Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due March 2021

• 09-07-2020 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Anyone else yet?? EDD 13th March, feeling a bit tired and crampy but ok otherwise. Have an almost 3 year old so feels a bit different this time around!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Buttercup710

Congrats BOB2017! And thanks, I have been waiting for this thread to pop up...
    I had my first BFP on Tuesday, still in disbelief as this will be first baby and had been trying for a while, think my EDD is 14th March!!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭BOB2017

Congrats Buttercup710! I was waiting for it to pop up too but seeing as there was no sign of one decided to start it myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Fluxfan

Congrats guys. Think I am due on March 10th. First baby. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiafleur

Hi guys! I’m due on March 6 2021 with my first baby. I’m really struggling this week though with constant nausea. I’m trying all the usual: ginger biscuits, dry crackers, small meals, sparkling water etc but nothing is really helping 😓

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

Tiafleur wrote: »
    Hi guys! I’m due on March 6 2021 with my first baby. I’m really struggling this week though with constant nausea. I’m trying all the usual: ginger biscuits, dry crackers, small meals, sparkling water etc but nothing is really helping ��

I am due in December, but I was like this back in April/May. First pregnancy too. I tried everything and I just couldn't get any relief. It was non-stop from the moment I woke up until about 9pm. I just had to suffer through for 5-6 weeks. Lost a lot of weight because of it. It was only after my booking scan when I was telling people that my friend mentioned some bracelet that you can get in the pharmacy. I think it's also used for travel sickness. I can't remember the name of it because I was coming out the other end at that stage, so I didn't need it.

You have my sympathies - it was definitely the worst stage of my pregnancy so far.

I've just looked it up. It's called a sea-band. She swore by it anyway. It's less than a tenner, so probably definitely worth a go if you're only on week one of the nausea.

• Advertisement

Thank you so so much! I’m going to pop to the pharmacy tomorrow and get some and see if they work!

I hope this doesn’t sound terrible but I’m so glad to hear I’m not the only one to have felt like this. I was starting to think there was something wrong with Baby.

Hi guys! I’m due on March 6 2021 with my first baby. I’m really struggling this week though with constant nausea. I’m trying all the usual: ginger biscuits, dry crackers, small meals, sparkling water etc but nothing is really helping 😓

Congratulations Tiafleur, that sounds awful you poor thing. Hopefully the seaband helps, if it’s really bad I’m pretty sure the GP can prescribe something for it too. Worth a conversation at least. I had nausea for a good number of weeks in my last pregnancy but not to that extent

Congrats Tiafleur and welcome to the club! Sorry to hear you are struggling, hope you find some relief soon.
    I have my first GP apt tomorrow so hope goes well, obviously this is all new to me so a bit nervous. Hubby already wants to share the news, it's going to be tough to keep the secret!

Sorry, meant to say congrats to you too Fluxfan! 😊

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I am due in December, but I was like this back in April/May. First pregnancy too. I tried everything and I just couldn't get any relief. It was non-stop from the moment I woke up until about 9pm. I just had to suffer through for 5-6 weeks. Lost a lot of weight because of it. It was only after my booking scan when I was telling people that my friend mentioned some bracelet that you can get in the pharmacy. I think it's also used for travel sickness. I can't remember the name of it because I was coming out the other end at that stage, so I didn't need it.

You have my sympathies - it was definitely the worst stage of my pregnancy so far.

I've just looked it up. It's called a sea-band. She swore by it anyway. It's less than a tenner, so probably definitely worth a go if you're only on week one of the nausea.

Sorry to jump in, I'm not pregnant at the moment (hoping to be though!), but when I was pregnant with my little boy (now 4) I was recommended those Sea Bands and the day after I started wearing them, I stopped getting sick! I didn't get sick again either. I did still have a bit of nausea, but I am sure they worked as I was sick from when I turned 8 weeks and after a week of it I couldn't take much more so I got them. I Definitely recommend them!!

• Advertisement

Congrats Tiafleur and welcome to the club! Sorry to hear you are struggling, hope you find some relief soon.
    I have my first GP apt tomorrow so hope goes well, obviously this is all new to me so a bit nervous. Hubby already wants to share the news, it's going to be tough to keep the secret!

