Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Child maintenance and welfare benefits

• 10-03-2021 4:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Husband broke up with me in December last year, we have a 5 year old child. I've been living in Ireland for almost 5 years and been a SAHM the whole time.
    We took out a joint mortgage and bought a house in early 2018, even tho I didn't have a cent and couldn't put anything towards the deposit.
    Were separating and were very confused mainly about child maintenance and what to do with the house.
    Husband's salary is way above average but after taxes isn't too much. We were talking about me and our child staying in the house and he would move out and rent somewhere else while still paying our house mortgage (around €1,100 a month). However we can't really agree on child maintenance, he suggested something between €500 and €600 a month, and that should cover our child needs and house bills as such electricity, bins and Internet. Im not sure if that amount is fair enough.

I get child benefit payment every month, but I'd like to know if I'm entitled to any other benefit like medical card or drug payment card.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

I'll probably get ripped to shreds, but you didnt put a penny towards the house, the deposit or nothing and cant pay the mortgage by the sounds of it, and want to stay living there? why not sell the house as the equity cant be much if bought in 2018, and both move on and let him pay child maintenance? Based on that you said in another post you were married abroad and your child was born abroad, Id say that is significantly relevant, especially given that you said you want to take your child abroad, far away from the father.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Hi OP,

First of all if your partner can afford to rent, pay your mortgage, and that much maintenance then it’s incorrect to say there isn’t much left after tax - this is something a lot of couples where one is not working struggle with so count yourself lucky.

Any social welfare entitlements you might be able to avail of will be means tested. The maintenance from your ex will be counted as income. I don’t know what the minimum/maximum requirements are but there will be info on welfare.ie and citizens information.

In my own case there is no maintenance agreement with my ex because I work and our son splits his time between us 50/50, we pay half of large bills like grinds, etc.

I would recommend you use the free mediation service to agree what is fair, though there is a wait for that at the moment.

Would you consider a part time job to help with your income, given your child is of school going age? Tricky at the moment with restrictions but lots of supermarkets are looking and offer part time shifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Iced_tea

1874 wrote: »
    I'll probably get ripped to shreds, but you didnt put a penny towards the house, the deposit or nothing and cant pay the mortgage by the sounds of it, and want to stay living there? why not sell the house as the equity cant be much if bought in 2018, and both move on and let him pay child maintenance? Based on that you said in another post you were married abroad and your child was born abroad, Id say that is significantly relevant, especially given that you said you want to take your child abroad, far away from the father.

If we sell the house, husband would have to pay his mortgage and rent a place for us if he wants us to stay in Ireland. Honestly there's no much for me there, and say there bc now I'm abroad, I'm a secondary teacher and defo would have more chances to get a job in a school, do what I love and have a career here than in Ireland. But I'm so stupid and always put other people first that I'm willing to stay so our child gets to see her dad as much as she can. I've given up so much since I moved to Ireland and been told by so many people that I have to. Learn to put myself first and I think this separation is a good chance to do it.

YellowLead wrote: »
    Hi OP,

First of all if your partner can afford to rent, pay your mortgage, and that much maintenance then it’s incorrect to say there isn’t much left after tax - this is something a lot of couples where one is not working struggle with so count yourself lucky.

Any social welfare entitlements you might be able to avail of will be means tested. The maintenance from your ex will be counted as income. I don’t know what the minimum/maximum requirements are but there will be info on welfare.ie and citizens information.

In my own case there is no maintenance agreement with my ex because I work and our son splits his time between us 50/50, we pay half of large bills like grinds, etc.

I would recommend you use the free mediation service to agree what is fair, though there is a wait for that at the moment.

Would you consider a part time job to help with your income, given your child is of school going age? Tricky at the moment with restrictions but lots of supermarkets are looking and offer part time shifts.

According to the laws of the country where we got married, legally we would have to pay a percentage of his salary, and financial compensation for every year that I couldn't work
    because I stayed at home looking after the child, but I won't want any type of compensation from husband, already told him that, all just want him to pay whatever amount is fair for our child.
    Im considering work as a childminder because it would suit school hours, not sure about working shifts in supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op
    Are you suggesting you don't think the offer of paying the mortgage €1100 plus €600 is a reasonable offer?
    Are you even taking into consideration that he will also have a new house to rent and new household expenses to pay each month?

You said you don't expect your husband to 'compensate you' but you do get to live in the house (with your child) rent free - IMO that is subsidising you. Not subsidising you is selling the house, taking his deposit back, and giving you 1/2 of the remaining equity then offering you more that €600 a month (but less than 1700), and expecting you to pay your share of expenses.

I personally think that as a stay at home parent you contributed equally to the family as he did. But being a stay at home parent is a situation many families cannot sustain. As a single mum, you know its not going to happen - you will have to look for work to make ends meet.

Neither of you are going to have the same disposable income you are used to.

• Advertisement

Iced_tea wrote: »
    If we sell the house, husband would have to pay his mortgage and rent a place for us if he wants us to stay in Ireland. Honestly there's no much for me there, and say there bc now I'm abroad, I'm a secondary teacher and defo would have more chances to get a job in a school, do what I love and have a career here than in Ireland. But I'm so stupid and always put other people first that I'm willing to stay so our child gets to see her dad as much as she can. I've given up so much since I moved to Ireland and been told by so many people that I have to. Learn to put myself first and I think this separation is a good chance to do it.

Im a bit confused by a few things, I thought you were in Ireland,

You say He would have to pay his mortgage? and rent a place for you+child to stay?in Ireland?? that sounds either like a typo or not how I thought the situation was. It sounds like there is even more than one mortgaged property? when you say sell the house, and he would have to pay his mortgage and your rent? Im not sure how many properties there are but it sounds like 2 owned properties and a potential 3rd rented one? needs clarifying.
    I thought you were living in the purchased house and he/you were talking about him moving out to rent, with both/all of you here in Ireland, that sounds like he is living in the purchased house and you abroad,

It really depends on where your here is, how far and if you have employment there now or better prospects than Ireland, if your home place is where you got married and if your child was also born there that would be relevant, If you are a secondary school teacher there, maybe you would have better employment options in your home country as from what Ive heard (but that is on boards mostly) is that teacher training isnt starightforward to transfer from abroad to Ireland and additional qualifications might have to be taken on (which could be the same for a number of professions here, but thats a seperate thing I dont know fully about, I think a Hdip in teaching??).

Also, I think the father has a right to see and know their child, and visa versa the child know and see their father, on the one hand it sounds like you are putting yourself first which I can understand as a child has time and can adapt and change into circumstances and an adult has less time to do so, on the other it depends on what opportunities the child might have being there over being in Ireland. If your child was born abroad, are they or you Irish citizens, it is likely to have some relevance for you and the father and your child.

That all said I can understand where you are coming from and it might be very possible for a parent to have some kind of relationship long distance with a child with the technology available, difficult, maybe more costly (in that funds might not always be available to visit) and tough, but not impossible. Maybe the father would like the child to visit them for extended holidays when they were off school if they live abroad though, how that might feel to you is probably how it feels to the father when they are away from their child all the rest of the time.

Id say its very difficult form a long distance from an emotional perspective.

I dont get why you would think he would have to foot the bill fully for a stay here, maybe you could fulfill requirements to be a teacher here through supplementary training (whats required to work here, not that your skills arent up to scratch), but I imagine it would be a long road and cost a few quid. Childcare might be more rewarding than working in a shop and your existing skills might be transferable even among different age groups as there might be after school care for more grown up children that need to get homework done and not just infants/toddlers/small children.

imo, if the father is working here and helping with childcare supports and gets to see their child if abroad (which sounds to me like a decision you have made or might regret not progressing a career yourself), then it seems it might be more sensible to keep the house for him to live in as it might cost less than renting or trying to purchase all over again and that might help his ability to provide maintenance, it doesnt sound like there would be much equity left to share out if anything and wrap things up if bought only recently, ON the other hand it might be sensible to sell up and tie off loose ends, knowing after sale costs there will be little to nothing left out of any equity.
    It depends on a few things imo
    The Country you are from/in, and what opportunities the child will have there, and how far/easy/difficult it is to get there in terms of if they are equal or similar opportunities then maybe different countries is possible.
    If you bought the house together, how much was contributed by each party and are all names associated with the property.
    The nationalities, what is on someones passport may affect things,
    imo discussing things is the only way, I dont know if that has occurred or didnt come to pass for some reason or if mediation was explored.
    It does sound like a good deal (and dont take this the wrong way) of your decsion is based on what opportunities you have here compared to your home country (which I can understand), I think it is relevant what the childs opportunities will be there compared to Ireland, thinking of waht a 12hr radiius from Ireland might be, if its the US I can see they may well have similar opportunities and you better compared to here for less cost and similarly there may be other locations elsewhere where that is the case, I wont name other places for fear of offending, but there are likely places that dont offer that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

So he's going to pay €1100 of a mortgage, €5/600 in child maintenance, €1000+ for his own rent. All this and you're threatening to take his child away to another country?

