Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Watched it on TG4. Mattie Ruane was immense as well driving forward. Seamus and Conor also very influential at times.

Watched it back.

Cracking contest.

Aidan really came to the fore in the second half but all 3 O Shea brothers were very influential.

Rate John Glavey as a referee but yikes Ruairi Byrne was very lucky to not get his marching orders after that incident.

It was funny after the fact when he'd the realisation of what he did.Timpiste how do.:D

Very harsh penalising James Durcan for a delay on taking his mark.

Mattie Ruane only confirmed Sean Og de Paor tuairim go mbeidh todhcai mor aige.God did we miss him last year.

Relatively quiet day for Paddy Durcan,James Durcan showed glimpses of what he can do.

Danny Kirby after a great initial 40-45 minutes faded a tad.Is there a sweeter striker of a placed ball than Neil Douglas?

What's with the headbands?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭flasher0030

seligehgit wrote: »
    Watched it back.

Cracking contest.

Aidan really came to the fore in the second half but all 3 O Shea brothers were very influential.

Rate John Glavey as a referee but yikes Ruairi Byrne was very lucky to not get his marching orders after that incident.

It was funny after the fact when he'd the realisation of what he did.Timpiste how do.:D

Very harsh penalising James Durcan for a delay on taking his mark.

Mattie Ruane only confirmed Sean Og de Paor tuairim go mbeidh todhcai mor aige.God did we miss him last year.

Relatively quiet day for Paddy Durcan,James Durcan showed glimpses of what he can do.

Danny Kirby after a great initial 40-45 minutes faded a tad.Is there a sweeter striker of a placed ball than Neil Douglas?

What's with the headbands?:D

It was a good match alright. Conor O’Shea can really star in club matches. I wonder what is it about intercounty that doesn’t bring out the best in him. I’ve seen him dominate many club games.
    I don’t know about the Ruairi Byrne incident. I think he was lucky in that many refs would have given a red in the drama and the fact that Aidan went down like a tonne of bricks. But it wasn’t a headbutt to me. Both of them were sizing up to each other. Both leaning in. AOS felt the slight contact and had the experience to hit the deck. Funny reaction by Byrne alright. But I think he was right in that reaction. He knew straight away what was unfolding and O’Shea had almost hung him out to dry.
    Also funny about the hairbands as you stated. And the fancy hair styles.
    I thought Seamus O’Shea was in great shape. Plenty of running in him. And some nice clean fetches. He was really up for it.
    But I don’t think Breaffy are a balanced enough team to go all the way. They have 7 or 8 excellent players. But then after that, they are carrying the rest of the team. I don’t know. Maybe I’m being too harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

But I don’t think Breaffy are a balanced enough team to go all the way. They have 7 or 8 excellent players. But then after that, they are carrying the rest of the team. I don’t know. Maybe I’m being too harsh.

This is what makes Castlebar and Tubber stand out from the rest. Their additional players plus a few subs are generally at a higher level. Ballina are the dark horses this year. Discipline could be their downfall though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I think Castlebar are done, Knockmore should have beaten them last year and Ballagh did.
    IMO if it’s not Ballintubber it’ll be either Ballina or Knockmore

It was a good match alright. Conor O’Shea can really star in club matches. I wonder what is it about intercounty that doesn’t bring out the best in him. I’ve seen him dominate many club games.
    I don’t know about the Ruairi Byrne incident. I think he was lucky in that many refs would have given a red in the drama and the fact that Aidan went down like a tonne of bricks. But it wasn’t a headbutt to me. Both of them were sizing up to each other. Both leaning in. AOS felt the slight contact and had the experience to hit the deck. Funny reaction by Byrne alright. But I think he was right in that reaction. He knew straight away what was unfolding and O’Shea had almost hung him out to dry.
    Also funny about the hairbands as you stated. And the fancy hair styles.
    I thought Seamus O’Shea was in great shape. Plenty of running in him. And some nice clean fetches. He was really up for it.

Totally agree.In most club matches I've seen Conor has really performed.

Shame it did'nt happen at inter county level.

Seamie looks in great nick,same v Garrymore in the Michael Walsh competition.

I too think there'll be a new name on the Moclair Cup.

Ballina Stephenites seem to be the form team.

• Advertisement

Westport v Castlebar Mitchels

Ballina Stephenites v Knockmore

are likely to be the 2 games streamed on Mayo GAA TV.

Any unfortunate Kilfian fans on here??

Just saw the outcome of their junior championship "match-up" against Kilmaine.

