Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Providence Resources

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 oneday2day

Hope this time that providence does the business, there’s another thread on here from 4 years ago that was calling providence firbwhat it is- not much has changed.

Hasn’t been much positive news in the last 4 years, but it is speculative- @ballyharpat you are on a different investment level than satnav and lash alert- they obviously are only investing small amounts, we all start somewhere, like you said you did, but yes, if you are serious about investing, then blue chips are the way to go.
    Judging by lash alerts comments, he has no financial knowledge and doesn’t want any- if he suggests a landlord should hire someone to pick up the rent :-0 or that a blue chip is any way comparable to a stock like shire that they are invested in.
    Regarding the ‘warren’ quip, you seem to be a value investor like him, judging by your other posts- and it has obviously worked for you if you are still doing it 15 years later, and living a good quality of life from those returns-

There are many keyboard warriors, I wouldn’t be getting into battles, if he has no knowledge, it’s just jealousy- imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

P R up 40% since I got in ha ha

Well done Captain, you may make your 100%, it's a good feeling when your ship comes in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Back in the green on this one today, its pure gambling but I think this has potential in the medium term. Will hold and see

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭yobr

P R up 40% since I got in ha ha

I dump them just before the drill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Sell at 30 pence

• Advertisement

FFS-
    The private bank is not considered an independent commentator on Providence because it is currently engaged by the oil explorer to provide corporate finance services.

See pvr is regaining some ground. Drop looks like it was caused by a delay in funding from the chinese company providing finance also alot of negatives around the climate bill and possible ban on expolration. Have not been really following it lately. Interesting to see if they get the survey permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭littlevillage

See pvr is regaining some ground. Drop looks like it was caused by a delay in funding from the chinese company providing finance also alot of negatives around the climate bill and possible ban on expolration. Have not been really following it lately. Interesting to see if they get the survey permission.

Spot on summary. Got in myself there recently at 8 cents.... got out swiftly again though at 9 cents. Wish I had hung tough, I would be looking at 12 cents now and a healthy 50% profit on my investment in the space of about 3 weeks. :rolleyes:

Providence is not for widows and orphans...and is the kind of company that could be 18-20 cents in another 3 weeks or could be 5 cents. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Providence is not for widows and orphans...and is the kind of company that could be 18-20 cents in another 3 weeks or could be 5 cents. :eek:

It's a penny stock.... it is is for no serious investor.... but as an alternative to the dogs or the horses go for it.

Jim2007 wrote: »
    It's a penny stock.... it is is for no serious investor.... but as an alternative to the dogs or the horses go for it.

I said this last year, they tore me a new one-it's definitely not an investment, like you say, as good as the ponies. If you put in even €500, youd raise the share price substantially, it's good if you want to gain or lose the price of a pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Providence are expected to clarify the status of the 9 million Apec loan in the next couple of days, possibly as early as tomorrow morning. Last Monday Providence advised that the dosh would be received by Wednesday, it didn't arrive and they then set a Friday evening deadline for it to roll in, the company remained tight lipped as to whether or not it had been received.

Should be interesting to see how this one plays out now because they have made a right mess of things so far ha. Along with the survey I hope to see funds transferred tomorrow.

Should be interesting to see how this one plays out now because they have made a right mess of things so far ha. Along with the survey I hope to see funds transferred tomorrow.

I assumed the 40% jump in SP today meant that the funds had indeed been transferred. If not then woe-be-tide :mad:

They Irish Government has granted permission to carry out the site surveys. Bet the APEC funds will now magically appear also (Chinese were probably waiting for this signal before transferring the money)

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/energy-and-resources/providence-secures-permission-for-barryroe-site-survey-1.3981075?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fbusiness%2Fenergy-and-resources%2Fprovidence-secures-permission-for-barryroe-site-survey-1.3981075

Big spread in the SBP today, only $1.5m left in the kitty at the beginning of August (little more than a couple of year's salary for Tony), all technical staff let go, moving from their HQ to a serviced office. The $10m Apec money still expected, as it has been for some time.

Still waiting .... Deadline extended again.... This time til 19th August.

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/providence-further-extends-funding-deadline-38399042.html

I thought once the Irish Government gave the go ahead to do the surveys .....that that would have been enough to convince APEC to release the moolah $$$$

Now I wonder are APEC playing a more strategic game ? They see that Providence are struggling and maybe want to let them go the wall altogether and then snap up the licenses themselves at a knock down price.

At some point Providence have to show some liathroidi here and hopefuly source alternative finance elsewhere.....then give APEC an ultimatum.

To be honest even if the money is eventually transferred by 19th August from APEC the whole thing has been a PR disaster for Providence and the working relationship with APEC is damaged now anyway.

Closed up 20% in London, maybe they are getting the few shillings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭hgfj

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Closed up 20% in London, maybe they are getting the few shillings

I don't think that means a lot tbh. Providence is such a small-cap stock that if someone bought just a few hundred shares it would impact the price.

hgfj wrote: »
    I don't think that means a lot tbh. Providence is such a small-cap stock that if someone bought just a few hundred shares it would impact the price.

I know yea, but why would anybody be paying such an extraordinary amount, that's an extra 1.5p per share

I know yea, but why would anybody be paying such an extraordinary amount, that's an extra 1.5p per share

Ten thousand shares would come to only 150 quid extra though.

Another fluff piece in the Indo today, must be some family friends still in Talbot St

Money ($10m) still expected on Monday, if it doesn't arrive they have enough money to keep them going for a few weeks/months. If it does arrive they have enough money to stay afloat for a couple of years (there may be another $9.5m due from Apec at some stage?) but where is the money going to come from to fund their 50% share of the estimated $200m cost of the drilling programme.

00063045-800.jpg

Share placing at 5c a share has raised enough to keep them afloat till Feb 2020... they need to find another joint venture partner fairly quickly to get Barryroe off the ground.

SP today is 4.5c , things looking very bad.

Got in and out myself a couple of times in the last year, not holding any at the moment and won't touch it again if and until they have a new partner. Think there is a very real chance that this company could actually be wound up.

Share placing at 5c a share has raised enough to keep them afloat till Feb 2020...

Maybe if O'Reilly wasn't getting paid almost 500,000 a year they might be kept afloat a bit longer.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/1206/1097376-providence-resources-ceo/

About time too.

Alternative headline - Rat Jumps Sinking Ship

He has made a comfortable living off the back of very long suffering (financially) shareholders, don't expect to see him queuing at the foodbanks anytime soon

"I am extremely proud of all that we have achieved over the years" - hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Mach 3

:rolleyes:
    He has made a comfortable living off the back of very long suffering (financially) shareholders, don't expect to see him queuing at the foodbanks anytime soon

"I am extremely proud of all that we have achieved over the years" - hmmm

He is probably making himself available for the FAI and John Delaney for Providence ... would anyone notice the difference:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,025 ✭✭✭✭neris

Tullow taking a hammering today

Advertisement