Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Insert boiler stove recommendations

• 17-03-2015 2:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

can anyone recommend a good Irish made boiler insert stove? 40 year old house is poorly insulated,(due to cavity block). Its 4-bed semi d in Sligo. What output to room is recommended for sitting room 14x13? 10 rads in total. Any idea of cost of installation and replace gun barrel throughout house? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Markiemarkso

ceepy12 wrote: »
    can anyone recommend a good Irish made boiler insert stove? 40 year old house is poorly insulated,(due to cavity block). Its 4-bed semi d in Sligo. What output to room is recommended for sitting room 14x13? 10 rads in total. Any idea of cost of installation and replace gun barrel throughout house? Thanks

Hi
    Last year I put in the Hamco Morgan insert stove, It's a great stove no complaints, it has a large viewing glass, bigger than other stoves i have seen, I burn briquettes, coal, timber and turf in it. I have 13 rads that it heats. My sitting room is approx the same size as yours. They are made in Tullamore.
    I shopped around checking a number of places in connaught (Sligo, Ballina, Castlebar, Tuam,& Galway) and the best deal i got was from Tuam Heating & Plumbing, I paid €2500 for the stove, a new fireplace, twin coil tank and all the fittings. Friend fitted it for me and I don't know what the cost of replacing the gun barrell would be, but essential to do I'd say.
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Markiemarkso

ceepy12 wrote: »

Hi
    Last year I put in the Hamco Morgan insert stove, It's a great stove no complaints, it has a large viewing glass, bigger than other stoves i have seen, I burn briquettes, coal, timber and turf in it. I have 13 rads that it heats. My sitting room is approx the same size as yours. They are made in Tullamore.
    I shopped around checking a number of places in connaught (Sligo, Ballina, Castlebar, Tuam,& Galway) and the best deal i got was from Tuam Heating & Plumbing, I paid €2500 for the stove, a new fireplace, twin coil tank and all the fittings plus delivery. Friend fitted it for me and I don't know what the cost of replacing the gun barrell would be, but essential to do I'd say.
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ceepy12

Sounds like a deal for sure, I will check them out, thanks very much for the info

Advertisement