Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

• 15-01-2017 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Stuff like this seems to get lost in the main thread, so shove it here. Release schedule for the Nintendo Switch from launch and best places to buy it. Worth noting since the Switch is region free, you can indulge in imports from US/Japan to your hearts desire. You wanna import, two reccomended sites are

https://www.amazon.com
    https://www.videogamesplus.ca

Anyway, up to date as possible, though there's still 6 weeks to go till launch.

Release (3rd March)

Legend Of Zelda Breath Of The Wild
    1-2 Switch.
    Super Bomberman R
    Skylanders Imaginators
    Just Dance 2017

Launch Window/Spring

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (28th April)
    Arms
    Snipperclippers
    Has-Real Heroes
    Fast RMX
    Disagea 5
    Rime
    PuyoPuyo Tetris
    Binding Of Issac

Summer

Splatoon 2

Autumn

The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Holiday/Vague 2017 dates

Arcade Archives
    FIFA Switch
    Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
    Dragonball Z Xenoverse 2
    Farming Simulator
    Fire Emblem Warriors
    Minecraft Story Mode The complete adventure
    Minecraft
    Rayman Legends Definitive edition
    Shin Megami Tensei
    Siberia 3
    Steep
    Project Sonic
    Sonic Mania
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Lego City Undercover
    I am Setsuna
    Xenoblade 2
    Fire Emblem Warriors
    State Of Mind
    Monster Boy

Obviously this doesn't include stuff not announced or confirmed, Pokemon Stars, Smash Bros port, Rabbids/Mario RPG, etc. Or virtual console stuff, since they haven't announced or confirmed anything about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I wonder how many will be exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I wonder how many will be exclusive.

Mario, 1-2 Switch, Bomberman, Splatoon 2, Arms, Snipperclippers, Has Real Heroes, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem Warriors so far. Though I doubt the last two will make it for 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Putting all the games together like that and 2017 Switch line up actually looks promising, despite what the naysayers think

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Early adopters, and I have been that soldier again and again, really form a tiny minority of the eventual install base of a console.
    In fact, it'd be fairer to say, that the bulk of people Nintendo hope to attract to the Switch will be buying into the format in 2018 and beyond.
    So, the paucity of launch day titles is a pity, but the bulk of console owners won't be affected in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

Mario, 1-2 Switch, Bomberman, Splatoon 2, Arms, Snipperclippers, Has Real Heroes, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem Warriors so far. Though I doubt the last two will make it for 2017.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/492290/
    Platform(s):
    Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Windows, Xbox One

Has been heroes isn't exclusive.

• Advertisement

Developers Daedalic have said their new game State Of Mind will be out on the Switch later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭nemes1s

Guys does anyone know what the chances are of getting a copy of breath of the wild master edition in Ireland?

nemes1s wrote: »
    Guys does anyone know what the chances are of getting a copy of breath of the wild master edition in Ireland?

Master edition isn't being released here, and I think scalpers have snatched a lot of the international pre orders. The special edition is available in GameStop?

Master edition isn't being released here, and I think scalpers have snatched a lot of the international pre orders. The special edition is available in GameStop?

Thanks for the quick reply is it been released in the uk or is it just a North American release?dont think I'd have enough interest in the standard collectors edition especially at €100 just really wanted the master sword statue pity really.

nemes1s wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply is it been released in the uk or is it just a North American release?dont think I'd have enough interest in the standard collectors edition especially at €100 just really wanted the master sword statue pity really.

North America and Japan I think. The special edition in GameStop has the statue, but not the case.

• Advertisement

North America and Japan I think. The special edition in GameStop has the statue, but not the case.

Can't seem to find it on the Gamestop site but I rang Gamestop yesterday and they said that the special edition was up on the system but it had no price yet.I thought that the special edition over here came with everything apart from the statue are you 100% sure it comes with the statue

/\/ollog wrote: »
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/492290/
    Platform(s):
    Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Windows, Xbox One

Has been heroes isn't exclusive.

I didn't see that, my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Would love to see Stardew Valley get a release this year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Would love to see Stardew Valley get a release this year.

Yeah looks like a perfect fit for the Switch. Axiom Verge, Inside and some other indies would be great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭druss

Where does Binding of Isaac fit in the release calendar? Is that a day 1 as well?

druss wrote: »
    Where does Binding of Isaac fit in the release calendar? Is that a day 1 as well?

'Spring' release. Which presumably means by the end of May ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

NBA2K18 is out in the UK in September, hooray.

• Advertisement

NBA2K18 is out in the UK in September, hooray.

Is that like nba jam?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Jam is cartoony hi-velocity arcade basketball. Comparing it to NBA 2018 would be like comparing Sensible Soccer to Fifa 18.

ie. I'm not saying either game is better or "proper", its just a different experience.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sensible Soccer is better than all da Fifaz.

Mario Strikers is the only football game needed.

Mario Strikers is the only football game needed.

Nintendo World Cup would beg to differ.

And maybe Megaman soccer.

High atop mt. Olympus, Emlyn Hughes lounges on his throne, amused by the mortals and their ignorance.

Fire Emblem Warriors will be out in Autumn 2017! Traditional fire emblem game out for the switch in 2018.

Binding of Issac is a launch game!
    By now you’ve hopefully heard that The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ is coming to Nintendo Switch in retail form. What does it mean?
    It means that there is more than just The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on launch. Afterbirth+ will be available at retail as well as on the Nintendo eShop for $39.99 and will include Rebirth, Afterbirth and Afterbirth+ packed together as one game.
    You might want to consider pre-ordering as the first few thousand copies may come backed in with something special

http://bindingofisaac.com/

The boxed version as well, in the states anyway. No idea if we're getting a boxed one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,984 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Konami the dirty ****ers have the gall to charge $50 for Super Bomberman R.
    C2iVIYxXEAADVWy.jpg:small

https://www.konami.com/games/bomberman/r/us/en/

• Advertisement

That's gonna hurt them. Sell it for 15-20 quid and I'm buying it on release. For that price I want it bundled with Joy Cons. I'd buy it twice!

On the bright side, when it inevitably drops in price just before christmas it's going to make a great accompanyment to sitting around eating leftovers. "Who's turn is it to grab some mince pies?" Kaboooooom! "Fine... but don't start the next round without me..."

Advertisement