Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tuath

• 17-09-2016 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Looking for a bit of advice! I received a call from my county council last week they wanted to call out to confirm some details I am on the list approx 6 years! Currently privately renting anyway they came out confirmed all details and said houses were becoming available in my area. I've now received a call from tuath saying we had been recommended by the council and would like us to come in for an interview can anyone give me any feedback as to what I can expect?!

Is it just an interview to get me on a list with tuath or is it a sign I have an offer of a house coming?!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Expect an offer from them in the near future after the interview ,

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marguerite2000

ln my experience with different housing association,,once offered interview ,,was offered a place ,,
    an appartment in my case,,all proceeded quickly after this ,,.didnt even do interview ,,told to attend viewing ,
    ,beforehand had to provide finiancial details etc,,,but be advised ,,housing associations operate differently to council..

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Irishmammy2011

Gatling wrote: »
    Expect an offer from them in the near future after the interview ,
    Thank u

ln my experience with different housing association,,once offered interview ,,was offered a place ,,
    an appartment in my case,,all proceeded quickly after this ,,.didnt even do interview ,,told to attend viewing ,
    ,beforehand had to provide finiancial details etc,,,but be advised ,,housing associations operate differently to council..

All sounds very positive thank u am up to 90!!!!

Thank u

If it all works out good luck in your future home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Keeragh16

Hi the same thing has happened to me this week!! My interview is this Wednesday.. I received a letter from tuath today to say it was for a 2 bed apartment, I have two kids aged 11 and 2.. I don't think an apartment with no garden etc is suitable for me though I wonder are we in the same area?? I hope it goes well for you anyway x

Keeragh16 wrote: »
    Hi the same thing has happened to me this week!! My interview is this Wednesday.. I received a letter from tuath today to say it was for a 2 bed apartment, I have two kids aged 11 and 2.. I don't think an apartment with no garden etc is suitable for me though I wonder are we in the same area?? I hope it goes well for you anyway x

It's a home first and foremost and it's what exactly your entitled to a 2 bed property

Good luck in your new place though

We must be same area I would think! I would take anything they offer me I'm in a situation I need to get out of to be honest! I do understand about the apartment Aswell though! Do you think the apt is yours and the interview is a formaility?!

We must be same area I would think! I would take anything they offer me I'm in a situation I need to get out of to be honest! I do understand about the apartment Aswell though! Do you think the apt is yours and the interview is a formaility?!

Did you get a letter from tuath? It will tell u exactly where and what type of property it is? From what people have been telling me, I think that once u get an interview you more than likely will get an offer!! I was onto a TD and he said it is not unheard of for people to get refused after an interview but it would be unlikely,in my case anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sue191

Hi Did you go for interview with tuath yet? did you get any offer the house? well I got a letter from tuath for interview too and done tuath told me will take 2 weeks they will let me know , I am wonder do I get the house? I am on the list since 2007 myself. hope it all go well with you good luck.

• Advertisement

Looking for a bit of advice! I received a call from my county council last week they wanted to call out to confirm some details I am on the list approx 6 years! Currently privately renting anyway they came out confirmed all details and said houses were becoming available in my area. I've now received a call from tuath saying we had been recommended by the council and would like us to come in for an interview can anyone give me any feedback as to what I can expect?!

Is it just an interview to get me on a list with tuath or is it a sign I have an offer of a house coming?!

Thanks
    Hi Did you go for interview with tuath yet? did you get any offer the house? well I got a letter from tuath for interview too and done tuath told me will take 2 weeks they will let me know , I am wonder do I get the house? I am on the list since 2007 myself. hope it all go well with you good luck.

sue191 wrote: »

Hi there I went for the interview and am just waiting on a letter to be sent out now. When did u have interview?!

My interview was on Thursday 22nd for 2 bedroom apartment ,I wonder will I get the house this time after waiting since 2007 :(

Hi there I went for the interview and am just waiting on a letter to be sent out now. When did u have interview?!
    My interview was on Thursday 22nd for 2 bedroom apartment ,I wonder will I get the house this time after waiting since 2007

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dubin8

Hi everyone , my wife and I also had interview with tuath for 2bed apt 3weeks a go.