Kilmaine 9-25 Kilfian 5 points.

Jesus, that's some beating. A 47 point drubbing. Must be well up there with the worst in the record books.

As someone said on the Mayo blog

Is that a score or a train time?

Anybody see Padraig O Hora's interview with Mike Finnerty?Quality!:)

Ah Ref posted it up on Facebook courtesy of Mayo GAA TV.

https://www.facebook.com/184861092275370/posts/765599800868160/?d=null&vh=e

Good for him. Bit different than the typical interviews from our GAA guys - "tough opposition, great game, game of 2 halves, take each game as it comes etc. etc.".
    He's a great addition to the Mayo set-up. It's a pity we didn't have him few years ago. He's 27 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Any unfortunate Kilfian fans on here??

Just saw the outcome of their junior championship "match-up" against Kilmaine.

Kilmaine 9-25 Kilfian 5 points.

Jesus, that's some beating. A 47 point drubbing. Must be well up there with the worst in the record books.

I think I’ve only ever once (to my knowledge) passed through that parish. I don’t think they have ever had numbers and I can’t imagine that score line would encourage too many to join up either. Mind you it could be a case of there being a load on holidays or Another reason - it’s a bad score line alright.

• Advertisement

Blackjack wrote: »
    I think I’ve only ever once (to my knowledge) passed through that parish. I don’t think they have ever had numbers and I can’t imagine that score line would encourage too many to join up either. Mind you it could be a case of there being a load on holidays or Another reason - it’s a bad score line alright.

It’s more to do with them being a C championship team in an open junior championship. Normal service will be resumed next year

Green&Red wrote: »
    It’s more to do with them being a C championship team in an open junior championship. Normal service will be resumed next year

Makes more sense

Very enjoyable club championship podcast.

Mayo News Podcast

https://themayonews.podomatic.com/enclosure/2020-08-12T04_24_57-07_00.mp3

Anybody see Padraig O Hora's interview with Mike Finnerty?Quality!:)

Ah Ref posted it up on Facebook courtesy of Mayo GAA TV.

https://www.facebook.com/184861092275370/posts/765599800868160/?d=null&vh=e

I think O’Hora could end up in a lot of disciplinary trouble as he comes up against better, cuter footballers.

The likes of the O’Connors, Keegan, Kevin McL will see him coming, make a slight dip and it’ll look like he’s taken the head off them

It’s why I can’t see him making it at inter county level

I think O’Hora could end up in a lot of disciplinary trouble as he comes up against better, cuter footballers.

The likes of the O’Connors, Keegan, Kevin McL will see him coming, make a slight dip and it’ll look like he’s taken the head off them

It’s why I can’t see him making it at inter county level

He needs an immense amount of coaching with regards to tackling. He tends to dive in. Pity Donie isn't still involved as a project like O'Hora would be right up his street.

Fair enough observation.There's definitely been a decline in the quality of tackle in general since Donie Buckley left.

Same was noted previously.

I hope the lad does make it as he's refreshingly honest,an interesting character and has all the appearances of a thoroughly decent individual.

Had a chat re the understrength nature of the Mitchels.

Ger Mc Donagh and Aidan Walsh will be sorely missed this year.

Donal Vaughan and Johnny Maughan are currently unavailable too.

Shane Irwin presumably is pursuing the advancement of his medical career elsewhere.

A very solid club footballer.

Seriously considered popping out to Breaffy and seeking a suitable vantage point to watch the big match next Saturday.

It's not the same watching it via Mayo GAA TV.

A notable scribe on all matters Mayo GAA Mr. John Melvin Connaught Telegraph sports editor has retired after 47 years.

A fair innings!

Auld stock will recall the MelVINE was compulsory reading.

Many a story was regaled from Mick Byrne's whilst in the company of the great Sean Rice.

County hurling final will pitch

Tooreen v Ballyhaunis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/inside-the-world-s-largest-sports-air-dome-just-outside-knock-1.4329476?fbclid=IwAR3VA5pvrFOlw_csxortpChra2H6s01EnsyMf27pBSN0VtRT9BWpHN7ZjhU

Not sure if anyone posted this, Looks a great place and a bargin at e100 a day.

I wonder will we see more of these springing up at the bigger clubs. I've seen some clubs send that on club houses!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

afatbollix wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/inside-the-world-s-largest-sports-air-dome-just-outside-knock-1.4329476?fbclid=IwAR3VA5pvrFOlw_csxortpChra2H6s01EnsyMf27pBSN0VtRT9BWpHN7ZjhU

Not sure if anyone posted this, Looks a great place and a bargin at e100 a day.

