Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

October 2021

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Denise2007

Gupta wrote: »
    You should try a support belt, osteopath and a deep tissue massage for the sciatica, some good yoga/pilates stretches help too.

Thanks so much, how are you doing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Any one else absolutely dying in this heat? :-) Have to go down the coombe for the dreaded diabetes test tomorrow, am measuring big so really hope I dont have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Hope that you got on okay with the test! I was told they don't do the diabetes tests as routine here in Cork, you need to have an indication to get it done which I was a bit surprised by.

I'm 30 weeks now, movements have gotten significantly stronger this week. Feeling pretty good, finding I have a bit less energy and the heartburn is a killer but overall I feel like I'm getting off lightly!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mildred22

How is everyone doing? Final countdown for most.. 6 weeks to go for me! I can’t see how I can get any bigger.. been very uncomfortable the last week and was in holles street, they have said it’s pelvic girdle pain.. so looking forward to meeting baby :-)

I feel your pain there, I've had bad back pain the last few months but its really unbearable this week. Didnt have diabetes thankfuly, have been testing twice now- Just have a huge baby (confirmed with growth scans). I'm so big now that i'm not allowed go to 40 weeks and they have scheduled a section for Sep 30th which will be exactly 39 weeks.

Big part of me is relieved as I had a really traumatic drawn out birth on my daughter but also very anxious as it will be my first section. So if anyone has any advice re section, I would appreciate it.

Hope everyone else getting on well. Its really annoying that you dont get updates from boards now since the change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Mildred22

I’m the same 2 diabetes tests no diabetes, second growth scan this week and then will make a decision but chances are won’t let me go over 40 either… I’ll be induced but have to wait and see. I still have 5 weeks!

exciting times for you getting very close. This is my first so no advice unfortunately on sections! But best of luck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭buffin

Happy October everyone!! Hope you're all doing well? Any babies make an appearance yet?

I'm officially at the giant and impatient stage, but still have 11 days to go until due date and, based on my first, reckon I'll go way over. Just got approved for a home birth which I'm both delighted about and terrified of, but hoping it'll go well on the day!

My little guy was delivered by section on September 30th (So technically not an october baby :-) Was a planned section so my partner was actually able to come in when I was given a bed which was great especially seeing as I wasnt done til 6pm cause of a few emergency sections. We were very lucky in that sense and im very greatful for it as I was a bag of nerves having never had any kind of surgery before.

Thankfully all went well and our little monster was born. The 2 nights in hospital were pretty rough, espec at night but got home on the early transfer community midwife scheme which was a lifesaver as it meant my partner could do everything else while I focused on breastfeeding and sleeping. Recovery has been ok so far and am looking forward to getting back to normal and doing more.

Hope everyone else is doing good.

Advertisement