They informed us that they will contact us and let us know in 2weeks time.

Now is nearly month and we still waiting for the answer, waiting time is killing us.

I rang their office yesterday, I spoke with a lady who informed me that they will be in touch with us.

We are a couple with 2children 7 & 8 , we are on DCC waiting list since 2008, I work full time 27K/Y and my wife is unemployed.

Any advise or usful information from some one who is already went through this experience it will be much apreciate as we are desperate to get this apt.

The place we are in now is to small 1bed apt and its also expensive 1000 € / month

Thank you

I had an interview on a Wednesday and got a letter the following Monday with an offer,that was in the cork office! I read about someone else on here in the same position as you though, they weren't getting any answer..I hope you hear from them soon, the waiting is a killer

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dubin8

Thank you for your quick reply, I really apreciate ☺

Any tuath news from Dublin ?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 9 GraciieLou

I had an interview on a Wednesday and got a letter the following Monday with an offer,that was in the cork office! I read about someone else on here in the same position as you though, they weren't getting any answer..I hope you hear from them soon, the waiting is a killer

Hi just wondering when u got letter for interview did it mention if u were up against other families ?

Got letter for interview in Cork and says I'm against other families for the allocation .. wondering how you got on.

GraciieLou wrote: »
    Hi just wondering when u got letter for interview did it mention if u were up against other families ?

Got letter for interview in Cork and says I'm against other families for the allocation .. wondering how you got on.

Hi there

Yeah it said there was other families going for it too for us but thankfully we got it. They are extremely nice in the cork office so I wouldn’t worry at all just make sure to be upfront with them best of luck

Hi, thanks for replying to me .. All this is new to me and I don't know much about it.

That was good you were successfull from all families who interviewed.

Can I ask were you long waiting to hear back after the interview? and just what was asked in the interview ?

Thank you!!

• Advertisement

Hi, thanks for replying to me .. All this is new to me and I don't know much about it.

That was good you were successfull from all families who interviewed.

Can I ask were you long waiting to hear back after the interview? and just what was asked in the interview ?

Thank you!!

I think it was about a week we were waiting for an answer! I would think u have a good chance if u have been called but it’s so hard to get your hopes up in case you’re disappointed I remember it being the longest week of my life.

They just asked general questions about us and about our income nothing major and as I said they r lovely they only want to help! Did they tell you where the houses are?

A week, doesnt seem too bad when you think about it, but like you said its defo prob going to be the longest week.

There isnt much online about Tuath this is the only thread I found with someone from Cork. All the Dublin people seem to be saying they were waiting 5/6 weeks to hear back.

Hopefully we will be successful, just anxious that we are up against other families.

Ya, its for a 2 bed apartment in Douglas said Allocation Interview and the address in the subject of the letter.

Did they calculate your rent on a certai percentage of the total income or do they have another way of calculating rent. I work 35 hours a week.

Can I also ask if you were able to appy for that Grant when you get social accomodation to furnish the property and stuff? If I'm asking too much feel free to tell me where to go. hahaha! Such an anxious time.

A week, doesnt seem too bad when you think about it, but like you said its defo prob going to be the longest week.

There isnt much online about Tuath this is the only thread I found with someone from Cork. All the Dublin people seem to be saying they were waiting 5/6 weeks to hear back.

Hopefully we will be successful, just anxious that we are up against other families.

Ya, its for a 2 bed apartment in Douglas said Allocation Interview and the address in the subject of the letter.

Did they calculate your rent on a certai percentage of the total income or do they have another way of calculating rent. I work 35 hours a week.

Can I also ask if you were able to appy for that Grant when you get social accomodation to furnish the property and stuff? If I'm asking too much feel free to tell me where to go. hahaha! Such an anxious time.