This has to be a wind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Husband broke up with me in December last year, we have a 5 year old child. I've been living in Ireland for almost 5 years and been a SAHM the whole time.
    We took out a joint mortgage and bought a house in early 2018, even tho I didn't have a cent and couldn't put anything towards the deposit.
    Were separating and were very confused mainly about child maintenance and what to do with the house.
    Husband's salary is way above average but after taxes isn't too much. We were talking about me and our child staying in the house and he would move out and rent somewhere else while still paying our house mortgage (around €1,100 a month). However we can't really agree on child maintenance, he suggested something between €500 and €600 a month, and that should cover our child needs and house bills as such electricity, bins and Internet. Im not sure if that amount is fair enough.

I get child benefit payment every month, but I'd like to know if I'm entitled to any other benefit like medical card or drug payment card.

How much more than 1700 a month do you think is "fair enough". Genuine question. He needs to be left with sufficient means too, and given that you will likely stay in the family home until your child is 18 or older if they go to third level, it's a long time for him to be struggling to survive.

So he's going to pay €1100 of a mortgage, €5/600 in child maintenance, €1000+ for his own rent. All this and you're threatening to take his child away to another country?

This has to be a wind up.

They seem to already be out of Ireland, I do think there is a lot being asked, although nothing is straightforward, I might not agree with the OP, but I can understand where they are coming from, thats why these situations happen.
    If the childs nationality is not Irish, there might be nothing to stop the mother taking her child to her home country, even if the child is an Irish national, as she is the mother there might be limited options, but I believe these things have occurred in the past.

OP,

It is positive that you are looking to childminding, with your teaching background I’m sure you will have a lot to offer and as you said it will suit your child too with hours.

I also say fair play for putting your child’s needs ahead of your own and choosing to remain in a country that is not your home country where you have little supports and your qualifications as a teacher might not stand as is, so that your child can have a meaningful relationship with both parents.

I think your (ex) husband paying the mortgage in full in addition to 500/600 per month is generous and I don’t think it would be reasonable to ask for more especially as you have no childcare costs. But put pen and paper together and work out the actual costs (bearing in mind the children’s allowance you get) as that will help rather than plucking a figure out of the blue. You are lucky the man in this case is a high earner and can afford this in addition to his own rent.

• Advertisement

They are already abroad!

OP,

It is positive that you are looking to childminding, with your teaching background I’m sure you will have a lot to offer and as you said it will suit your child too with hours.

I also say fair play for putting your child’s needs ahead of your own and choosing to remain in a country that is not your home country where you have little supports and your qualifications as a teacher might not stand as is, so that your child can have a meaningful relationship with both parents.

I think your (ex) husband paying the mortgage in full in addition to 500/600 per month is generous and I don’t think it would be reasonable to ask for more especially as you have no childcare costs. But put pen and paper together and work out the actual costs (bearing in mind the children’s allowance you get) as that will help rather than plucking a figure out of the blue. You are lucky the man in this case is a high earner and can afford this in addition to his own rent.

They are already gone! the Op themselves stated this,

Im not sure how that tallies with still receiving child welfare, I heard that is allowable although the parents may have to update the SW, Id say the info is available from the SW themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭jules86

You may be entitled to claim one parent family payment, you would need to contact your local intreo centre

Sorry scrap this I see you're not in the country anymore

OP can you clarify if you are in Ireland currently or if you are abroad? It’s hard to decipher. It will help posters to advise - thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

why is the OP looking for a medical card and other state benefits as well as child maintenance if she dosn’t live in this country anymore and neither she nor her child are Either a resident or living here? Does she think someone won’t notice??? ? Welfare shopping? Are they planning on renting out the family house and claim benefits? This will trigger all kinds of fines if not declared and issues when it is seen - not to mention the 50% tax+ revenue will come looking for.

Is the husband still living and working in Ireland? Is she planning on childminding abroad? If her child is now 5 why dosn’t she go back to school too to teach - should he oay for her to sit around all morning when she can probably get hours or get back her career job now that her child can attend school and she is free.

