Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland's National Roll of Honour, WW1

• 01-04-2014 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Project well on the way. It is being compiled from all relevant county newspapers and databases created before 1922, i.e CWGC, IMR, SDGW, De Ruvigny's, Rolls of Honour, Bond of Sacrifice, Our Heroes, etc. The following counties have now been completed, Carlow, Clare, Cork, Dublin, Kerry, Kilkenny, King's County (Offaly), Limerick, Longford, Queen's County (Laois), Longford, Roscommon, Waterford, Westmeath, Wexford and Wicklow.
    Kildare now in progress. Lookups available.
    Enfield.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Is that only available on findmypast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

Most of those counties are on FMP but here we have the most up to date lists. FMP were sent updates three weeks ago including Dublin (8,500 casualties) but they have not added them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

enfield wrote: »
    Most of those counties are on FMP but here we have the most up to date lists. FMP were sent updates three weeks ago including Dublin (8,500 casualties) but they have not added them.
    Thanks Enfield, is there a link? I think my Cork-born Canadian Highlander has been included (one of 22 possibilities) and I'd like to check (without subscribing to FMP;) )

You can search FMP in Ireland for the Cork casualties. Or post his name here. There are 102 Canadian Army casualties in it.

That means there are 102 Cork casualties who died serving with the Canadians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 wardie33

Hi Enfield,For Laois how many have you for Portarlington and surrounding areas.Trying to have as many as I can for a rememberence service for next month.At the moment I have about 70 that is from the area both counties Queens and King and some that were married into the area.Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Poor bastards.

Advertisement