Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off Site WW / Mafia Games Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

I would have little to no interest in watching a game closely if not involved but watching you two on a team will be worth it. Post the link when the game goes live please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

duffman13 wrote: »
    I would have little to no interest in watching a game closely if not involved but watching you two on a team will be worth it. Post the link when the game goes live please :)

Yeas we are awesome

Also don’t tell banjo but peter is my alt

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

What's an alt and why am I it.

Pter wrote: »
    What's an alt and why am I it.

Alternatotive account
    On mu you can alt if you want
    On boards youbmighy get a 6 months ban
    So I was saying you are a jack alt
    Which would be funnie
    But banjo would be cross
    So pretend you aren’t a jack alt

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

duffman13 wrote: »

:D It just got a whole lot more interesting too.

Hydraphobia (Jack Moore and Pter) go up against The Irish FBI (sKeith & Necro) in the same game on 26th November...

It's gonna be awesome :D:D

• Advertisement

Exactly what we needed. A common enemy to unite us.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pter wrote:
    Exactly what we needed. A common enemy to unite us.

That common enemy is MU... right?

:pac:

Necrominus wrote: »
    That common enemy is MU... right?

:pac:

Lol

Necro and I have been chatting and the game on wc 18th doesnt suit either of us, so we are probably going to ask for our team to be subbed.

Necro and I have been chatting and the game on wc 18th doesnt suit either of us, so we are probably going to ask for our team to be subbed.

Me and Keith could do it I’d say

• Advertisement

Necro going to post later in MU. If you wanna suggest ye sub in when he does, no probs by me.

Necro going to post later in MU. If you wanna suggest ye sub in when he does, no probs by me.

If he subs secret squirrel out it goes to the subs list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Jack Moore wrote: »
    Me and Keith could do it I’d say

I can't afford the time to do two of these :(

If you guys still want to do SS but the timing is just off, then just ask for a swap on the hydra thread, asking does anyone other then the 26th want to swap into the 18th, and that'll get you into another date.

sKeith wrote: »
    I can't afford the time to do two of these :(

If you guys still want to do SS but the timing is just off, then just ask for a swap on the hydra thread, asking does anyone other then the 26th want to swap into the 18th, and that'll get you into another date.

You’ll have plenty of Time when me and my buddy off ye on n1

sKeith and Jack Moore have taken mine and Pter's place for next week's game. Looking forward to see how the Not Squirrels do against international competition :D

Necro wrote: »
    sKeith and Jack Moore have taken mine and Pter's place for next week's game. Looking forward to see how 'Not the Squirrels' do against international competition :D

fixed the name. NTS not TNS :D

Best of luck lads!

fixed the name. NTS not TNS :D

Ooops.... :pac:

Is the game 4 showdown still on ?

Jack Moore wrote:
    Is the game 4 showdown still on ?

Sure is. Monday week I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I played in the smash Bros game on MU there this week. I did okay. Game is still live so I won't say much. What I will say though is that I don't have the time commitment to play MU properly. I made 100 posts in 3 days and I was almost the lowest poster. Whereas here I would be grand lol.

Think I'll stick to boards lol. :D

Rikand wrote:
    I played in the smash Bros game on MU there this week. I did okay. Game is still live so I won't say much. What I will say though is that I don't have the time commitment to play MU properly. I made 100 posts in 3 days and I was almost the lowest poster. Whereas here I would be grand lol.

Yeah the posting seems to be off the charts on MU these days. Even for me :pac:

Rikand wrote: »

Think I'll stick to boards lol. :D

Boards is better
    But we need more people
    New subs and active players

Yeah the posting seems to be off the charts on MU these days. Even for me :pac:

When I logged in day1, 1 player already had over 500 posts..... That's nuts

Jack Moore wrote: »
    Boards is better
    But we need more people
    New subs and active players

If we could 40-50 players for a game here I'd bring my bigger game designs. I have one 132 player game design. But that's too massive and may never see the light of day lol

Rikand wrote:
    When I logged in day1, 1 player already had over 500 posts..... That's nuts

Yeah in the feedback thread after the World Champs there was a lot of talk about perhaps putting a post count limit (other than I think an hour prior to EOD) per phase in place.

