Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mediation Costs

• 23-05-2019 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭

I'm waiting for the free mediation service to deal with an amicable split between my wife and I but the waiting list is long. Does anyone have experience of how much a hired mediation service would cost if we went down that route?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

smokingman wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the free mediation service to deal with an amicable split between my wife and I but the waiting list is long. Does anyone have experience of how much a hired mediation service would cost if we went down that route?

Why do you need mediation if it's amicable ? Draw up your agreed items and get a solicitor to create a separation agreement ....

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭older i get better i was

Hi did you ever get an answer to your question? did you use mediation? how was it for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭smokingman

Hi did you ever get an answer to your question? did you use mediation? how was it for you?

I tried the free one. There was a waiting list but got there after about two months. Don't know what the waiting list is like now but they were very good and tried their best to help. My wife turned hostile however and she walked out on it twice after going into it demanding everything I have despite having the same money in her account every month as I do.
    Currently waiting on a court date for the actual divorce but who knows when that'll be given the delays in the court system due to Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

Why do you need mediation if it's amicable ? Draw up your agreed items and get a solicitor to create a separation agreement ....

Thats all well and good, but a Judge can still over rule an agreement, which if it is amicable is crazy imo
    I was of the understanding that free mediation can fill out the details and do a lot of the work and save a lot of cost that otherwise might be payed for by both parties. I think you still need a solicitor after that anyway,
    but I think it may be possible that a solicitor could work on behalf of both people, especially if an agreement is amicable.
    I genuinely believe if two people are reasonable that any agreement made should be binding and they should just go to the courts to get it rubber stamped, astounded Judges can overrule on an agreement made between two people who are in agreement, but not surprised if that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭dubal

A judge will obviously look favourably on a mediated agreement.

The free mediation service was great for me, but I guess it depends on the mediator you get, but doesn't that apply to all mediation

• Advertisement
Advertisement