Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mamaz

In Kerry and got it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

mamaz wrote: »
    In Kerry and got it

Can I ask, do you get an email along with the message?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jackreacher

Got the message based in Kerry, don't see the additional familiarisation info though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Received a text saying I had a new message on public jobs. Completed the questionnaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Newlymarried

Received a text saying I had a new message on public jobs. Completed the questionnaire.

How did you find the ten multiple choice questions

They were ok but some were hard to know what they were looking for

• Advertisement

How did you find the ten multiple choice questions

They were ok but sum were hard to know what they were looking for

I found them okay. Didn't read too much into them. Just answered honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭foreverme

is it similar to the tco assessment questionnaire? Thanks.

pconn062 wrote: »
    Can I ask, do you get an email along with the message?

Yep I did anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Got the message based in Kerry, don't see the additional familiarisation info though

I didn't see it either. Is this a timed test or just routine questions with multiple choice to see if you are suitable?

foreverme wrote: »
    is it similar to the tco assessment questionnaire? Thanks.

Yes it is.

• Advertisement

jaffa20 wrote: »
    I didn't see it either. Is this a timed test or just routine questions with multiple choice to see if you are suitable?

Not timed. Just multiple choice questions. Pretty standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭oopsies

What's the starting salary on this again? Minds gone blank :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BlueCorra

oopsies wrote: »
    What's the starting salary on this again? Minds gone blank :D

24,104 (461.96) – 25,681 (492.18) – 26,083 (499.85) – 26,864 (514.83) – 28,017 (536.93) – 29,167 (558.99) – 30,319 (581.05) – 31,157 (597.11) – 32,105 (615.29) – 33,209 (636.43) – 33,986 (651.32) – 35,078 (672.24) – 36,162 (693.04) – 37,855 (725.48) – LSI 1 39,186 (750.99) – LSI 2 39,796 (762.68)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Got the text last night, so doing the questionnaire now.

Yes, the starting pay isn't great and would be quite the pay cut for many people, however the long term benefits and pay scale is quite good. If you're looking to become rich, it's not going to happen, however if you're looking for a long term job with good benefits and far easier to be accepted for a mortgage, you're sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Ace of Hearts

Newbie to the CO process so just wondering how soon they'll start to hire once the assessment stage is complete?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

I found the questionnaire a bit tricky but then again I think thats the way they designed it to test people

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Hurdig

Newbie to the CO process so just wondering how soon they'll start to hire once the assessment stage is complete?

There is an interview stage next depending on where you get placed on assessment. When you pass interview you are offered a position. This depends on when a Department is looking for staff, could be quick placement or a few months. Believe there are a few hundred retiring from many different departments. Under present conditions it could be a while before interviews take place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭podge3

Is there any practice material available? It says there is a link for same but I can't see it😕

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dublingirlx

podge3 wrote: »
    Is there any practice material available? It says there is a link for same but I can't see it😕

Just before you start the live questionnaire there is a familiarization questionnaire with practice questions for you to do. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭podge3

Just before you start the live questionnaire there is a familiarization questionnaire with practice questions for you to do. Best of luck.
    Cheers, thanks 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Do you have to give them your CV at all?

Next stage is interview, is CV asked for in questionnaire?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Just did the questionaire there, a few head scratchers in there, especially in the scenarios. Very easy to doubt yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

What would be the story if you took a c.o job , but got a better govt job a month or two later ? I've applied for a few govt jobs, but several months go by without hearing anything, you just dont know where your break will come, out of the blue, or mightnt come at all. Just dont want to ever mess anyone around.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SolidAir010

How will interviews be dealt with now ? With the Covid19 restrictions the PAS website said all face to face interviews are postponed until further notice . Maybe Skype interview?

How will interviews be dealt with now ? With the Covid19 restrictions the PAS website said all face to face interviews are postponed until further notice . Maybe Skype interview?

Skype could be a viable option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Veee doneagal lass

Just done the questionnaire pretty straightforward but some questions were out there 🙄

I find myself answering what is the worst case and the best case and then just fill the other two in from there. You don't know if you want to be an office snitch or if you're helping!

mamaz wrote: »
    I find myself answering what is the worst case and the best case and then just fill the other two in from there. You don't know if you want to be an office snitch or if you're helping!

I can remember similar questions in the tco competition. Still dont know what the right answer is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

What would be the story if you took a c.o job , but got a better govt job a month or two later ? I've applied for a few govt jobs, but several months go by without hearing anything, you just dont know where your break will come, out of the blue, or mightnt come at all. Just dont want to ever mess anyone around.

I'd keep applying for anything that gains your interest whether it's government or county council. If you accept the county council job, all good. Then if something better comes along take that. It's your life at the end of the day. Leaving a job is never anything to be taken personally anyway. You won't be messing anyone around, by doing what's best for you.

• Advertisement

job seeker wrote: »
    I'd keep applying for anything that gains your interest whether it's government or county council. If you accept the county council job, all good. Then if something better comes along take that. It's your life at the end of the day. Leaving a job is never anything to be taken personally anyway. You won't be messing anyone around, by doing what's best for you.

Ya, your right. I've been self employed and in the private sector for last 20 years, so have always been straight wherever I worked. I suppose it's the applying for public jobs and waiting 6 or 12 months to hear back is the frustrating part. But all these things tend to work themselves out for the best in the end.

Advertisement