Oh exciting Buttercup710!! Mine isn't until next Wednesday so I'm looking forward to that! Enjoy ;)

BOB2017 wrote: »
    Oh exciting Buttercup710!! Mine isn't until next Wednesday so I'm looking forward to that! Enjoy ;)

My GP just rang to postpone my apt for a few weeks. They don't want to bring patients in unnecessarily and since I've done multiple tests and already registered for the hospital myself they have moved apt to August and she was even suggesting later. Bit disappointed, thought I was doing right thing going to GP straight away and thought it would make things feel more real... :(

My GP just rang to postpone my apt for a few weeks. They don't want to bring patients in unnecessarily and since I've done multiple tests and already registered for the hospital myself they have moved apt to August and she was even suggesting later. Bit disappointed, thought I was doing right thing going to GP straight away and thought it would make things feel more real... :(

That is a bit disappointing alright, maybe you could look into booking an early scan to make it feel more real? I did that last time and will do it again this time, especially seeing as partners not currently allowed to attend antenatal appointments and scans at the hospital.

Is this your first GP appointment? That’s so annoying that it’s been postponed.

I’ve just gotten my date for my ultrasound which will be on August 25 and my ante natal visit is on 31. Does that seem normal to have the scan first? I’m going public in Cavan General Hospital.
    As this is my first time, I’ve no idea what’s normal!

Is this your first GP appointment? That’s so annoying that it’s been postponed.

I’ve just gotten my date for my ultrasound which will be on August 25 and my ante natal visit is on 31. Does that seem normal to have the scan first? I’m going public in Cavan General Hospital.
    As this is my first time, I’ve no idea what’s normal!

I don't think it would be that unusual, I'm going to the Coombe and I know some other people who went there & had their booking appointment and scan on different days. I had mine on the same day last time and they're on the same day this time too, i think that's just luck though!

I don't think it would be that unusual, I'm going to the Coombe and I know some other people who went there & had their booking appointment and scan on different days. I had mine on the same day last time and they're on the same day this time too, i think that's just luck though!

Thanks for that Bob2017! This is all new so I have really no idea how things work!

How are you getting on? Feeling ok?

Thanks for that Bob2017! This is all new so I have really no idea how things work!

How are you getting on? Feeling ok?

Feeling grand thanks, and you? Sense of smell is VERY strong at the minute and some foods are turning my stomach but only for a second or two, no nausea as of yet. And I'm super tired and wishing I was working from home for some sneaky naps!!!

Booking an early scan today I hope for the first week of August, have my booking appointment and scan the last week but my partner won't be able to come to those so making sure he can come to the early scan!

Feeling grand thanks, and you? Sense of smell is VERY strong at the minute and some foods are turning my stomach but only for a second or two, no nausea as of yet. And I'm super tired and wishing I was working from home for some sneaky naps!!!

Booking an early scan today I hope for the first week of August, have my booking appointment and scan the last week but my partner won't be able to come to those so making sure he can come to the early scan!

Where are you having the early scan? We’re considering one as well because we both want to be there!

I’m very lucky because I’m working from home. We moved out of Dublin during the pandemic and I can’t imagine having to commute now with this morning sickness!

Are you able to take any cheeky breaks at work without anyone noticing?

Where are you having the early scan? We’re considering one as well because we both want to be there!

I’m very lucky because I’m working from home. We moved out of Dublin during the pandemic and I can’t imagine having to commute now with this morning sickness!

Are you able to take any cheeky breaks at work without anyone noticing?

I just booked Bray, its not the closest to us but has the best time available that suits us both for work - have to go while our little one is at crèche! The place i went to last time was Merrion Fetal Health but they aren't allowing partners so there's no point. Few other places the same. Maybe by the time our 20 week scans come around the hospitals will be letting partners in but I wouldn't be too confident of that at the minute!

I'm in my own office so I can get away with it a bit alright, I managed last time anyway!

it all feels a bit like its in your head until you start with appointments and things doesn't it!

I just booked Bray, its not the closest to us but has the best time available that suits us both for work - have to go while our little one is at crèche! The place i went to last time was Merrion Fetal Health but they aren't allowing partners so there's no point. Few other places the same. Maybe by the time our 20 week scans come around the hospitals will be letting partners in but I wouldn't be too confident of that at the minute!

I'm in my own office so I can get away with it a bit alright, I managed last time anyway!

it all feels a bit like its in your head until you start with appointments and things doesn't it!

It does feel weird! I’m just counting down until the scan so we know it’s all ok and can start telling people!

It looks like I’ll have to tell my boss this week though because they want us all back at work on August 10. I don’t drive so will need to take the bus 2 hours each way. I teach English to adults from all
    over the world so I’m very apprehensive about bring back in a classroom too. I’m hoping they’ll allow me to continue working from home for health and safety reasons.