I bet u will get it I wouldn’t be too anxious(easy for me to say now) I was sick at the time!! I think once u get an interview u have it but again u can’t be certain cork only seem to call when they have the property ready to go from ppl I’ve spoken to since we’ve gotten it there is no real waiting time with cork!

Rent is a percentage I think it’s around 20%. Mine came with some furniture so I didn’t apply for any grant like I had the kitchen fitted and it had an oven and washing machine I had the rest of the furniture I needed from renting but I’m sure u could apply I don’t see why not! Hopefully u will get it! When’s the interview?

I know, I half want to think that myself, that once I have the interview im almost there but I just dont want to jinx it all the same. Haha! Its such a catch 22 like.

Ya, I read the 20% of the income being the rent in a handbook for tuath I seen online.

I have never rented before so im a little being on having the essentials like, no landlord will look at me or my partner as we never rented and cant get landlord references like.

I was approched by Tuath before, for a HAP Property, but the rent was €1,300.00 a month which is soooo unrealistic for me on my own only being gratned €550.00 on the HAP scheme leaving €750.00 a month for me to pay. I was never asked to an interview or anything for that, just to meet the Auctioneer guy that was looking after the property at the property, but I cancelled the viewing as I was told it was HAP and I new Id never afford it. But this times its different I have been asked to go to the Tuath office in Cork and bring payslips and ID ..

Is yours a house or an apartment, im being offered an apartment and I reaf you have to pay service charges ..

I know, I half want to think that myself, that once I have the interview im almost there but I just dont want to jinx it all the same. Haha! Its such a catch 22 like.

Ya, I read the 20% of the income being the rent in a handbook for tuath I seen online.

I have never rented before so im a little being on having the essentials like, no landlord will look at me or my partner as we never rented and cant get landlord references like.

I was approched by Tuath before, for a HAP Property, but the rent was €1,300.00 a month which is soooo unrealistic for me on my own only being gratned €550.00 on the HAP scheme leaving €750.00 a month for me to pay. I was never asked to an interview or anything for that, just to meet the Auctioneer guy that was looking after the property at the property, but I cancelled the viewing as I was told it was HAP and I new Id never afford it. But this times its different I have been asked to go to the Tuath office in Cork and bring payslips and ID ..

Is yours a house or an apartment, im being offered an apartment and I reaf you have to pay service charges ..

Is it just for yourself? If u need pay slips and that I’d say it’s not hap but I never had to do anything about hap! I’m in an apt service charges like bins is it?!

Ya, its just me .. Hopefully that won't have any influance on it ..

Ya they asked for proof of address, ID and payslips or P60.

Ya, are they expensive?, the service charges for the apartments ?

Hey. After your interview how long was it before they informed you the apartment was yours, was it by letter or phone ? and we're u waiting long after that for keys ?

Had my interview today. Anxiety levels now waiting ..

• Registered Users Posts: 13 prinkthings1

Hey, I received an offer from the council through the cbl 3 weeks ago. Today I learned it will be given to tuath to manage the property. Now it makes no sense how the council can offer me the property but now I'm been told I'm only a nomination for this property. Can anyone shed some light on this? Cbl rules state you have to except the property that you expressed interest in and the offer letter was from the council and not from tuath.

Hey, I received an offer from the council through the cbl 3 weeks ago. Today I learned it will be given to tuath to manage the property. Now it makes no sense how the council can offer me the property but now I'm been told I'm only a nomination for this property. Can anyone shed some light on this? Cbl rules state you have to except the property that you expressed interest in and the offer letter was from the council and not from tuath.

Simply put the CBL advertise private letting (not so common) standard council housing and properties from other agencies like tuath ,circle and several others ,
    You would have been notified whenever you selected the property what and who's property it was ,
    You wouldn't have been given any offers otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Local council sent out a offer for which I have accepted the house is a tuath house. I have posted back all details to coco who are going to forward on to tuath.

The house is newly built. Any idea when I should be getting keys?

Advertisement