Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rocket League cross platform voice chat?

• 29-03-2021 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My son (11) has an Xbox One, some friends have PS 4. Rocket League doesn't support cross platform chat so he can't talk to anyone on PS when playing.

Is there any workaround or any indication that this will be supported in the future? I read the following which aren't ideal-
    Some players have found workarounds to this, such as hopping on a Zoom call or Discord voice chat, which could provide a solution for some players.

Thanks,
    Pa.

Comments

Nah, call on another platform is about the only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Nah, call on another platform is about the only option.

Hi. Sorry, what do you mean 'call on another platform'?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Discord. Most gamers are using that these days for general chat while they play anyway (aside from direct Xbox party Chat), so this is probably the most likely solution for your son.

If he doesn't use it already, then he'll end up doing so soon enough anyway I would imagine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

dar83 wrote: »
    Discord. Most gamers are using that these days for general chat while they play anyway (aside from direct Xbox party Chat), so this is probably the most likely solution for your son.

If he doesn't use it already, then he'll end up doing so soon enough anyway I would imagine. :)

Thanks. So he has discord open in parallel on the xbox & talks away while playing?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

dinneenp wrote: »
    Thanks. So he has discord open in parallel on the xbox & talks away while playing?

I believe that it might work better on his phone, if he's got one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement