Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The "Business Partner" Sticky

• 25-02-2010 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

What is this sticky for?

This sticky is for those of you that are looking to engage with a business partner either for a new or existing business.

Who can add to this sticky?

Any existing business owner, future business owner, or a professional looking to impart their expertise/finance by means of business partnership.

What are the rules of engagement??

Firstly, this thread is not a communications channel. It is to act as a means of advertising pre-existing threads on Adverts.ie. So lets say for example that I owned a business and I was looking to advertise such on this forum. Here's what I would do:
    1. Create Adverts.ie "Jobs Available" or "Jobs Wanted" thread. (example)
    2. Post brief Adverts.ie details and link to Adverts.ie thread on this sticky
    3. Acknowledge that futher communication must take place between interested parties on the related Adverts.ie thread, and not on this sticky.
    4. Adhere to abiding rules by means of this forums' Charter or forum specific rules on Adverts.ie

What happens if go against this rules or find myself in breach of charter rules?

Your post on this thread will be deleted, followed by a ban from this forum for of a period determined by the severity of the infraction and wholly at the discretion of the forum moderators.

With that out of the way - get posting!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

Business partner (Munster) who has experience of selling technology to small businesses needed. No financial investment but you'll need to invest some time at first.
    See http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=192719

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

I have a fully planned and lucrative business ready to start in Dundalk. The business needs €5000 investment for start up costs which I am unable to provide. Partner can be silent or active. High returns.

See Link: http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=239188

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭spadesaspade

Are you up and running at the minute???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Are you up and running at the minute???

Assuming you are speaking to me, Yes. PM me if you're interested in another idea. Same principle as the first.

actually exact same as the first.. only now i've got more experience! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭YouProduce

Hi,

I'm looking for a programmer/web-developer to take on the IT side of a business start-up. The business plan is available on request.

See Link: http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=319714

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 russianireland

Hi I'm publishing 3 weekly papers for ethnick minorities in Ireland. Russian, Lithuanian and Latvian publication. Distributed EM News and own distribution aroun 200 East European grossery shops. Also have web for all of publication. Looking for partner/investor for expanding/diwerting business. Or any other idea how to survive :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭noelma

An opportunity to be part of a start up business - No investment required.
    Please see
    http://www.adverts.ie/629861

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jayireland

we already have a website called www.fashiondublin.com, we are looking for a real business partner to worktogether with us to doing this business,any reply welcome,thank u

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Restaurant management companies in Dublin who would take over an existing Restaurant and take management fee and a percentage of the profits and basically run the place for me.

Hope this is Ok to post in this thread. Many Thanks in advance.

Hootanany wrote: »
    Restaurant management companies in Dublin who would take over an existing Restaurant and take management fee and a percentage of the profits and basically run the place for me.

Hope this is Ok to post in this thread. Many Thanks in advance.

Anyone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ezeway

Looking for partner to run online business. Will explain more in PM. No experience required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Chartered accountant, experience from software to media industry, would be interested in businesses that could benefit from a professional financial input.

I work full time during the day, but fairly flexible. Am looking for a project role, possibly provide some investment but it'd have to be a wow project for that commitment. Not looking for a salary, possibly equity. Dublin region would probably suit best.

Please pm if an interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭seanob43

ezeway wrote: »
    Looking for partner to run online business. Will explain more in PM. No experience required.
    Hey just wondering about your post in the business partners thread.
    What's your business?
    I'm quite interested.

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Mr Moxie

Looking for a software engineer with project management experience, who would be interested in coming on board as a partner, in a high potential software start up at a very early stage..?
    The business is in the area of online marketing films for the SME sector and the display and monetization of same.
    I'm already up and running but need software experience onboard.

Please PM if you are interested in exploring the potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Hi-

I'm looking to start a mobile food business- I have start up capital but I am looking for someone with experience/ interest in catering to bounce ideas off of. PM me if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

I have a great idea at the moment , im currently an accounts clerk on a 3 day week and am looking to start a web based company.

this consists of

1. i actually have access to the product i wanna sell ( sell then pay for it so if i dont sell i dont pay )

2. i'll actually look after the end of posting items and receiving money etc.

3. what im after in a partner is somebody who knows how to make a
    website to sell said items off , i'll take pictures and inform of a price
    and he/she then uploads the pic and the price etc and maintains the
    website etc and i'll we'll agree a % of profit for him/her

now my items are everyday items and sell good , to which i have dealership so will be cheaper than retailers for said items

anybody genuinely interested ( please no time wasters ) in giving this a go give me a pm and we'll discuss it further

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭YouBuyLocal

Shopify

Etsy

ebay

donedeal

etc

etc

etc

If someone builds a website for you, how do expect people to find it? Google is congested and SEO is complex & time consuming. Social media is... impractical and dependent on viral growth. You need a hub where people sell similar products.

My first suggestion would be to look at these guys: http://www.vendorshopsocial.com/

They don't charge any transaction fee up to a certain quantity of items so its free up to a point. Test the market that way by trying to connect with potential buyers/consumers through facebook. Its not a complete solution as people don't tend to like being spammed on facebook, but its a start.

You don't need a partner to build a website, you need a strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭YouBuyLocal

I have a team of developers with 12 years experience between them developing a platform in Elgg, a powerful open-sourced social platform coded in PHP & MySQL.

We are part of a high-potential start-up hoping to get into the NDRC Launchpad programme this September (will know if we are accepted by the end of this week - around Aug 12th).

We require a lead developer who is proficient in php platforms to work with us from September on a short term contract until we launch the platform in December. This may be on a part-time or a full-time basis. There will be an option to stay with the company on a long-term basis if the developer is really interested in the success of the enterprise.

We can pay for services but it may be reduced for a small equity stake and/or profit share agreement, the terms of which we would need to negotiate after working together for a short period.

I encourage any experienced php developers to contact me as this is a sophisticated and extremely interesting enterprise with high-growth potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Myself & my partner are on the lookout for a dublin based restaurant to lease.
    Hootanany wrote: »
    Anyone

marley123 wrote: »
    Myself & my partner are on the lookout for a dublin based restaurant to lease.

Sorry its gone all the best with your venture.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Hey guys, just saw this thread, great idea - I'm currently looking for a business partner for my website.

I had a thread on this forum before so please have a read of this thread to get a good idea of what it's all about.

The Website is www.QuidsIn.ie - its what's called a Fixed Price Micro Marketplace where anyone can buy and sell services for the fixed price of €5, €10, €15, €25, €50, €75 and €100. It has got a fantastic response so far and has grown quite well organically. Now I need to step it up to the next phase. I need someone who preferably know the online world well and hopefully someone know's good with traditional PR also. I'm open to suggestions as to how it would work - totally depends on what the other person would bring to the table.

If anyone is interested please get in touch.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Cicuma

I am looking for Entrepreneurs with an idea for a website or who have developed a website that is not performing as well as it could to partner up with to grow the business.

I have the skills that you need if you have a good idea - all revenue/payment options will be considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Mr Moxie

We are a software start-up and we are looking for a GUI Developer as a potential business partner/co-founder.
    The ideal person would have a background rooted in software with good experience in and a passion for software development. An individual with both backend and frontend development experience would be best. The most important thing is that the person has a genuine passion for GUI, even if they only do that in their spare time.
    Working full time at the moment? No problem, this is a side project at the moment.
    Please PM if you think that you might be this person and if you are genuinely interested in exploring the opportunity to join our team.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭arynne

Cicuma wrote: »
    I am looking for Entrepreneurs with an idea for a website or who have developed a website that is not performing as well as it could to partner up with to grow the business.

I have the skills that you need if you have a good idea - all revenue/payment options will be considered.

Please take a look at http://www.doctorrynne.com and tell me what you could bring to the party? I am offering a share in sales which at the moment would not keep you in toothpicks! Contact me through site. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sligo_job

Back-end PHP developer wanted for Partnership in New startup. API experience and creativity.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056271450&page=3

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dotsy115

Hi there. I would be interested in talking to you. Will pm

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭arynne

Thanks dotsy115. My e-address is andrewrynne@eircom.net and we are talking about http://www.doctorrynne.com Talk soon.
    Andrew Rynne.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭boxercreations

arynne wrote: »
    Thanks dotsy115. My e-address is andrewrynne@eircom.net and we are talking about http://www.doctorrynne.com Talk soon.
    Andrew Rynne.
    For what it's worth, I really think you should price in euro/dual price if you are pitching your service to the Irish market .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Hi can you build iphone apps ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 WovlilvoW

I am a 22 year old final year mechanical engineering student. I have a passion for ideas and entrepreneurial concepts. I have a lot of fresh ideas and I would love to create a business contact and friendship with similar minded people in an effort to someday start a business.

I am an INTJ myself. I feel an INTP & ENTP would best compliment my skills and way of thinking. NT's are the personality types that are most likely to start a business.

ENTP's are often known as the inventors,
    INTP's the mathematicians
    INTJ the engineers.

Please pm me if you are interested, stating your expertise and experience, id be happy to share mine.

Advertisement