Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seetec Meeting

Options
  • 18-03-2021 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I have an upcoming interview with Seetec next week. My partner is working and I've two kids at home. One is is national school and the other stays at home with me. He is waiting to be seen for Autism and cant get a place in crehe for him till next month. Between dropping child to school and collecting him and minding child at home I can't find work atm. Should I explain this to seetec or will it go against me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

They may hit you with "you are not available for full time work" which would make you ineligible for jobseeker payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

Micky8728 wrote: »
    I have an upcoming interview with Seetec next week. My partner is working and I've two kids at home. One is is national school and the other stays at home with me. He is waiting to be seen for Autism and cant get a place in crehe for him till next month. Between dropping child to school and collecting him and minding child at home I can't find work atm. Should I explain this to seetec or will it go against me.

Tell them you are looking for work, but there doesn't seem to be much around at the moment. Don't tell them anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Borrowed time

Have you had any dealings with them since you last posted and how did you get on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭Ckendrick

Have you had any dealings with them since you last posted and how did you get on?

The poster is more then likely entitled to DCA and Carers Allowance in respect of her child who is being considered for special needs.
    If not that then it’s possible the other parent of her child is entitled to WFP if their income is low enough for the stay at home parent to qualify for JSA.
    These are payments that she is entitled to as she’s not entitled to JSA as she’s not available for or looking for full time work.
    It’s possible that SEETEC have pointed her in this direction.
    I would hope so anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,923 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Ckendrick wrote: »
    The poster is more then likely entitled to DCA and Carers Allowance in respect of her child who is being considered for special needs.
    If not that then it’s possible the other parent of her child is entitled to WFP if their income is low enough for the stay at home parent to qualify for JSA.
    These are payments that she is entitled to as she’s not entitled to JSA as she’s not available for or looking for full time work.
    It’s possible that SEETEC have pointed her in this direction.
    I would hope so anyway.

Unfortunately Seetac don't point anyone ANYWHERE, Unless it's to SW if client not engaging. If the OP was referred to this shower they are not in receipt of carers allowance albeit they intend to apply if and when their child gets a diagnosis, which sadly can take months/years . Being referred to Seetac means they are currently on JSA/JSB

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭Ckendrick

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Unfortunately Seetac don't point anyone ANYWHERE, Unless it's to SW if client not engaging. If the OP was referred to this shower they are not in receipt of carers allowance albeit they intend to apply if and when their child gets a diagnosis, which sadly can take months/years . Being referred to Seetac means they are currently on JSA/JSB

Yes I know that she has been referred to Seetec because she’s in receipt of Jobseekers.
    I’m pointing out that, based on her post, she’s not entitled to Jobseekers but may very well be entitled to Carers/DCA and /or the parent of her other child entitled to WFP.
    It’s possible that since she last posted on this thread that she has been made aware of this.
    If she told Seetec why she’s not available for work then she will have been sent back to the SW office and they will, hopefully, have informed her of these more suitable payments.
    There is no point in struggling with Jobseekers Seetec TN etc if you shouldn’t be on Jobseekers in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Micky8728

Still waiting on child to be assessed. Seetec still houndingme every few weeks to get a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

unfortunately they wont stop, theyre pure scumbags, its a disturbing approach to unemployment, people truly need to remember this during coming elections. maybe approach your doc about it, they maybe able to help and support you, in regards seetec, ideally if you could be signed off for illness, but be aware, this may affect welfare payments, and other things, so get some advice before acting, citizens info can be very helpful in such situations.

unfortunately public waiting lists for autism assessments are beyond disturbing, if possible, id recommend going privately, as i did myself, this can be extremely expensive though

Advertisement