Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Season Ticket 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Grats

Juvenile season ticket costs €40. They're refunding €10, = a quarter of the cost. Adult refund is a third.

A juvenile can get into league matches for free. The main purpose in purchasing a juvenile season ticket would be to have access to championship matches and be able to bring the children along.

In the circumstances a bigger refund than €10 should be given.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭kala85

I assume they are taking the 5 games already played out of it.

You paid 200. You are not getting the Club+ aspect. So you should be refunded that part in full (80). That leaves 120 on the ticket.

Then, in theory, you got 5 games out of it which I assume they have valued at 80 euro. 120 - 80 = 40.

Leaving you with a refund of 80 + 40 = 120.
    What 5 games.

5 league games is it?? How much is entry to individual league games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

kala85 wrote: »
    What 5 games.

20 euro adult tickets.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

irishgeo wrote: »
    20 euro adult tickets.

It's €15 when bought in advance, €20 on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Club+ ticket holders got gouged anyway.

€40 refund and but reassured your Club+ pass will still work for club games.

There's about 10-15 tickets being released per match specifically for Pass Holders in my county at the moment. There's ~1,300 pass holders in the county.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Same As wrote: »
    Club+ ticket holders got gouged anyway.

€40 refund and but reassured your Club+ pass will still work for club games.

There's about 10-15 tickets being released per match specifically for Pass Holders in my county at the moment. There's ~1,300 pass holders in the county.

That must be different per county? Galway announced on July 31st that they were refunding the club+ aspect of the season ticket. And an earlier poster said his refund was 120.

What 5 games.

yeah 5 league games.

People often forget that the season ticket is more of a ticket for the league than the championship

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

yeah 5 league games.

People often forget that the season ticket is more of a ticket for the league than the championship
    What’s more annoying is mayo potentially have 2 important league games left !
    I do wonder now if they were tipped off that attendance will not be increased at all for the winter

That must be different per county? Galway announced on July 31st that they were refunding the club+ aspect of the season ticket. And an earlier poster said his refund was 120.

Yeah, the email from the GAA yesterday said "Your Club + card is still eligible for club championship in your county subject to your Counties ticketing regulations."

Same As wrote: »
    Yeah, the email from the GAA yesterday said "Your Club + card is still eligible for club championship in your county subject to your Counties ticketing regulations."

How do they decide which club+ members get a ticket?

• Advertisement

How do they decide which club+ members get a ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 croker99

Anyone else contemplating asking your bank for a chargeback?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

The refund money landed in my account on Saturday evening.

Miffed about the whole thing, but once I don't lose out on being a "renewal" for next year I'll suck it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 croker99

The refund money landed in my account on Saturday evening.

Miffed about the whole thing, but once I don't lose out on being a "renewal" for next year I'll suck it up.

Which is understandable for counties where it's oversubscribed, but in football I think that's only Dublin and Mayo..

croker99 wrote: »
    Which is understandable for counties where it's oversubscribed, but in football I think that's only Dublin and Mayo..

I'm a Dub and have had an ST since the night it launched!

croker99 wrote: »
    Anyone else contemplating asking your bank for a chargeback?

Yes I'm going to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Yes I'm going to do that

How will you be entitled to a full refund?

And if somehow you do manage it, it will be like you didn’t renew it at all she won’t be entitled to renew when it’s back again ( if it’s over subscribed )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Agreed I'm unsure on what basis one would seek a full refund?:confused:

Extremely disappointed the tickets are scrapped for this year but will gladly renew same.

I'd be gutted to miss any games but ultimately the viability of the whole inter county championship is up in the air.

I paid 200e and they are refunding me 120.
    Where is the other 80e gone?
    I can't get access to any club games.

I paid for a product and it couldn't be delivered on. I'm entitled to a full refund.

Or at least more than 120.if I got 150e back I'd be happy.

Oh sorry I didn't realise you'd paid 200 euro.

The other 80 euro presumably was discounted on the basis of the completed league games which is fair enough IMO.

But I can understand peoples are irate that the discount wasn't greater considering the number of league games completed.

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote: »
    Oh sorry I didn't realise you'd bought 200 euro.

The other 80 euro presumably was discounted on the basis of the completed league games which is fair enough IMO.

But I can understand peoples are irate that the discount wasn't greater considering the number of league games completed.

How much is a league game to go into?

I actually bought two 200e club plus tickets so I'm down 160e?

How much is a league game to go into?

I actually bought two 200e club plus tickets so I'm down 160e?

Not sure TBH but it's outrageous you're down the 80 euro for the club games.

Did you try emailing the season ticket office to argue your case or was it via your county board you purchased the tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

no refund for me yet anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 16,691 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Some people buy the €200 club + ST as they wouldn't go to many Allianz League games cos they are involved with their clubs who are usually busy during February, March & April. They have been the ones who got the big hit.

I got to go to 4 of the 5 games and was charged €80 - €20 a ticket which is grand.

After getting 3 All Ireland final tickets through our STs together in the middle of the Cusack Stand for €60 last year I am not going to complain about it.

As long as Croke Park distribute a fair share back to the relevant county boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭lukin

I meant to post about this before now but I didn't have time; one thing that really infuriated me was when Marty Morrissey was on Six One news the evening that it was announced (Tuesday of last week I think). This cretin was smiling while he was giving the details.
    I couldn't believe it, I don't know if anyone else saw it.I always thought he was an utter gob#### but now I know for sure. Was he actually aware of how disappointing this was for some people? What a complete and utter tosser.

BPKS wrote: »
    Some people buy the €200 club + ST as they wouldn't go to many Allianz League games cos they are involved with their clubs who are usually busy during February, March & April. They have been the ones who got the big hit.

I got to go to 4 of the 5 games and was charged €80 - €20 a ticket which is grand.

After getting 3 All Ireland final tickets through our STs together in the middle of the Cusack Stand for €60 last year I am not going to complain about it.

As long as Croke Park distribute a fair share back to the relevant county boards.

Me too. 2013, 15,16,17,18,19 and 2 replays.
    Went to all the league games so happy with the refund.

Having gone though the hassle of trying to source a final ticket in 2011 I realise that I am very lucky to have a Dublin season ticket. The peace of mind of the final ticket is invaluable.

Me too. 2013, 15,16,17,18,19 and 2 replays.
    Went to all the league games so happy with the refund.

Having gone though the hassle of trying to source a final ticket in 2011 I realise that I am very lucky to have a Dublin season ticket. The peace of mind of the final ticket is invaluable.

As I said above, I have been on the scheme since 2009 so I'm well aware of how great it has been for me in that period, but it's a kick in the teeth to just cancel them like this.

To cancel them and give us money off the next ST (whenever that may have been) would have been preferable.

has anyone had contact regarding "renewals" and our entitlement to them in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Anyone else still waiting on intercounty refund?

As I said above, I have been on the scheme since 2009 so I'm well aware of how great it has been for me in that period, but it's a kick in the teeth to just cancel them like this.

To cancel them and give us money off the next ST (whenever that may have been) would have been preferable.

has anyone had contact regarding "renewals" and our entitlement to them in the future?

There is going to be next to nobody in the ground even if the championship goes ahead.
    When everything is back to normal we will get them again.
    They are a real money spinner for the GAA.

• Advertisement

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Anyone else still waiting on intercounty refund?

Yup.

Advertisement