Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,215 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I don't think anything has been said about how well it performs on a standard PS4 yet so I think it's a bit early to be worrying about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I am absolutely not worried about the game's performance. This is Guerrilla we are talking about. None of their games have been anything other than exemplary, from a technical standpoint (narrative and game-play standpoints notwithstanding).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Otacon wrote: »
    I am absolutely not worried about the game's performance. This is Guerrilla we are talking about. None of their games have been anything other than exemplary, from a technical standpoint (narrative and game-play standpoints notwithstanding).

True but then they have made sacrifices before. Killzone 2 was a bit shaky and the deferred rendering engine made control really laggy. We'll see, they do have excellent tech people working for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Killzone 4 looked pretty, but was boring an a slog to get through.. will not hold out too much hope for this..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Kinda Tomb Raider with a more rpg feel off this after watching the Kinda Funny demo. Looks a ton of fun to play too.
    I just can't justify buying it at launch as I plan on getting a Switch with Zelda a few days later. Then there is Andromeda....f*ck you March

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭Doge

And this gameplay video was confirmed to be running on a standard PS4 in the comments by PlayStation Access!

Extremely hyped for this now, amazing depth already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Brandon Jones of Easy Allies talks about the game for 15 mins, he played it for 4 hours at some event this week.

It's gone gold! :D

Here's a pic of the Guerilla crew celebrating:

2P41fzO.jpg

Kind of glad I didn't pre-order the collectors edition now.
    Looks like the quality of Aloys face has degraded and looks more dummy like, far too pale:

And I don't think it's just the lighting either it looked far more detailed in this video from July:

The art book is a bit tiny also!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Grandslammer

Guys we need to start a campaign to prevent video games in Ireland from being released on the same date as the UK (which is usually the last to release). We should be on the European release schedule as we ARE NOT PART OF THE UK!!!.

HZD is releasing on the 3rd March in the UK & Ireland and on the 1st March in Europe. The same thing has happened with loads of other games in the past and it needs to stop affecting us in Ireland. There were reports that the game's UK release had been brought forward to the 1st in December, but had been put back to the 3rd again in January.

We need to find a way to make our voices heard about the fact that we are part of Europe and not the UK!!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Guys we need to start a campaign to prevent video games in Ireland from being released on the same date as the UK (which is usually the last to release). We should be on the European release schedule as we ARE NOT PART OF THE UK!!!.

HZD is releasing on the 3rd March in the UK & Ireland and on the 1st March in Europe. The same thing has happened with loads of other games in the past and it needs to stop affecting us in Ireland. There were reports that the game's UK release had been brought forward to the 1st in December, but had been put back to the 3rd again in January.

We need to find a way to make our voices heard about the fact that we are part of Europe and not the UK!!

It is releasing 1st march in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Man, if this is your biggest concern then you have little to be worried about.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Im looking at the Easy Allies Preview and it looks a bit like Far Cry. Taking over bases climbing towers (although they are massive creatures) Anyway im not to hot on another Far Cry I got bored of Far Cry 4 and I didnt bother with Primal. We will see on release I guess.

Heres a link to the vid:

The worst thing this game could suffer from is repitition, just like most combat RPG's like Far Cry and the likes. I tend to lose interest in them also. But the beuatiful world to explore should be a good motivator to keep with it. Also having to fight humans from other tribes adds a bit more diversity.

From all the gameplay seen so far looks like the gameplay is pretty solid.

I just hope it builds to something climactic like the end of Half Life 2 as an example, far too many games are a bit flat in that regard. Borderlands comes to mind, havent played the sequels.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah alot of the stuff is deffo ripped from FC:Primal, even the map with the creatures and the harvesting of wood for arrows etc.....hopefully there is enough to keep us interested while farming like mad.

Still in 2 minds if I will get it on release day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Looks like a lovely idea crammed into the typical Ubisoft open world system. Hopefully it's great though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Street date has been broken so copies are in the wild. Be careful of spoilers. .. although doubt this game's story is anything to write home about

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,085 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Oh my God, I was wrong!
    It was Earth all along!
    So you've finally made a monkey...
    (Yes we've finally made a monkey)
    Yes you've finally made a monkey out of meeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    I love you Dr Zaius!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Sure amazon and Gamestop both say release on the 1st March?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

ahh cmon sure it's only 2days between them lol

if it was 6months or a year I think it would be a problem and we could start something but 1-2 days lol

back in the ps1 days there was regularly 6months between USA and Ireland releases were really lucky nowadays

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm looking forward to playing this game but it's way too close to the Zelda/Switch launch for me to justify shelling out for a day 1 purchase.

I've not looked at a lot of articles/ trailers other than those shown at E3 over the last couple of years but it looks very interesting.

Still very much hyped for the game based on the limited gameplay I've seen but it'll be a bit of a wait until I pick it up.

These first world problems man.... ;)

I can't wait too play this :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Leaked review:

https://abload.de/img/ertjejerketketkrlfku41.jpg

And it's a big thumbs up.

Looks like the embargo is lifted tomorrow, it's always a very good sign when developers let reviews go up early.

Cina wrote: »
    Leaked review:

https://abload.de/img/ertjejerketketkrlfku41.jpg

And it's a big thumbs up.

Looks like the embargo is lifted tomorrow, it's always a very good sign when developers let reviews go up early.

Was just gonna post that, you beat me too it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lovely stuff gonna try and wrangle this out of the missus for early FATHERS DAY or WORLD STRESS FREE DAY or GET ME A NEW GAME FOR THE SAKE OF IT DAY.

Super stoked for this, gonna stick it on the highest difficulty and troll every side mission before I get stuck into the game. Might even you tube my play for others to get a butchers at.

Have to make this last......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Sony just keeps on pumping them out this year (providing it is as good as that review suggests).

Too quick for me to keep up!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Anyone know what amazon deliver times are like for pre-order? I'm not pushed about release day just would like to have it before the weekend and not have to chase down a copy in a store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,103 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anyone know what amazon deliver times are like for pre-order? I'm not pushed about release day just would like to have it before the weekend and not have to chase down a copy in a store.

Depends who the deliverer is.

Asendia: You'd be lucky to ever see it.

Anyone else: Pretty much what the website says.

Advertisement