More questions than answers here.

The OP has stated that she is not an EU citizen and her home country that she has already left and taken his child to for is an 18 hour flight away. It all seems more than a little distorted.

why is the OP looking for a medical card and other state benefits as well as child maintenance if she dosn’t live in this country anymore and neither she nor her child are Either a resident or living here? Does she think someone won’t notice??? ? Welfare shopping? Are they planning on renting out the family house and claim benefits? This will trigger all kinds of fines if not declared and issues when it is seen - not to mention the 50% tax+ revenue will come looking for.

Is the husband still living and working in Ireland? Is she planning on childminding abroad? If her child is now 5 why dosn’t she go back to school too to teach - should he oay for her to sit around all morning when she can probably get hours or get back her career job now that her child can attend school and she is free.

More questions than answers here.

The OP has stated that she is not an EU citizen and her home country that she has already left and taken his child to for is an 18 hour flight away. It all seems more than a little distorted.

I didnt notice that bit highlighted re medical card, cant see there is any need or use for it, maybe they are enquiring if they return, but clarification would help.

I think it may still be possible for a parent, possibly the father to avail of state benefits for his child if he works here, there is probably/likely a system for that. I dont know if the mother can avail of it if she is not living here though, I think it was available for people working here if their children were living abroad or it used to be, but it may be beneficial to the mother/child if the father can avail of it legitimately rather than it found out later that any terms werent met.

They didnt really state if they are a non EU citizen, just that they returned to their country. They may actually be an Irish national, they may not be, but I didnt think that was highlighted.
    The OP did say they are a secondary teacher and suggested they can get work in their home country, I think the childminding was an option if she stayed here.
    It might be a possibility to re-train here for a teaching qualification, the likelyhood or more so the cost might depend on her actual nationality plus the timeframe if she feels she can get straight into that same job in her home country, I am sympathetic on one hand and on the other Im a bit befuddled.
    Maybe mediation was never explored here or maybe it was, maybe being far from home and knowing you cant reach your full potential in your qualification/training here right now hasn't helped, there could be other issues,

In her past comments she said that her home was an 18 hour flight away, in a non EU country, that neither she nor her child were Irish and she had taken the child and flown the 18 hours back to her home country with it to ‘be with her friends and ‘family and was no longer living in Ireland’. All of which begs questions as to why she wants to claim Irish social welfare benefits available to people living in this country for herself as neither she nor the child are even living on this continent anymore.

Im not getting into any speculation about the rest of it - I doubt the father on his reported huge salary will qualify for a means tested medical card. etc etc

In her past comments she said that her home was an 18 hour flight away, in a non EU country, that neither she nor her child were Irish and she had taken the child and flown the 18 hours back to her home country with it to ‘be with her friends and ‘family and was no longer living in Ireland’. All of which begs questions as to why she wants to claim Irish social welfare benefits available to people living in this country for herself as neither she nor the child are even living on this continent anymore.

Im not getting into any speculation about the rest of it - I doubt the father on his reported huge salary will qualify for a means tested medical card. etc etc

While I can see where you are coming from and I understand and agree with certain sentiments, unless it was in another thread, I cant see that the OP has stated she is not an Irish Citizen, its possibe she has maintained her citizenship/nationality of the country of her birth. I think many people will still consider and call the Country they were born in/grew up in their home country, but they may actually be a naturalised Irish citizen. Im estimating what a 12 hour (you said 18 hour) distance would be, I am sure the OP wrote that but I cannot see it anymore, maybe Im wrong, but there is no time duration to her home country now, I was just trying to estimate approaxiomately where it might be radius wise, but it would seem definitely outside the EU.
    while I dont think they should or could claim childrens allowance legitimately, I think the father who it was stated is Irish and living and working here could, I cant see any reason why he would not be able to do that? as I have read that EU citizens could make such claims for their children who never lived here (although I found that a bit much imo), it doesn't seem unreasonable that an Irish parent working here could claim for their child (who happens to live elsewhere) if those rules still exist.

Definitley some things need to be clarified

This is what OP has posted in another thread -

‘Hi, I'm separating from my Irish husband, we have a small girl and I'm going back to my home country (18 hours flight from here) next month. Its been hard for him but agrees that our child will be better with me, I've been suffering a lot and I need my family and best friends close to me. We got married abroad and our child was born outside the EU and so far we haven't agreed on anything about money or visiting.’