Mainly down to my friend MP7 and his..

2k posts in the qualifier
    1.5k posts in the WC
    Circa 1k posts in the final

:eek:

Policy lynch that dude is what I'd be doing:P

Yeah in the feedback thread after the World Champs there was a lot of talk about perhaps putting a post count limit (other than I think an hour prior to EOD) per phase in place.

Mainly down to my friend MP7 and his..

2k posts in the qualifier
    1.5k posts in the WC
    Circa 1k posts in the final

:eek:

Policy lynch that dude is what I'd be doing:P

over on mu they have a university forum, with articles, one is called information overload, written by soah.

well, here is a reply that mp7 and that 500 poster needs to read
    I think that people can solve this problem just by being more aware of it while they are playing. I'm always keeping an eye on my post count and comparing it to the other players, and I try to make sure that my post count reflects my level of contribution to the game. If some players in the game are spamming while others are struggling to keep up, I try not to contribute to the problem, and I focus on making my own posts as useful as possible. When not much is happening, I lower my standards so that I can just get more stuff into the thread to generate more discussion.

On 2+2, people came to believe that posting in stream of consciousness was the #1 way to prove that you are a villager, and that proving you are a villager is the most important part of being a villager. And this led to absurd situations where people with the highest post counts in games hadn't even read all of the posts, because they were too busy posting to take the time to actually read stuff that they missed. It does no good for everyone to prove that they're a villager through their posting if no one else is reading it.

And people aren't going to clear you just for post volume unless they think you're a complete scrub. I remember one game on 2+2, which I didn't play in, where a guy posted 250 times on Day 1 only to get mislynched. A number of people laughed at what a terrible lynch it was because he was obviously a villager, but for players in the game who might have limited time available, properly digesting 250 posts by a single person in a single day is a large task. I'm willing to bet that a large percentage of those 250 posts were low-content posts that could be easily produced by a player of any alignment. It's just not possible for anyone to have 250 different deep thoughts to share on Day 1 of a game. And so I can easily see how many of the players in the game could get paranoid about a guy who is running up his post count without having content to justify it. There could be some really good thoughts in there somewhere but they just get lost in the sea of posts. People have to make quick decisions on who to vote for at the end of the day and 250 posts by a single player is way beyond what anyone has time to read in that spot, and that leads to people making confused votes. When people reread your posts, they want to see how your reads evolved, whether you followed up on things, etc, and that can't be done if it is a chore just to make it through all of your posts.

If you're a villager then you don't want the other players to have to spend anymore time than necessary worrying about your role. The time they spend reading your posts is time they are not spending reading posts by the wolves. So when they do read your posts, you should at least make sure they are helpful and informative. If a player spends hours reading your posts and the only thing they learn is that you're probably a villager, then they're still no closer than before to actually knowing who to vote for. So try to help them out by keeping an appropriate signal:noise ratio so that it's actually worthwhile for other people to read your posts.

cliff,.. i'm with you, policy lynch the no content 250-500 day 1 posters.

their signal to noise ratio is way too low to be useful to the village and their posts will wipe you out before end game if you keep them around

What an absolute hypocrite :pac:

90 per cent of his posts were off topic nonsense in green text.

The other 10 per cent was pure Bollocks.

How he made the final still baffles me to this day.

What an absolute hypocrite :pac:

90 per cent of his posts were off topic nonsense in green text.

The other 10 per cent was pure Bollocks.

How he made the final still baffles me to this day.

ehh, quote is credited correctly to soah...

i say that mp7 and the other guy rikand mentioned would benifit from reading it.

• Advertisement

ehh, quote is credited correctly to soah...

i say that mp7 and the other guy rikand mentioned would benifit from reading it.

It’s probounced soo

Advertisement