• Advertisement

It does feel weird! I’m just counting down until the scan so we know it’s all ok and can start telling people!

It looks like I’ll have to tell my boss this week though because they want us all back at work on August 10. I don’t drive so will need to take the bus 2 hours each way. I teach English to adults from all
    over the world so I’m very apprehensive about bring back in a classroom too. I’m hoping they’ll allow me to continue working from home for health and safety reasons.

Hopefully your employer is understanding and accepts that it would be safer for you to continue to work from home. My employer has forced every staff member back to work since 8th June. They wanted me to come back then too even though my partner was already back to work (he can't work from home in his job) and the creches weren't open. So i'm back since 29th June but since I found out I'm pregnant have been less and less comfortable in the office. My working environment itself is ok, but the protocol in place for shared areas isn't great and I would be much happier if I could work from home at least 2/3 days a week. I have my GP appointment in the morning so will discuss it with her and see what she thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ucsie

Hi, I'm finally brave enough to join the thread after a week reading you :)

I'm only 5w1d, I had a GP appointment today which somehow made it feel a bit more real. I'm getting bloods on later this week and an early scan next week with the private consultant I've been seeing because of PCOS.

The main symptom so far is (very!) sore boobs. I had a weird belly feeling last week as well, as if my period was about to come the next day, but that seems to be gone now.

I wish I was one of those women who don't find they are pregnant until much later, it feels like it's going to be a very long wait to confirm that everything is going well, which makes me a bit anxious...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I have a GP referral and want to go to NMH, just wondering if anyone in the know knows how I go about this? I have a chronic pain condition. Do I just ring holles street and then post over the referral?

We don’t want to tell anyone yet and my friends are getting suspicious with the “hypothetical or someone I know was wondering” questions :cool: so I’m tentatively asking here!

Due March 24th, 5w2d today. We are going to get an early scan so he can come with me. Once we have the early scan done (Were going to go for end 1st week/start 2nd week august) that’s when parents and friends will be told.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭blue note

I have a GP referral and want to go to NMH, just wondering if anyone in the know knows how I go about this? I have a chronic pain condition. Do I just ring holles street and then post over the referral?

We don’t want to tell anyone yet and my friends are getting suspicious with the “hypothetical or someone I know was wondering” questions :cool: so I’m tentatively asking here!

Due March 24th, 5w2d today. We are going to get an early scan so he can come with me. Once we have the early scan done (Were going to go for end 1st week/start 2nd week august) that’s when parents and friends will be told.

I thought the father is only allowed into the 20 week scan? Is that just the case in the rotunda?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ucsie

I have a GP referral and want to go to NMH, just wondering if anyone in the know knows how I go about this? I have a chronic pain condition. Do I just ring holles street and then post over the referral? .
    I got a referral letter from my G P yesterday. I did the online booking for NMH and I just added a comment (there's a comments text box) saying I have a GP referral. I got an email a few minutes within submitting it asking me to post or email the letter. I just emailed it and I was told a senior midwife will review it and then post the appointments information.

Congrats everyone!!!

Jen_Pigs_Fly i think ucsie has it covered, I haven't attended Holles Street but on my first pregnancy my GP posted referral to the Coombe & they sent me out the forms, this time I just referred myself with the form on their website. If NMH has an online system I'd go with that, no harm in calling them either.

blue_note I think Rotunda and NMH are currently allowing partners for 20 week scan only. As of now still not permitted in the Coombe. Some of the private scan places are allowing partners to attend for scans there, I have one booked for two weeks time as my partner won't be allowed to attend my dating scan in the Coombe.

ucsie wrote: »
    I got a referral letter from my G P yesterday. I did the online booking for NMH and I just added a comment (there's a comments text box) saying I have a GP referral. I got an email a few minutes within submitting it asking me to post or email the letter. I just emailed it and I was told a senior midwife will review it and then post the appointments information.

Brilliant thanks for that! I’ll get on that Right away!

blue note wrote: »
    I thought the father is only allowed into the 20 week scan? Is that just the case in the rotunda?

We’re getting a private scan away from the maternity hospitals for that. I actually wasn’t aware that partners are allowed for the 20 week so that’s good to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ewgwee4

Congrats everyone! Have been lurking around for a few days so taking the plunge! This is our first baby so it all feels very surreal.

• Advertisement

ewgwee4 wrote: »
    Congrats everyone! Have been lurking around for a few days so taking the plunge! This is our first baby so it all feels very surreal.

Congratulations! This is our first too so it’s all new, exciting and scary at the sane time. When are you due?

Advertisement