Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Hollystown

Apologize, I did not read it correctly "Part V agreement has been done off site" , so that very good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wpisdu

Hollystown wrote: »
    Apologize, I did not read it correctly "Part V agreement has been done off site" , so that very good news.

No worries. Well, it might be a good idea to ask where the off site is.

Yep, I would definitely ask them :)

Any news where is the off site location?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Thestart

Any news where is the off site location?

I have an e mail from Fingal county council housing department and there are social units on site.
    The EA e mail appears to be incorrect at the least.
    You can call or email yourself if you want, thay will tell you.

• Advertisement

Thestart wrote: »
    I have an e mail from Fingal county council housing department and there are social units on site.
    The EA e mail appears to be incorrect at the least.
    You can call or email yourself if you want, thay will tell you.

So like i said, the agents Knight Frank and McPeake Auctioneers lied to us. I am just wondering if there is anything that can be done about these lies?

So like i said, the agents Knight Frank and McPeake Auctioneers lied to us. I am just wondering if there is anything that can be done about these lies?

In the e mail fingal say they have contacted the developer regarding the e mails sent by the estate agents.

Thestart wrote: »
    In the e mail fingal say they have contacted the developer regarding the e mails sent by the estate agents.

Can you paste the email from fingal here? Please

Can you paste the email from fingal here? Please

I'll pm you the persons name, position and e mail address and you can contact them yourself.

Yes please PM me.

• Advertisement

I got a reply from very nice lady.

Please see below.

"Part V has been satisfied in respect of this development by the provision of a mix of off-site and on-site units – the 3 on-site units are due for delivery next year."

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭BGozIE

Did anyone get there boiler/central heating checked before completing the sale?

We've been advised to do this but wondering if its over kill?

Thanks

Yes definitely do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Eastpoint

I am considering moving my family up to Hollywoodrath. However, I’ve heard from a few people that tyrellstown is notoriously bad for anti social behavior and I’m very worried it could spill over to Hollywoodrath as it’s virtually on our doorstep. Has anyone who lives in Hollywoodrath experiences this or anyone else heard of this behavior?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I can tell you that the few people who told you are notoriously wrong in their assertion. There is a group of young dicks causing trouble for people, gardai and residents know who they are and where they live and I believe keeping an eye on them. There's no major anti social problem there out of the ordinary for such an area outside of that.

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. You say some dicks were causing trouble and the gardai had to step in is not really encouraging tho is it.

I’ve friends working close to the community in tyrellstown and it was their word of warning that detered me a bit and your confirmation that gardai had to be involved wasn’t what I hoped to hear.

Again thanks for the info and if anybody else would like to get involved in this thread please do

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭BGozIE

I'm moving to Hollywoodrath. I've lived in and around Dublin 15 all of my life so I think a bit of perspective is required here, it really depends what/where you are used to living.

Tyrellstown isnt the nicest of areas, I'd agree with that, but I dont believe it to be any worse or even comparable to some other areas in Dublin. Lets be honest, Gardai dealing with anti-social youths isn't completely unheard of in Dublin is it?

My other halfs parents have lived in Hollystown for the last 10 years, granted its not easily accessed by foot from Tyrellstown, but I've never seen/heard of anything like what is reported about Tyrellstown.

Eastpoint wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. You say some dicks were causing trouble and the gardai had to step in is not really encouraging tho is it.

I’ve friends working close to the community in tyrellstown and it was their word of warning that detered me a bit and your confirmation that gardai had to be involved wasn’t what I hoped to hear.

Again thanks for the info and if anybody else would like to get involved in this thread please do

So you wouldn't want Gardai getting involved where required and have things fester instead?

Tyrrelstown by and large is fine, there's a constant untruths peddled about it but all you have to do is take a look at the publicly available CSO data to see that it's relatively well off with a massive percentage of good people over the bad.

I think you're going over the top thinking that marauding gangs are going to spill over into Hollywoodrath, incidentally a good portion of which is closer to Tyrrelstown than it is to Hollystown.

Great that’s more encouraging. You know I like to leave no stone unturned and if you are going to pay close to 400k on a house you need to make sure.

I do get that hollystown is a different area to tyrellstown and with the main entrance to the development on the old ratoath road it will be closer again. I had a look around the hollystown area and it looks very nice.

Thanks for the reply

Of course I would prefer gardai do their work. Wouldn’t be doing my family any favours unless I did inquire and as I said I’ve spoken to people who work directly with the tyrellstown community that spoke less favourbly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭ra0044

Of course I would prefer gardai do their work. Wouldn’t be doing my family any favours unless I did inquire and as I said I’ve spoken to people who work directly with the tyrellstown community that spoke less favourbly.

I would suggest these people who " work with the Tyrrelstown Community " are talking nonsense. Tyrrelstown has just under 2500 homes and well over 7000 inhabitants. It is one of the most ethnically diverse communities in the country.

Like all communities there are good and bad. Sadly a very small minority of a hand full of families have tainted the image of a really nice place to live.

You only get to hear the vocal minority who may well have been affected by this tiny minority.

Those friends of yours who " work with the local community are doing the entire estate a huge disservice and should take a step back and see the area for what it could be and what a huge majority happily call home.

That’s your opinion you’re entitled to that. Funnily enough you don’t know my friends so your assessment of them is massively misguided.

Thanks for the reply tho I think from other posters I got what I wanted.

The dog on the street knows not everyone is bad!!

Keep the knickers in buddy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Innov

If you are looking to buy or live in Hollywoodrath this website might help - https://www.hollywoodrath.org/ :)

http://www.politicalirish.com/threads/african-gangs-terrorise-tyrrelstown-residents-beat-up-old-irish-man.12567/

Hardly over the top if a mother does not want to let her daughter out at night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Eastpoint wrote:

Eastpoint wrote:

Had a brief read of that thread. One of the most racist things I have read!! Dear god!

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Had a brief read of that thread. One of the most racist things I have read!! Dear god!

Horrifically racist however there does seem to be a problem with gangs in tyrellstown and there are two in particular that happen to be black. Because I’m not from the area I can’t judge but listening to the radio last night on these gangs it’s a worry as I was contemplating moving to Hollywoodrath

http://www.politicalirish.com/threads/african-gangs-terrorise-tyrrelstown-residents-beat-up-old-irish-man.12567/

It took you 2 months to return with that. Hardly an objective website and I'm not giving them the click but from the link itself I think it's an old story, not that it's excusable. However Tyrrelstown doesn't have a gang problem, plural, it's been repeated by numerous people that there was one particular group with ring leaders since been moved on. I reckon it's constantly been jumped on, and probably exaggerated, because of skin colour and it suits many agendas to do so.

When a large group of concerned parents march up to the local police station they must be very concerned. I listened to FM104 last night and it really isnt an isolated incident. The police have admitted there’s a gang problem so you are wrong. Btw didn’t realize there was a timescale for response on a message board lol maybe you can advise on the timescale I wouldn’t want to upset any delicate flowers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

When a large group of concerned parents march up to the local police station they must be very concerned.
    When did this happen?
    Surprised none of our local politians where to the forefront.
    I listened to FM104 last night and it really isnt an isolated incident.
    Which program on FM104?

• Advertisement

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    When did this happen?

Last summer, and there were a number of local politicians involved. It was about that particular family.

Advertisement