I wonder will we see more of these springing up at the bigger clubs. I've seen some clubs send that on club houses!

What club spent 3 million on a club house?

I see Mayo GAA TV have given a free pass to all the cairde maigheo ticket holders

Ah Ref mentioned that Mayo GAA Twitter is refusing to retweet cub tweet (lotto, matches etc) if Ah ref is also tagged in the tweet, what sort of juvenile f*ckaboutery is that?

What could possibly have gotten their knickers in a twist about two lads who are providing amazing coverage for our club games

I've commented before about the Mayo News podcast, I think Rob Murphy could make it less about his in-jokes and just stick to the football but these two lads have the personality to carry any podcast, they're brilliant, outstanding knowledge, good camaraderie and craic and they move at a perfect pace. It won't be too long until there are picked up by someone bigger if they want it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I see Mayo GAA TV have given a free pass to all the cairde maigheo ticket holders

Ah Ref mentioned that Mayo GAA Twitter is refusing to retweet cub tweet (lotto, matches etc) if Ah ref is also tagged in the tweet, what sort of juvenile f*ckaboutery is that?

What could possibly have gotten their knickers in a twist about two lads who are providing amazing coverage for our club games

I've commented before about the Mayo News podcast, I think Rob Murphy could make it less about his in-jokes and just stick to the football but these two lads have the personality to carry any podcast, they're brilliant, outstanding knowledge, good camaraderie and craic and they move at a perfect pace. It won't be too long until there are picked up by someone bigger if they want it

A free pass for one match is it? How do we access it?

Also i dont see the 2 games for €7 on offer? Is that gone now?

A free pass for one match is it? How do we access it?

Also i dont see the 2 games for €7 on offer? Is that gone now?

Can't see it either?

It would be nice gesture if they did a double package on today's two games.

Looks like it's 10 euro.Hope the weather clears up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Can't see it either?

It would be nice gesture if they did a double package on today's two games.

Looks like it's 10 euro.Hope the weather clears up.

Actually the offer is there, when you click Buy on one of the games the double package offer also shows

Hopefully the streams will be up scratch with no technical issues.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Hopefully the streams will be up scratch with no technical issues.:)

Anybody else having trouble to log onto mayo tv with the number received from mayo gaa for cairde maigheo members?

eastmayo wrote: »
    Anybody else having trouble to log onto mayo tv with the number received from mayo gaa for cairde maigheo members?

I've a Croke Park season ticket and purchased two separate 7 euro passes.

See Green and Red/Coillte Bhoy's posts above # 6022,6023.

They appear to be cairde maigheo members and had no issues.

I've a Croke Park season ticket and purchased two separate 7 euro passes.

See Green and Red/Coillte Bhoy's posts above # 6022,6023.

They appear to be cairde maigheo members and had no issues.

I’m a central season ticket but could pay my €7 for the Knockmore and Westport games

QUOTE=Green&Red;114385412]

[/QUOTE]

To be honest when he started out with his twitter account he was an awful dose, pretty much insulting anyone who disagreed with him and levelling some fairly personal abuse towards the Mayo PRO, referring to the MayoGAATV initiative as a bunch of c@@nts when they were giving season tickets as prizes for purchasing games and that sort of carry on. He’s copped on a fair bit and he’s at less of that sort of immature Shiite but I don’t think the people he abused have forgotten.

You can’t carry on like that and then whinge about it when people don’t respect you.

He has certainly done a lot to raise the profile and vastly improve the coverage of club games but his acting the dick at the outset did him no favours.

QUOTE=Green&Red;114385412]

To be honest when he started out with his twitter account he was an awful dose, pretty much insulting anyone who disagreed with him and levelling some fairly personal abuse towards the Mayo PRO, referring to the MayoGAATV initiative as a bunch of c@@nts when they were giving season tickets as prizes for purchasing games and that sort of carry on. He’s copped on a fair bit and he’s at less of that sort of immature Shiite but I don’t think the people he abused have forgotten.

You can’t carry on like that and then whinge about it when people don’t respect you.

He has certainly done a lot to raise the profile and vastly improve the coverage of club games but his acting the dick at the outset did him no favours.[/quote]

This 100%. Came across as an awful dick at the start.

• Advertisement

He has certainly done a lot to raise the profile and vastly improve the coverage of club games but his acting the dick at the outset did him no favours.

Didn’t realise that, makes sense but at the same time, move on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement