Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

There’ll be a nice spike in the next few weeks to bring us back to reality on that front but fully agree, people are acting like it ended on Friday last at 6pm sharp.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,604 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ryan watches DWTS at home, with a mannequin dressed like Hillary Clinton.

”Shall we…dance?”

“you can lead Hilary, you’re much more manly than me”

"Can you say 'We came. We saw. He died' one more time? Gawd, I love that."

9:11 and the 9 o’clock news hasn’t even started yet on the Player……wtf are they at in there in RTÉ?

• Advertisement

Tears, JFK, bukes, Biden, Trump, Taylor Swift…..etc. etc.

Now 10mins riffin’ on American Politics, the lad thinks he’s broadcasting to a global audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Could huberdy be any more dislikeable ?

Said even before the... Thing..He used to sanatise his hands after shaking hands with people (peasants). What a cnut.😠😡

Also biden called a reporter a son of a bitch, but in tubs world , maybe he didn't mean to say that and misspoke 🤔 because in ryans world only trump said bad words

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

He credited himself with being ahead of the curve when it came to hand sanitising and what sort of amadan pays for his meal in a restaurant because y'know they like the Toy show.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,604 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ryan listening to Fontaines DC…

The double-standards are laughable. He also said the Fox News reporter “wasn’t very kind” to Biden; yes, because that’s his job…..being kind to a head of state.

I’m no Trump supporter but I’ll say one thing about him in his favour - at least he was a very vocal and visible President. Biden by comparison is invisible. You could easily go 2+ weeks without hearing a peep from him. It’s a little worrying tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

has anyone even seen Harris since she was elected?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭StevenToast

To answer the question you posed in your first sentence.

No. He has reached peak dislikeability.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

This is absolute trash.

Baz or Callan or indeed anybody who can read would be capable of reading out snippets from sections of the newspapers like this, and the que cards of misery could steer any host through the misery section.

It truly is pathetic fare from a host and production team that seem to treat the audience with contempt.

If a chef put the same effort into a meal as the production team and host put into this programme they would be shut down by the health authority and possibly be arrested for attempted murder.

Absolutely dreadful drudge from one of the most unlikeable and uncharismatic personas I have ever heard.

A cosseted wastrel mindlessly riffing about his unbelievable privilege just is not good entertainment and any production team that are happy with this as the output of their days (few hours) work must have no ambition or creativity or integrity and I assume the "phoning it in" culture of serving up any old crap and collecting the pay cheque is as prevant as ever on this show as elsewhere.

I just don't understand why this immensely dislikable persona was ever thought to be a good idea.

Tubs first half hour of every show is like normal people skiving for the first few minutes of work, until the boss turns up and says lads are we going to do any work today or just stand around talking b@llocks.

But it doesn't look like tubs has the same type of boss as me🤔so he just carrys on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭archfi

NFT's.

Basically, 'You will own nothing and be happy'

At least Tubridy sounds narked off about it.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭archfi

Does anyone remember did Tubridy critique the Zappone-Varadkar Merriongate shítfest last year cos he's got at least a week and a bit out of a foreign country's version.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Course he didn't 😂😒😆

Our shower are all good. Every one else bad.

Every Irish film , song , brilliant

Any British or American stuff that tubs doesn't like, understand. Is Rubish and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭StevenToast

And you have Dee Forbes and Moya Doherty out crying about people not paying the TV Licence???

Why should I when you pay Ryan Tubridy €500,000 a year?

No chance

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 7,123 ✭✭✭plodder

• Advertisement

I’ve genuinely seen more of her than Biden. I follow US Politics (like Bryan, lol) and watch a lot of US TV so maybe I’m just exposed to her more.

Is he angling for a job in the States, post-RTE or something? His biased fixation on US politics is completely unsuited to public sector broadcasting, IMO, though it is a good fit for the neo-liberal bias of our political and media establishment.

What really irks me about his casual endorsement of the Dems though is that both Dems and Republicans are fully behind the MIC and the US war machine. Within the US this means hoovering up mostly poor people, dangling a college education (and/or citizenship and, currently, large signing bonuses) in front of them, and then sending them overseas to kill, steal, build better businesses for companies back home, and destroy. Politicians and weapons companies are raking it in and more than 20 military vets commit suicide everyday.

In other words, you don't even have to get in to the damage the MIC does overseas to realize that it is an evil, expolitative operation from top to bottom. These realities don't seems to bother lickspittle Tubridy however, the little billox.

to me it looks like he’s after the coveted White House intern role

For me the chances of him working anywhere outside Dublin are between slim and none.

An individual who has never lived outside Dublin, or lived outside the small area of Dublin and bubble he was born into, is not going to leave now at age 50 or whatever age he is. He's been at rte since he was a child. I believe he would be homesick for the comforts he enjoys very quickly indeed.

Also to be honest I think his "following of American politics" only goes as far as following click bait articles about Hilary Clinton (yayyy) or Trump (booo) but as its an area of interest that is viewed as having an amount of intellectual gravitas he of course makes out like his big into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Funny listening to him struggle with the concept of paying money for a picture all the same.

I've no interest in NFT's but has he never heard of someone spending a fortune on an original photo while a print of the same thing can be got for nothing?

"I want John Lennon's actual guitar", he says. Of course you do Tubridy, you entitled little ****.

"This one time, someone gifted me an original letter written by Charles Stewart Parnell. Why cant everything be like that?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

For some reason I'm getting this advert while scrolling the Liveline thread! 🤔🤔

Wonder will it pop up for Ryan too, I'm sure it'll interest him....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Double cancer death.

Overwhelming grief and crying.

These are the things that Riffin' Ryan absolutely LOVES.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,975 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

... and now a woman talking about her son in the past tense......more death.

Advertisement