Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ethereum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

unkel wrote: »
    Another ATH today, over $1900. Starting to think it's more likely than not that we will see $2000 within a week or two. Not sure about anyone else but I have far higher confidence this time that the coins are here to stay and might keep going up (mostly / longer term) than I was during the previous bull run in late 2017 / early 2018
    Until Layer 2 i think ethereum will be left behind a bit. The gas fees are crazy on rhe exchanges. With new DEX out there to replqce uniswap and sushi i think ethereum will suffer for it.
    It'll still give you returns though

• Registered Users Posts: 64,771 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Yeah I really find it hard to understand that ETH is rallying so much despite the brutal tx fees. I guess it got badly behind BTC and is just catching up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Why wouldn't it? Gas fees are a temporary blip, nobody comes close to ETHs portfolio of developers and apps.

Another ATH just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Yeah I really find it hard to understand that ETH is rallying so much despite the brutal tx fees. I guess it got badly behind BTC and is just catching up a bit.

I'm not as bullish on eth as I once was, it's upgrade to 2.0 could take two years and a lot of the money will be moved from erc20 during this time if the fees continue

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭dav09

It certainly feels like early-mid 2017 again, but this time we know crypto is here to stay. I do worry about how far Eth 2.0 is away but I still prefer it to somewhat similar coins like Cardano/Polkadot/etc. More adoption already and is heading in the right direction to POS.

• Advertisement

I'm considering cashing in my ETH to buy in again when it drops

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

What are those price points? The largest drop in the past 3 months was 25%, it recovered in days and has nearly quadrupled in price since.

grindle wrote: »
    What are those price points? The largest drop in the past 3 months was 25%, it recovered in days and has nearly quadrupled in price since.

The closer it gets to 2.0 the more risk there is of a big drop IMO

The closer it gets to 2.0 the more risk there is of a big drop IMO

It's what I was waiting for in terms of Bitcoin reaching $1 trillion cap, let's hope that happens. There's a nice slice down on the hourly but I can see a lot of news over the next day about BTC hitting a trillion to stoke the hype machine. When I have family members texting me about prices I know stuff's a little much, and that was happening today.
    They're cute enough to think I own BTC cos it's all the same thing to them. Adorable!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Irish_rat wrote: »
    I'm not as bullish on eth as I once was, it's upgrade to 2.0 could take two years and a lot of the money will be moved from erc20 during this time if the fees continue

Yep I honestly think if I was new to crypto I'd be reading about cardano and polkadot. They are cheaper, readily available and have a lot more news circulating. Im certainly not saying ethereum is dead but its lagging behind. The fees are insane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

ETH just went 2k

Another ATH today, over $1900. Starting to think it's more likely than not that we will see $2000 within a week or two. Not sure about anyone else but I have far higher confidence this time that the coins are here to stay and might keep going up (mostly / longer term) than I was during the previous bull run in late 2017 / early 2018
    48 hours later lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Anyone have targets for Eth in the near future?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Not sure about anyone else but I have far higher confidence this time that the coins are here to stay and might keep going up (mostly / longer term) than I was during the previous bull run in late 2017 / early 2018
    There's no doubt in the world but that crypto is here to stay. Getting beyond that, it will be a question of which are the category leaders that survive and grow/continue to grow exponentially. 90% of these projects otherwise will have to wither and die. We have not seen much of that happen just yet but you'd imagine that process will have to start to figure itself out between now and the end of the next cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,468 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Raoul wrote: »

Have a few sells in at 2160 and 2250.
    Not high volumes but just a little profit taking of it gets there.

ETH is a monster, but I do worry that alternative chains may overtake or at least achieve a parity of developers and projects with the delay to ETH 2.0.

BNB looks to be filling that role at the mo, but ETH has left competition behind in the past, NEO, QTUM and others spring to mind.
    But, ETH still rules the roost for now at least.

There needs to be action on fees other than reliance on 2nd layer options tho IMO.
    Fees are the bane of ETH currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

€2500-3000 is reasonable I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭antgal23

4 to 5 k

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭antgal23

Just like 2018 the whole market will crash this year

In the meantime alts will rocket

antgal23 wrote: »

I still don't get why you think the 4 year cycle is becoming 3 years. In a year where the richest man on earth just plunged $1.5b into a sh!tcoin and investment funds are gobbling BTC supply up to $35k.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

banie01 wrote: »
    Have a few sells in at 2160 and 2250.
    Not high volumes but just a little profit taking of it gets there.

ETH is a monster, but I do worry that alternative chains may overtake or at least achieve a parity of developers and projects with the delay to ETH 2.0.

BNB looks to be filling that role at the mo, but ETH has left competition behind in the past, NEO, QTUM and others spring to mind.
    But, ETH still rules the roost for now at least.

There needs to be action on fees other than reliance on 2nd layer options tho IMO.
    Fees are the bane of ETH currently.

Absolute joke to be honest!

• Advertisement

Can't be helped until EIP 1559 is implemented, high spenders are currently willingly paying well over the odds to be included in a block asap which cumulatively drags the tx cost way up for others as the price races up.

It'll be interesting to see what effect sharding has whenever it arrives, there'll be a balancing act because now all of a sudden the network can handle 64x times the transactions so fees will go down - until there are 64x times the amount of transactions on layer 1 as there are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

antgal23 wrote: »

In the meantime alts will rocket

I wouldnt say crash, but I do think BTC will top out late late this year while alts will continue to maybe Feb/Mar 22

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

grindle wrote: »
    I still don't get why you think the 4 year cycle is becoming 3 years. In a year where the richest man on earth just plunged $1.5b into a sh!tcoin and investment funds are gobbling BTC supply up to $35k.

Sh1tcoin? Tesla purchased BTC. Not DOGE. :confused:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    Sh1tcoin? Tesla purchased BTC. Not DOGE. :confused:

No ill feelings meant (although I would prefer if BTC was usable at scale), I call them all sh!tcoins. It's like a pet name at this stage so when family or friends ask about it I refer to them all as sh!tcoins. They start asking about it all when prices rise & the main advice I've given to them has been
    "Are you prepared to watch €10k turn into €1k?"
    Because they don't care abut the idea, only the boom. I could afford the risk a few years ago, most people I know can't. Most people I know who could afford it don't deserve it cos they still think it's a ponzi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

JTMan wrote: »

Up to 7.5%, and they take a commission on all rewards. :(

25% staking commission according to: https://www.coinbase.com/legal/user_agreement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Hitting ATH's today.

Not far off €2k

Powering ahead now...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Berlin fork due today/ tomorrow should reduce the gas fees significantly. ETH should take off then if all goes okay. Seeing the early signs already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭OEP

Berlin fork due today/ tomorrow should reduce the gas fees significantly. ETH should take off then if all goes okay. Seeing the early signs already.

I think it's the London fork that will do that. Berin fork just happened there

Advertisement