Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Arcade & Retro Chat' Special Championship Edition

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Doge wrote: »
    The EMUVR Beta has been live the last 2 weeks! I only spotted it on facebook yesterday:

Basically you email the owner and he sends you a discord invite link where you can read lots of info and get the download link.

http://www.emuvr.net/beta
    been playing around with it for a while now its fantastic for watching cheesey 80s horror on it ..had last ninja 2 on the little tv and a vhs double bill of House 2 and 'the stuff' on the big telly !

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    464525.png

No idea why the original image didn't update when I fixed it. Can't edit it now, so here's the fixed one to alleviate the OCD of us all. Cidey, it's in your hands now :eek:

464995.png

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Played through Toki last night. (dip switches set to free play and easy difficulty :D) What a great game.

In a weird coincidence I read this morning a HD redrawn version it's coming out on Switch and Gamestop have a limited edition version with cardboard "arcade cab" on pre-order. Tempting........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

Dr Bob wrote: »
    been playing around with it for a while now its fantastic for watching cheesey 80s horror on it ..had last ninja 2 on the little tv and a vhs double bill of House 2 and 'the stuff' on the big telly !

Snap! The last Ninja 2 was the only ROM I tried loading for c64 category!

• Advertisement

Movies, Games, & Videos....anyone remember that show?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Yep used to watch it alright, not as terrible as it could have been :)

Yep used to watch it alright, not as terrible as it could have been :)

Yeah it was decent from what I remember, factual rather than 'funny', but not too deep. Definite 4 g's.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,367 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I used to quite like that. Was similar to Cybernet in that I'd randomly catch an episode while flicking through stations.

N64 Classic to be announced today..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

Inviere wrote:
    Movies, Games, & Videos....anyone remember that show?

Remember it being on utv on a Saturday morning at around 11.30/12pm...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Going back to the recent post about Japanese parcels. Anyone still waiting for theirs or has everyone's arrived?

Still nothing for me, starting to lose hope now. Almost 2 months for one of them :(

Going back to the recent post about Japanese parcels. Anyone still waiting for theirs or has everyone's arrived?

Still nothing for me, starting to lose hope now. Almost 2 months for one of them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭geotrig

DaveyDave wrote: »

Where does the tracking show it being ?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭frasr

All my packages arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Had a caddicarus video on in the backround. Hes alright, lot of his voices he does wouldnt be my taste but I never knew what he said about the RE soundtrack.

Video is time linked to that section of the video

geotrig wrote: »

Where does the tracking show it being ?

No tracking on this particular item but the seller shared tracking of a parcel going to the UK at the same time that was delivered earlier in the week so it seems some parcels are still only being delivered now. That gives me a bit of hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

No tracking on this particular item but the seller shared tracking of a parcel going to the UK at the same time that was delivered earlier in the week so it seems some parcels are still only being delivered now. That gives me a bit of hope.

I'd had one that was posted on the third of September and it arrived on the twenty second of October, that was with tracking and wasn't with customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭briany

Is there such a thing as a console holdout? What I mean is someone who didn't bother moving on to the latest platform, e.g. a guy playing his Megadrive into the early 2000s as his main console, and not just out of some retro allegiance.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,367 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

briany wrote: »
    Is there such a thing as a console holdout? What I mean is someone who didn't bother moving on to the latest platform, e.g. a guy playing his Megadrive into the early 2000s as his main console, and not just out of some retro allegiance.

Megadrive and SNES will forever be my main consoles, I've never stopped playing them. Alot of people here would probably feel similarly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There's some that will only play one brand exclusively, such as Nintendo or Playstation, which is a bit silly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

N64 Classic to be announced today..
    was it?

Dr Bob wrote: »
    was it?

Of course not. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Only example I can think of is the mega drive selling games well past it's death in Brazil, people over there were still playing it into the late 90s iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Not really the same thing but I'm tempted to not bother with the next console generation unless it blows my mind. Instead I might build a modest PC and use it to play the huge amount of older PC games I have missed out on. With some graphical and quality of life mods some of those older games would be excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Anyone watching the newest Castlevania episodes? I'm 6 in
    megaten wrote: »
    If its a PSTV you should be able to just use a USB stick. I have Vita that I keep up to date but I have a PSTV in case I ever need a hacked one.
    Can you put psp games on it too? I presume so, kinda tempted to pick one up now, don't like going back to my PSP the screen isn't as good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Only example I can think of is the mega drive selling games well past it's death in Brazil, people over there were still playing it into the late 90s iirc

There's people here still playing it!
    And I will even when I'm in my late 90s!
    Admittedly, I'm a lot closer to that then the rest of you!

Can you put psp games on it too? I presume so, kinda tempted to pick one up now, don't like going back to my PSP the screen isn't as good.

Theres PSP hardware inside the Vita/PSTV. Once hacked, you can install proper PSP customer firmware onto the device (Adrenaline) and you’ve a fully functional and much improved PSP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Talk of the Christmas meet over on the beers thread if anyone's interested but not usually following it.

Also wanted to know if anyone's interested in the secret Santa or can bring some kinda blind bag stuff and do a lucky dip at the beers like last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Lots of sealed nes games on adverts at the moment. Are there any people here into collecting sealed/mint games? Very unusual to see so many from that era for sale, especially on adverts.

Advertisement