But it’s unclear from this thread whether or not OP has moved or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Its complicated, she can claim CB because her husband pays tax in ireland. But any other support? Im not sure she would qualify for anything. If she lives in a Non EU country and he works and pays tax here then what laws need to be followed with the separation?

Legal advice is needed OP.

This is what OP has posted in another thread -

‘Hi, I'm separating from my Irish husband, we have a small girl and I'm going back to my home country (18 hours flight from here) next month. Its been hard for him but agrees that our child will be better with me, I've been suffering a lot and I need my family and best friends close to me. We got married abroad and our child was born outside the EU and so far we haven't agreed on anything about money or visiting.’

But it’s unclear from this thread whether or not OP has moved or not

Thats probably where I read it then, the OP stated in this thread they had left this country.

jrosen wrote: »
    Its complicated, she can claim CB because her husband pays tax in ireland. But any other support? Im not sure she would qualify for anything. If she lives in a Non EU country and he works and pays tax here then what laws need to be followed with the separation?

Legal advice is needed OP.

Id have thought the resident tax payer could claim, Im astonished another person not residing here or paying tax can though.

Personally, Id say talk things through between both parents and listen to each other, even if a possible end result is or seems to be known, mediation might better help discuss things, even if abroad this might be possible, especially with covid restrictions, Id consider that before going in strong with legal advice because a solicitor is looking out for themselves too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Thats probably where I read it then, the OP stated in this thread they had left this country.

Id have thought the resident tax payer could claim, Im astonished another person not residing here or paying tax can though.

Once one parent is paying tax in Ireland child benefit can be claimed for the child.

But the other benefits being queried ? I would think so as straight forward

Once one parent is paying tax in Ireland child benefit can be claimed for the child.

But the other benefits being queried ? I would think so as straight forward

A straightforward no.
    And the husband is on a huge salary apparently - so little chance for him.
    Someone now living an 18 hour flight away wants to claim benefits off the Itish Taxpayer social welfare system - it really beggars belief. Particularly when they have a career and professional qualification but seem not to want to bother working in their home country.
    i hope the SWI are well on top of this.

I'm very surprise with all the messages, apparently I wasn't clear enough or maybe I missed some info.
    We came to South America mid February because I was feeling extremely alone in Ireland and had to have health check ups, specifically female issues that needed to be checked by a gyn and not a GP, also had a broken tooth (already was told that I need an implant), and finally, covid vaccine schedule is running smoothly (Im 37 yo and I'm scheduled to have the first dose next Tuesday). We're meant to fly back to Ireland the last week of April, which I don't think it might happen with all that quarentine in hotels.
    Husband earns around €7,500 a month before taxes, we own only one house which mortgage is €1,100.
    I want the best for my child, she's an Australian citizen, same as me and ex husband. Our daughter has an Irish passport bc of her dad and I just have the one from my country and the Australian one, so if you ask me, I would go back to Australia if I could, I think there's more opportunities there for her and me, but distance between our child and her dad would be very long.
    I love Irish people, but I've always felt trapped there, I don't have family, and only have one close friend, the rest is just people I know bc of ex husband.
    I just finished a masters degree to have enough credits to register with the teaching Council but I'm still missing 15 more, that's why Im currently studying only the modules I need, and that's will be my last try to have all the credits.
    I wish I had someone to tell me what to do and what would be the best for ME and MY CHILD.

A straightforward no.
    And the husband is on a huge salary apparently - so little chance for him.
    Someone now living an 18 hour flight away wants to claim benefits off the Itish Taxpayer social welfare system - it really beggars belief. Particularly when they have a career and professional qualification but seem not to want to bother working in their home country.
    i hope the SWI are well on top of this.
    I have no intention to claim anything from Irish tax payers I'm not there. I love my teaching career so much and when I've had the chance to work as a substitute teacher while on holidays visiting my family, I always do it with so much love, makes me feel happy and complete, even if it's a couple of weeks.

