Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eir Customer Service

• 22-09-2020 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

I want to cancel my eir account as the customer service at eir is terrible.
    I'm still waiting on a cancellation call a week now and trying to ring 1901 customer service is shocking wait time over a hour, and when I get through I was told to ring 1903 for customer service 1903 IS TESCO MOBILE yous can't even give the right number out.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Yet another examples of where there should be a law that says if you can sign up online then you must be allowed cancel online.

Cancel your direct debit at bank level. Eir will be in contact quickly thereafter and tell them that you did all you could to cancel.

Also contact Comreg.

I left eir in June and send back everything they are still sending me a bill every month since then saying I owe them over €240 now and when I try to ring there is no answer and when I put in my old account number it says I don’t have one and yet they are sending me bills, straight in the bin they go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

you can fill out an online cancellation. They will ring you to confirm, but it does state cancellation is 30 days from submitting the form
    https://www.eir.ie/support/online-forms/cancellations/

Forget about calling them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭thomas 123

I'm still waiting on a cancellation call a week now and trying to ring 1901 customer service is shocking wait time over a hour, and when I get through I was told to ring 1903 for customer service 1903 IS TESCO MOBILE yous can't even give the right number out.

Hey mate,

Just off the phone with eir. The agent said it looks like the last agent didn't submit the cancellation properly... Worth calling again as he agreed the 30 day notice date was the date I called initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

JTMan wrote: »
    Yet another examples of where there should be a law that says if you can sign up online then you must be allowed cancel online.

Cancel your direct debit at bank level. Eir will be in contact quickly thereafter and tell them that you did all you could to cancel.

Also contact Comreg.

When cancelling your direct debit with the bank, also blacklist Eir to prevent them setting up a new direct debit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Com reg eventually, they are the pits, I received bills for years after leaving them( - bills but still annoying)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Not sure this will make any difference, Comreg should give out heavy fines, that might teach them.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/eir-takes-on-extra-staff-as-comreg-chases-it-on-complaints-1.4362756

Not sure this will make any difference, Comreg should give out heavy fines, that might teach them.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/eir-takes-on-extra-staff-as-comreg-chases-it-on-complaints-1.4362756

Eir have used the excuse "we need to hire more staff" to solve their CS issue for at least 2 years now. Nothing ever changes.

Vodafone, Virgin and others are getting as bad as Eir with CS. They are all doing it because CS is seen largely as an expense center and Comreg let them get away with it.

Comreg should mandate metrics for adequate CS and if need met then huge fines are issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭jack of all

How much does ComReg cost to run each year, doesn't seem like they are capable of performing their function very well considering the longstanding issues with Eir. I am an Eir customer also and have spent hours on the phone trying to resolve issues in the recent past.

How much does ComReg cost to run each year, doesn't seem like they are capable of performing their function very well considering the longstanding issues with Eir. I am an Eir customer also and have spent hours on the phone trying to resolve issues in the recent past.

Like a lot of agencies in this country - costly worthless toothless.

Doesn't stop them having a CEO on six figures and all the staff to go with it pushing paper around..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

There are many Eir shops in the country,can the staff in them deal with customers accounts, or are they not allowed ?

There are many Eir shops in the country,can the staff in them deal with customers accounts, or are they not allowed ?

Not allowed with most issues.

Not allowed, they just hand you the phone in shop,,,,unless changed since I was with the whures

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭3d4life

I have been told that these shops are not owned or run by Eir.

Anyone know if this is true ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭forumdedum

The most diabolical customer service I ever had to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

They are quite responsive on Twitter ... but they can do nothing whatsoever besides offer platitudes and tell you to ring support :mad:

They revert any queries to DM (requiring all your info) and, even though your problem is not being able to get through to CS on the phone, that option is all they can offer. It's like an online echo service!

I asked the person who tweeted a reply to my inability to get through by phone if there was anything that could be sorted on Twitter and got nothing back in response. Which is exactly what they can do via that medium ... nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

RoYoBo wrote: »
    They are quite responsive on Twitter ... but they can do nothing whatsoever besides offer platitudes and tell you to ring support :mad:

They revert any queries to DM (requiring all your info) and, even though your problem is not being able to get through to CS on the phone, that option is all they can offer. It's like an online echo service!

I asked the person who tweeted a reply to my inability to get through by phone if there was anything that could be sorted on Twitter and got nothing back in response. Which is exactly what they can do via that medium ... nothing!

most likely twitter is outsourced to a social media management company - same for many large companies

silver2020 wrote: »
    most likely twitter is outsourced to a social media management company - same for many large companies

Yep, not really using it well well when they just point you to a legacy communication channel.

BOI do the same, used to be the marketing department who looked after it...no technical knowledge or system access to actually do anything. Eir could be inhouse and doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

3d4life wrote: »

I heard basically Eir staff work on business accounts and technical side of things. Joe soaps (home/mobile) is all out sourced.

I rang up to cancel and told someone will ring me back to go through the process but my 30 days start from then. I fill in the form also as don't trust them.

Conor Pope in the Irish Times has more Eir "customer care" horror stories here.

Unless Comreg need to do their job and DO SOMETHING.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

I didn’t realise Eir actually had a customer care department.

Imagine if the likes of Eir got hold of Irish water.

40 mins on hold so far to cancel my contract, got call from cancellation team Friday, couldn't take it, they rang back right away - guess that is their two attempts, shocking.

Direct debit being switched off come 30 days of my initial call.

Just a thought, I wonder if they resolved simple queries like mine first call would they have these 40 min wait time forever.

Why do their staff do it the money cant be worth back to back calls all day every day with no end ever in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭johnire

I wonder are their call centres outsourced?
    And I wonder where exactly they’re based?

JTMan wrote: »
    Conor Pope in the Irish Times has more Eir "customer care" horror stories here.

Unless Comreg need to do their job and DO SOMETHING.

Fines, and hefty ones are the only tbing that will make eir act.

johnire wrote: »
    I wonder are their call centres outsourced?
    And I wonder where exactly they’re based?

They bought it back to ireland of memory serves so staff (or agents) are working remotely.

Hubertj wrote: »
    I didn’t realise Eir actually had a customer care department.

Wrong description of a useless crowd of misfits

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Macangois16

So frustrating. I wrote a letter 7 weeks ago requesting cancellation. I also filled out the request form. I have made 3 x 1hr+ calls to 1901. Yet im still getting new bills. I work in an extremely busy hospital so when i understandibly missed one call from Eir last week while at work (why can't they ring again) they sent a text basically saying we hope your issue is resolved. It is causing a huge amount of unnecessary stress to an already stressed HSE worker.
    Where do i go from here, Joe Duffy?

So frustrating. I wrote a letter 7 weeks ago requesting cancellation. I also filled out the request form. I have made 3 x 1hr+ calls to 1901. Yet im still getting new bills. I work in an extremely busy hospital so when i understandibly missed one call from Eir last week while at work (why can't they ring again) they sent a text basically saying we hope your issue is resolved. It is causing a huge amount of unnecessary stress to an already stressed HSE worker.
    Where do i go from here, Joe Duffy?

1. Block Eir direct debits at your bank
    2. Contact Comreg
    3. Email CEO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭KildareP

3d4life wrote: »

They own a (small) handful of their shops and the rest are all franchised out to a company called Synchro.

Advertisement