Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nightmare Wisdom teeth removal needed

• 26-07-2020 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

Hello!

I'm having a nightmare with my wisdom teeth right now. I'm getting bad pain at night with them but it feels like just one entire side of my face is in pain. It's not constantly like this but it flares every few weeks.

I went to my dentist (finally conquering my fear) and they confirmed it was the bottom wisdom teeth and they need to come out. However they cant do it in that practice so I was referred to the dental hospital and the waiting list is huge.

They need to come out, I cant deal with this pain anymore.

Would anyone be able to recommend somewhere in Dublin that I would be able to get them removed? I have a medical card but I will pay if needs be because I cant continue on with the pain.

Or could someone suggest something to help in the mean time?

To add ideally not Smiles, I got a wisdom tooth removed there before and was not happy with the service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Clare Kat

So sorry to hear about your wisdom tooth dilemma. I know you are in Dublin, but can I recommend the Dental School in Cork. My sister goes there all the time and swears by them. She was terrified of the dentist prior to attending the school. She said they are consummate professionals and are supervised for each and every procedure. Also, if you have to pay it’s much cheaper than attending a regular dentist. It’s just a thought. The school is located in Wilton as far as I know. It’s just a suggestion. Best of luck in the meantime.
    pew wrote: »
    Hello!

I'm having a nightmare with my wisdom teeth right now. I'm getting bad pain at night with them but it feels like just one entire side of my face is in pain. It's not constantly like this but it flares every few weeks.

I went to my dentist (finally conquering my fear) and they confirmed it was the bottom wisdom teeth and they need to come out. However they cant do it in that practice so I was referred to the dental hospital and the waiting list is huge.

They need to come out, I cant deal with this pain anymore.

Would anyone be able to recommend somewhere in Dublin that I would be able to get them removed? I have a medical card but I will pay if needs be because I cant continue on with the pain.

Or could someone suggest something to help in the mean time?

To add ideally not Smiles, I got a wisdom tooth removed there before and was not happy with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Clare Kat wrote: »
    So sorry to hear about your wisdom tooth dilemma. I know you are in Dublin, but can I recommend the Dental School in Cork. My sister goes there all the time and swears by them. She was terrified of the dentist prior to attending the school. She said they are consummate professionals and are supervised for each and every procedure. Also, if you have to pay it’s much cheaper than attending a regular dentist. It’s just a thought. The school is located in Wilton as far as I know. It’s just a suggestion. Best of luck in the meantime.

Thanks for the suggestion Clare Kat...I'll keep that in mind...it might be a good excuse for a break away too :)

Advertisement