According to your first story you have a professional qualification as a teacher, your husband is Irish, you have no money of your own and your husband left you in december. Now it seems you are medical shopping around the world and have the funds to support this, flying to countries despite the embargos and risks and are here trying to figure out how to work the Irsh welfare system despite no longer living here and now living in a non eu country 18 hours flight away. I assume you’re doing the same thing in Whatever country you are in now? Yet you are choosing to ignore the qualifiication you said you already have in your home country and also said you won’t work - except as a babysitter. Now you are doing a masters but the story still doan’t hang right. In any case you arn’t even IN Ireland anymore yet are lookng both not to work, for your husband to pay your alimony ( & rightly so) but somehow think you are also owed a medical card and more by those who do work - and in this country? when you are jetting around medical shopping and living in a different continent?? It really beggars belief. More red flags than a communist parade.

Suggestion - seeing as you asked again - go back to teaching, your profession, have some fixed financial arrangement for your husband to pay for the upkeep of his child, allow him the access and rights as a father he should have, have some dignity in working to pay your way in society and let your child see a good rolemodel in contributing to society . Millions do it - particularly those with households that have joint household incomes of 7,500 per month.

Taking this at face value...

He is being very generous by offering as much as he has. Almost foolishly generous. A good solicitor would advise him to offer nothing and seek family mediation, not just make blanket offers to cover all or any of your costs.

If this went to the family courts in Ireland the chances of your being awarded anywhere even close to €1700 per month from him would be very slim, even if he is on a very high wage. Maintenance is calculated based on costs not just income. He may be ordered to pay you some spousal maintenance until you get back to work, but the most you could reasonably expect in court is half the mortgage (excluding utilities) and half of any child related costs, with an expectation that you find a job and pay the other half yourself, as soon as possible.

Regarding One Parent Family or other benefits, IF he were ordered to pay a high amount of maintenance, its unlikely you would pass the means test for other benefits. SW would count half of the all monies he paid to you, (including the mortgage payment) less an additional small amount of €95 per week which would be disregarded against your share of the housing costs, in any means test. Your child would get free GP care under the age of 6 and you might qualify for a GP visit card.

This is Ireland. I'm not familiar with what happens in other countries when couples separate, but here separation and divorce is no fault. A husband will not be expected pay over a set percentage of his income, or to 'compensate' you for your years of being a SAHM and he will not be expected to support you for an indefinite period of time after the separation, especially not when your child is of school going age. The expectation would be you go back to work and become self-supporting, within a reasonable period of time.

According to your first story you have a professional qualification as a teacher, your husband is Irish, you have no money of your own and your husband left you in december. Now it seems you are medical shopping around the world and have the funds to support this, flying to countries despite the embargos and risks and are here trying to figure out how to work the Irsh welfare system despite no longer living here and now living in a non eu country 18 hours flight away. I assume you’re doing the same thing in Whatever country you are in now? Yet you are choosing to ignore the qualifiication you said you already have in your home country and also said you won’t work - except as a babysitter. Now you are doing a masters but the story still doan’t hang right. In any case you arn’t even IN Ireland anymore yet are lookng both not to work, for your husband to pay your alimony ( & rightly so) but somehow think you are also owed a medical card and more by those who do work - and in this country? when you are jetting around medical shopping and living in a different continent?? It really beggars belief. More red flags than a communist parade.

Suggestion - seeing as you asked again - go back to teaching, your profession, have some fixed financial arrangement for your husband to pay for the upkeep of his child, allow him the access and rights as a father he should have, have some dignity in working to pay your way in society and let your child see a good rolemodel in contributing to society . Millions do it - particularly those with households that have joint household incomes of 7,500 per month.
    I guess you didn't read my answer to the previous post, I WON'T CLAIM ANYTHING IF I'M NOT LIVING IN IRELAND!
    I don't think it was relevant to say that I get help from my family to afford flights and other needs me and my daughter might here here or in Ireland.
    Medical shopping? Absolutely wrong there, considering that GPS, Consultants and health exams costs are extremely high and not great in Ireland. Do you want me to pay €55 to see a Gp, instead of €7 for seeing one here? Consultants in ireland charge around €200 per visit, I pay €7 here, first dental check up to have a quote is usually for free here, I guess its not less than €50 in Ireland. When doctors send you for tests you need to pay every time you see them, even if it's too tell you that you're fine, here where I'm at the moment LOOKING AFTER MY HEALTH, I have 14 days to have tests done and get the results to avoid paying for another €7 visit. Our daughter sees a paediatrician when she gets sick, and not because I want it that way, but because a GP won't see a child unless it's an emergency. Regular blood tests are available to the patients the day after have them done. I've have done so many tests done so far, and still have a couple more.
    Im so happy to be here and have the chance to have a teaching career AGAIN, I have the support of my family, have childhood friends and have a nice weather but my child doesnt have her dad close, and that it is what makes me think about going back to Ireland, apart from that. I wouldn't bother to go back, unless it's to sell the house, pack important stuff, close bank accounts and cancel mobile contract.

