Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get help on this forum ***READ THIS FIRST***

• 25-10-2007 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

If you are looking to buy a laptop, please include the following information in your post:

Budget: How much you are willing to pay. More is not always better

Intended use: E.g. college work, internet, e-mail, Word processing, programming, games, development, whatever. It makes a big difference.

Mobility: Generally speaking, the smaller a laptop, the more you will pay for it. So if mobility is not important, make sure and state that

Warranty: Is a warranty important? Extended warranties tend to be expensive, do you need the piece of mind? Or would you rather wing it and fix the laptop yourself if something goes wrong? I would. :D

What Operating System do you use? If you are used to using a Windows based pc/laptop, chances are that is the best option. If you use Macs then you might lean towards buying a Mac.

If you have a general question on a laptop you already own, chances are, it has been answered already. So please, DO A SEARCH. I can't emphasise it enough, especially since search is working again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,510 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If you are having a problem with your laptop, please provide the following information where relevant:

Make and Model: eg, HP Pavillion, Dell Studio, XPS, Lenovo Thinkpad, etc.

Is it in warranty?

Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux, OSx

CPU, RAM, GPU: for example, "2.0ghz Dual Core; 2048MB RAM; nVidia Geforce 8400M GS"

Software: What software are your running when you have the error? What Anti-virus/Firewall/Internet Security software is your system running? For example, Comodo Firewall, AVG, Avast, McAfee, Norton

Connection Problems: Who is your Service Provider? What wireless router model do you have? eg. "Linksys, Netgear, Belkin"

The more information you provide the better able we are to answer your question.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I have closed this thread as it seems a fair amount of new boardsies think this thread is the right place to look for advice instead of starting their own threads. If you have any suggestions/ideas for updating this thread drop me a PM and i can add it in.
    Thread Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement