Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Riker and his women

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Lyan wrote: »
    No doubt! I'm sure Dr Crusher had to keep a large stock of the cure at all times.

That promiscuous part of his character is part of what makes me lose respect for him. I mean fast and easy womanizers don't exactly make for role models.

It's very questionable. Do I really need to spell it out? Entering sexual relations with the leader of a tyrannical regime while on an away mission to enter diplomacy with said leader. It speaks for itself.

For me I dont care about the promiscuity but rather the fact that he had a background relationship that kept being referred to with troi.

They refer to their background through out the series calling each other by their betazoid beloved imzadi pet name.

She is an empath and can probably sense riker ****ing some girl but an episode or two later he is calling her beloved or she is calling him beloved.

That relationship always struck me as messed up and I was disappointed that they ended up tiring the knot.

Edit: I'm aware they are supposed to be exes for tng but I dont think I've ever called an ex beloved or similar. Also I'm pretty sure if I had an ex that could sense emotions or if I could sense emotions I definitely would not want to be on the same ship as an ex.

For me I dont care about the promiscuity but rather the fact that he had a background relationship that kept being referred to with troi.

They refer to their background through out the series calling each other by their betazoid beloved imzadi pet name.

She is an empath and can probably sense riker ****ing some girl but an episode or two later he is calling her beloved or she is calling him beloved.

That relationship always struck me as messed up and I was disappointed that they ended up tiring the knot.
    The relationship was a lot more full on in the xxx parodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,786 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

There was a TNG tie in novel, Imzadi, thought it did a great job imagining a back story for the romance.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Lyan

Edit: I'm aware they are supposed to be exes for tng but I dont think I've ever called an ex beloved or similar. Also I'm pretty sure if I had an ex that could sense emotions or if I could sense emotions I definitely would not want to be on the same ship as an ex.

That seems to be a more general problem with TNG in that some episode writers appear to have never watched the show before.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Riker tries to get Picard laid :pac:

Bad music, but lists a few of his women;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

I always thought they didnt write the Troi/ Riker thing right .Actually they never really developed any real romantic relationships on the ship. All diasterous. They just seemed to throw in the word/ Troi thing at end.
    Realistically somebody should have had a long term relationship on the bridge crew or an occasional friends with benefits. Though perhaps the holodeck took care of a lot of frustration?!
    Picard / crusher went nowhere but in the novels they have a kid and then hey presto no mention of her in the Picard series.
    I know canon vs non canon but I thought it worth preserving.
    Especially given the 10 year gap between nemisis and Picard.
    What did they expect the novel writers to do with him over a decade??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Evade

Data had a thing for security officers.

Advertisement