Can’t keep up with your changing stories - a while back you had no money, no income, made no contribution to the house, had no savings, no family - now here you are flying around the world
    medical shopping, worrying about a e7 visit but I suspect the flights and travel costs and accommodation and quarentineon return would far outpace that. Im not sure what saving flying a 5 yo to south america would be to visit a GP but even basic maths says laugh. Your first post was about wanting a medical card and free medical treatments - it seems there are a lot of resources available to you including ‘borrowing’ from new friends and family that would obviously precent you from qualifying for a medical card - including as well your husbands 7,500 a month income. And the fact that you seem to be trotting around the globe and have the resources to pay for this despute having no income, no resources and wanting to get Irish social welfare payments - a country you and your child don’t live in.

I’m not bothering anymore. I’m glad the SWI keep an eye on these sites. The bells will be ringing like new years eve at St Patricks cathedral when you turn up at the counter.

Of course you could always get work now that your child will be in school - even if you don’t want to work in your chosen career as a teacher anymore.

Can’t keep up with your changing stories - a while back you had no money, no income, made bo contribution to the house, had no family -
    now here you are flying around the world
    medical shopping, worrying about a e7 visit but I suspect the flights and travel costs and accommodation and quarentineon return would far outpace that. Im not sure what saving flying a 5 yo to south america would be to visit a GP but even basic maths says laugh. Your first post was about wanting a medical card and free medical treatments - it seems there are a lot of resources available to you including ‘borrowing’ from new friends and family that would obviously precent you from qualifying for a medical card - including as well your husbands 7,500 a month income. And the fact that you seem to be trotting around the globe and have the resources to pay for this despute having no income, no resources and wanting to get Irish social welfare payments - a country you and your child don’t live in.

I’m not bothering anymore. I’m glad the SWI keep an eye on these sites. The bells will be ringing like new years eve at St Patricks cathedral when you turn up at the counter.

Of course you could always get work now that your child will be in school - even if you don’t want to work in your chosen career as a teacher anymore.

Clearly you didnt read my last message. I don't have intention of claiming anything from Irish welfare department UNLESS I GO BACK AND LIVE IN IRELAND, is that too hard to understand?

I dont have an income in Ireland, is that clear? What new frienda you're talking about? I said I get to see my childhood friends! No even asking them for money.

Is it a crime that my parents support me when I'm in need?

You want me to spend thousands of euros on my medical treatments in Ireland for a very mediocre doctors and system instead of coming to my home country for way way lower costs than in Ireland and get same day appointment, tests appointments and high quality health care? It sounds more jealousy in your messages than anything else.

My child is so used to travel long distances that flying to South America or "around the world" is like you going to any European country. Once again, these flights are mostly supported by MY PARENTS.

About only coming here for a GP? Jesus, that was a example to compare prices! So far I've seen one consultant for one of my health problems and I've paid €21 here, you really want me to pay at least €600 in Ireland for the same type of consultant and amount of visits?

Another one, you want me. To put my parents income from. Abroad in a Irish welfare application form? That's laughable!

Again, I would never claim anything while. Living abroad, I was asking in case we decide to stay in Ireland! Is that hard to understand?

You said trotting the world, I call it coming to my family in troubled personal and sensitive times, I can't control the distance between the 2 countries unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Anyone who looks back on your posts can see the constantly changing stories and poormouth/ suddenly have money fluxuations. You started off looking to see what benefits you could claum and specifically focused on wanting a medical card hence the reply. Your circumstances have changed in every other post - no money, no family, no friends, no income, etc etc but sure you’re fine flying around the world with your child using money you can access ( but not yours of course because you want to claim benefits and have no income & no job & no savings) and you might come back to Ireland and your husbands 7,500 a month salary and claim benefits ( and a medical card of course) if you can figure out what you can get. I see tour child is used to flying around the world with you and all that goes with that in terms of costs and health risks at the moment and quarrentine. I’m sorry your marriage broke up. I hope you find work as a trained teacher again.

Advertisement