Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Pixel 4A - euro 179 on Vodafone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭melikebanana

hampton wrote: »
    Bought today at 3 pm used my vodafone number at 6 pm received a message on email -
    Thanks for shopping with Vodafone.

Your FREE delivery of your selected purchases will be delivered by An Post.

Good luck everyone
    How did you manage to do it with an existing number? Any time I try to use my VF number and account the discount disappears.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Just ordered there.

How long does it normally take to get despatch email guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Just ordered there.

How long does it normally take to get despatch email guys?

Did you get the confirmation email?

Skuxx wrote: »
    Did you get the confirmation email?

Yes, does that mean the order is successful?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Going by this thread I wouldn't be overly confident of anything until the phone is in your hand, but you've some chance!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭luvlyjubbly

6 orders across 2 accounts, all cancelled! Everytime got the order confirmation email. I'm a Vodafone customer and health insurance customer! Just trying to get one of them for my nephew. Absolute shambles

Confirmation of the order isn't guaranteed you'll get one, a lot of them get cancelled. Some people got dispatch email, but I didn't. Keep a check on it on the Vodafone site, if you see added shipping number to your order you can be confident it's on the way. Their website e-commerce is beyond a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Got my tracking number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Order accepted with code VF0013 for €179. Will keep you updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

2 confirmed orders (as in money taken) here so far but both cancelled.

Think this website has worn out my resilience, what a steaming pile of crap.

• Advertisement

advertsfox wrote: »
    Order accepted with code VF0013 for €179. Will keep you updated.
    Order dispatched - only took 2 hours to process :)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Consider doing the lotto..
    advertsfox wrote: »
    Order dispatched - only took 2 hours to process :)

Worked 1st time

Got despatch email.

Dont even know why I ordered, i guess thats the culture of the BA forum :)

Why are some orders failing for some people?

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Consider doing the lotto..
    Wife ordered as well, same for her too. I'll do the Euromillions too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

Ordered last night with promo code VF0013 for 100 euro off, confirmation email within 2 mins, dispatch email this morning 8am.

Cant wait as my pixel 3a charge port is donked, pixel 3a is/was awesome while it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

The 4a is a considerable upgrade in terms of size and weight, 'nicer' in the hand.

Great deal in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Mine arrived on the 2nd go :) Just as my Pixel 2 was on the way out.

FYI for anyone trying to identify patterns - I used the same card, account, browser, email etc. The only thing I noticed different was that there was a new "account" created under orders on the Vodfone site, the failed one just had my surname, the successful one had my full name. I also put my address in manually, as for some reason it kept adding an incorrect area into the delivery address - even though on the Eircode website it looks correct.

Cheers for the great bargain!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

6 orders across 2 accounts, all cancelled! Everytime got the order confirmation email. I'm a Vodafone customer and health insurance customer! Just trying to get one of them for my nephew. Absolute shambles

5 across multiple accounts for me, all cancelled. Very frustrating in general but even more so as this is a great deal.

5 across multiple accounts for me, all cancelled. Very frustrating in general but even more so as this is a great deal.

I feel your pain, I was lucky to be successful on my third attempt

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭BoredNaMoaner

Mine arrived today in the post this morning although I really wasn't expecting it after reading about all the cancelled orders etc.. I have PAYG number. Signed into my account and ordered the phone. Put in the promo code VF0013 during checkout and received 100 euro off. It was a completely painless transaction, have a lovely new phone for 179 euros and for once I'm grateful to vodafone. Once of the best bargains I got from boards, thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

7 orders for an iPhone SE and finally the last one went through and was delivered this morning. I'm now second guessing myself and might return it and get the 12 instead--- after all that pain

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Interesting to see issues exist with purchasing other phones too

It is pretty clear that the web store is a disgrace. One hopes that they don't use failed orders in the quarterly financial results to the market

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

3 hrs in and order is not yet cancelled....lol what has this got to !

Troll is on a long lunch break.. it is Friday..
    3 hrs in and order is not yet cancelled....lol what has this got to !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

As bad as Vodafone's website is their support is even worse. I do not recommend any one contact them ever.

Troll is back from lunch - mine from 12pm has been cancelled. That is 13 for 13 cancelled folks, all with confirmation email.
    Troll is on a long lunch break.. it is Friday..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Troll is back from lunch - mine from 12pm has been cancelled. That is 13 for 13 cancelled folks, all with confirmation email.

Yeah troll just cancelled it....lol !

You know the old saying. If at first you don't succeed, drive yourself mental trying over and over again.

• Advertisement

Statistic gathering, and the possibility that I'm annoying the troll

You know the old saying. If at first you don't succeed, drive yourself mental trying over and over again.

Advertisement