Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 qeorqe

Spooch wrote: »
    This is the stock update thread. Take chat to the other thread

Currys Carrickmines!!!! PS5 + controller 559€. In stock from 10am, about 20 left

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭ThePott

Markitron wrote: »
    Amazon, unfortunately. Zaavi are also decent for sales but may not deliver here anymore.
    Up until recently at least Zavvi did deliver but they have a delivery cost. It used to be 4.50. I think it might be 3 euro now.

Smyths just tried to charge me for the PS5 that I ordered on Tuesday. So that's a good sign.
    Although it wouldn't accept my Revolut for some reason. Anyone know how long it would take once payment has been taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭ffocused

ThePott wrote: »
    Smyths just tried to charge me for the PS5 that I ordered on Tuesday. So that's a good sign.
    Although it wouldn't accept my Revolut for some reason. Anyone know how long it would take once payment has been taken?

I would expect it to be shipped by end of day tomorrow at latest. My card was charged too, and option to cancel preorder is gone from account.

Is it me or is this launch far worse than previous ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Is it me or is this launch far worse than previous ones?

No its not just you, availability-wise this is far worse than any console launch that I can remember, and I can remember back to about the PS1 launch.

The only launch that even comes close to this was the PS2, that was also like gold dust but there was no problem getting one by about February. Wii was a similar situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

No its not just you, availability-wise this is far worse than any console launch that I can remember, and I can remember back to about the PS1 launch.

The only launch that even comes close to this was the PS2, that was also like gold dust but there was no problem getting one by about February. Wii was a similar situation.

Still remember my mate who worked in Gamestop texting to let me know they'd a few Wii's just arrived that weren't being used to fulfil preorders, this was a week before Christmas and 10 units had just landed unexpectedly and the store had decided to give the next few people who came in and asked for one a nice surprise. I was one of those 'surprised' individuals! No chance of being able to slip that through under the radar these days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Every single Nintendo releasee is like this, the Wii, the DS, 3DS and Switch, I had to get my Switch off a fella because that was rare. For a year we had most stores with no Switches.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Every single Nintendo releasee is like this, the Wii, the DS, 3DS and Switch, I had to get my Switch off a fella because that was rare. For a year we had most stores with no Switches.

Plenty of spare Wii U though! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Stock updates only please, folks. There are other threads to speak about the launch more generally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Muller_magic

Anyone think Smiths will have a drop this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Anyone think Smiths will have a drop this morning?

I'm not holding out much hope. The say no stock until March and I'm inclined to believe them.

Smyths order from Wednesday arrived today in case anyone is in the same boat.
    Had a text it was coming Monday but came early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Macken2021

Supposedly Curry's in Jervis st is taking pre orders now. Tried calling them as I am in work but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Shipping confirmation from Gamestop of my order of 23 February. A heads up for those that got in that afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Not sure if you can order over the phone with Curry's. I thought you had to call in to the store ?

I was in Curry's Jervis today and I could order one to be collected. I opted for an xbox instead but I could have gotten a PS5 if I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

DIY KING wrote: »
    Not sure if you can order over the phone with Curry's. I thought you had to call in to the store ?

yeah its all in store for currys, you fill out a form, bring it to till and pay, you will be called then when stock is in. I did this yesterday in Cork. Console and Controller bundle only.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 betarayjay

how long is the turnaround for curry's after you put your name down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

betarayjay wrote:
    how long is the turnaround for curry's after you put your name down?

Hard to know. I asked three people yest in Currys. One said I'll have it this week, another said next week and another said 2 to 3 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Just ordered in Curry's, Waterford. They had three bundles: with Miles Morales, Demon Souls or an extra controller. The girl said they should be in over the weekend, obviously not sure if that's correct. They had another few slots available when I was leaving about an hour ago.

Hard to know. I asked three people yest in Currys. One said I'll have it this week, another said next week and another said 2 to 3 weeks.

Most of the employees I saw were bored low level staff. The lady I spoke to seemed to be the manager. She said 2-3 day wait for PS5 and up to 10 days for Xbox.

But I don't know how reliable that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Just a heads up,went to PC World Blanchardstown and was told they no longer take names for pre order. If they have stock, people just have to go in and buy it.

He said the ques were causing a problem for the store so there now trying this.

They had 180 PS5's this morning which all sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Curry's now happy to sell to the public so I assume that staff, friends and family have been sorted...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

EoinHef wrote: »
    Just a heads up,went to PC World Blanchardstown and was told they no longer take names for pre order. If they have stock, people just have to go in and buy it.

He said the ques were causing a problem for the store so there now trying this.

They had 180 PS5's this morning which all sold out.

Strange logic...

Queues were causing a problem so they now ask people to come to their store anyway. That should solve the problem lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Jayisplay

I was in Curry's Jervis today and I could order one to be collected. I opted for an xbox instead but I could have gotten a PS5 if I wanted.

Oh no not an Xbox

Jayisplay wrote: »
    Oh no not an Xbox

Don't worry, I'll own both soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

wonski wrote: »
    Strange logic...

Queues were causing a problem so they now ask people to come to their store anyway. That should solve the problem lol.

Thought exactly the same thing but no point in saying it.

He did mention specifcally Friday morning,I can't make it with college but might be worth checking out if people can make it up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Mac B

Ordered today in Currys Naas. Manager said end of week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement