Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Decathlon - long delivery time

Options
  • 10-02-2021 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭

Ordered 25 Jan and despatched February 1 but still no sign of it. Is that a long time? I ordered from Adidas 31 Jan and it came today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

duffysfarm wrote: »
    Ordered 25 Jan and despatched February 1 but still no sign of it. Is that a long time? I ordered from Adidas 31 Jan and it came today.

How did you order ?
    Online or via reserve and click ? The latter is dispatched from the Dublin store. The other comes from France. Or the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

ordered online for delivery.
    ok - if its coming from UK that would probably be the delay. Adidas comes from Germany as far as i know so it was a lot quicker
    ted1 wrote: »
    How did you order ?
    Online or via reserve and click ? The latter is dispatched from the Dublin store. The other comes from France. Or the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

duffysfarm wrote: »
    ordered online for delivery.
    ok - if its coming from UK that would probably be the delay. Adidas comes from Germany as far as i know so it was a lot quicker

Site says that online orders are shipped from "mainland Europe", delivered within 10 - 12 working days:
    https://www.decathlon.ie/ie_en/ship-from-store

• Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Gadgie wrote: »
    Site says that online orders are shipped from "mainland Europe", delivered within 10 - 12 working days:

It’s how they get from Mainland Europe. Usually by land bridge, between Brexit and Covid. There’s serious restrictions causing delays

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭notsobadinc

Gadgie wrote: »

The orders are most likely been dispatched from the French warehouse and the long delivery times are not unusual. I placed a large order in early November and was advised at checkout of 10 working days etc and it took 24 working days in total but they blamed it on An Post at the time.Get onto their customer service and ask for advice as they will be quick to revert to you.

On another note I ordered 2 pairs of trail shorts (€50) on February 1st and despite the delivery timeframe of 5-8 days, I received the order on Monday, so that was less than 5 working days.

Adidas , Asics, Running Warehouse are generally quicker as use FedEx or couriers other than An Post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭AhhHere

Waiting over 3 weeks for my stuff. No emails. No comms. No response from customer service. Very disapointing after such good service all last year. Was told 8-10 working days at order confirmation.

Advertisement