Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Temporary Clerical Officer 2021 in the Civil and Public Service (Please read OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

What building are you in, abbey street or hanover?

I’m in abbeycourt house

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

bangors85 wrote: »
    I’m in abbeycourt house

I was in Hanover street year before last and I liked it, psc section. 70 on list this year

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

I was in Hanover street year before last and I liked it, psc section. 70 on list this year

Yes seems like nice place to work but early days. Best of luck yourself and I hope you get a good department

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bradley linemihler

thanks! Im around 80 on the list this time round!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭popers98

Hey,

How do you find out your OOM number? I got mine back in jan but it’s 700!
    Also got an email for expression of interest in the vaccine centres that was on 23/03.
    Does anyone know how long it takes to be placed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

Just got an expression of interest email from my local county council so it seems the panel is crossing over to all public sectors.

piskins72 wrote: »
    Just got an expression of interest email from my local county council so it seems the panel is crossing over to all public sectors.

Do they have to interview you again I wonder.

Do they have to interview you again I wonder.

That I did wonder but on looking at the application form itself it actually does state TCO for civil and public sector, so wonder does that mean it actually includes all together?

That I did wonder but on looking at the application form itself it actually does state TCO for civil and public sector, so wonder does that mean it actually includes all together?

I didn’t see that tbh but remember one time I had an offer with tusla and I had to turn around and do another one with them.
    And there’s the old cliche of if it makes sense they do the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

The campaign title states the civil and public services as it has in previous years, while the county council/ETB's/colleges/HSE ect could pull from the panel it wasn't common as most run their own TCO competitions.

If their own panel is been exhausted, its possibly a temporary measure until they can run a new competition once Covid restrictions lift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭popers98

Does anyone know how to find out where you are on the OOM?

popers98 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to find out where you are on the OOM?

It would be on the emails you got on to your public jobs account.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dried peanuts

I just got an interview for a HSE TCO post, but it was advertised through a recruiting agency.

I am OOM 12 in Co Meath.
    Got a phone call a few days ago from a hospital agency (Ireland East) about working in a vaccination centre in Meath Got email yesterday with online training and a Certificate of Health document to fill out and return.
    Just wondering has anyone here any idea of how long the timeline is before I start working, I will be getting a vaccine but assume that needs time to take effect? Has anyone else started in a vaccination centre? (I know I should have asked when I got the call but I forgot!)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 juru

I worked for limerick Council for a year 4 years ago. As far as I know we could be called to go anywhere.

If you end up in the council or hse does time count for increments?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Yes but it takes time to sort out

• Registered Users Posts: 37 juru

Has anybody been called in Limerick and if you have what is your OOM number. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Henryh30

Hi there, I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything in County Offaly ? If so what was your OOM? Thanks so much 🙂

I have previous service in a council and emailed them directly for previous service record to have, got it within a day from the payroll section.

• Advertisement

juru wrote: »
    I worked for limerick Council for a year 4 years ago. As far as I know we could be called to go anywhere.

It's just that the salary scale isn't the CO in Local authority/HSE in their info it's the civil service one which is slightly different so always assumed it covered civil service only.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,669 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It depends on the policy of the department that employs you. Most do allow it, but you have to get proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jo.Gil

Hi everyone, I had my Interview for Wicklow Vaccine Center on Friday, it was a panel of 3. Anyone hear back yet? Or have there interview yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jo.Gil

If anyone applied for Wicklow HSE I got word there now I passed interview stage 2 and now put on a panel and will be appointed in OOM goodluck everyone 🀞

You pass an “aptitude” test to do an interview, you pass an interview to get on a list and you have to pass another for a job you didn’t apply for. It reminds me of that sketch from the savage eye.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JYcZc62Gf6w

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Connacht15

What is the procedure and typical waiting time for the extra level of vetting before you can take up a post in a security sensitive area?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 BoatGirlDolly

I was contacted through a recruitment company for a position (temp) in CAR. Is that not a bit random out of the ordinary? Recruiter had nothing from me just CV and I hadnt applied for anything with them before. Never applied for C.A.R either?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Connacht15

So any advice folks on how long the extra vetting takes and what it might entail? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭daffodill50

Connacht15 wrote: »
    So any advice folks on how long the extra vetting takes and what it might entail? Thanks in advance.

Enhanced garda vetting takes up to three months, you fill a form declaring any previous convictions and they ask for a list of your previous addresses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Got an email on Friday saying I have a zoom interview next week, I can’t even remember my order of merit, but it was less than 50 in Meath.

Ironically, I was also interviewed for a full time role elsewhere last week and hope to hear back tomorrow...so if I get the job, I have to reject the temporary job interview. (Or if I don’t get the job, I have the temporary job interview to focus on straight away)

Advertisement