and there and worked as a games journalist/critic for the likes of RPS, Kotaku, and The Guardian. She left and then the Andromeda writer who is actually the wife of one of the remaining leads at Hardsuits got hired.

Hardsuits lab have done a lot of big ports and some original stuff, and they could easily be described as competent so at worst this game should have just been bland at worse. The firing may have been a mutual decision, but if I'd to bet I'd say the other owners of Hardsuit used Cluney & Mitsoda as scapegoats.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

My money is that Paradox take the reigns themselves and go dark for a year, then release the game has Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2: A Hearts of Iron IV DLC pack.

Refunds for all physical games and option for digital with the caveat that there's changes. I doubt any of the digital stores would have rejected a refund request leading up to this in any case.

But game is still in development and stuff getting shown in September.

Absolute mess, I wonder what they have to show in September, surely a rebuild at this state? How about a remake of 1 maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Do we even know what studio is working on it now?

People think it's the Chinese room, but no official word.

They put an unrelated video out a while ago and on a monitor there was a pause menu that looked like it could be it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

What’s really odd is that they had a playable demo. The combat looked janky with the character phasing through enemies but the visuals looked ok. How hard could it be to fix? I’m guessing the content had to be redone as it was causing issues?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,777 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

To be fair, that sounds very true to the original release.

Advertisement