Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Solyad wrote: »
    Was on the motorway between Galway and Athenry just there. Very heavy snow. Hard to see, flakes were huge.

Traffic at a crawl at 30 mph. Right hand lane completely white and still lunatics bombing past.
    That'll be me in 3 hours, hope it's not freezing over by then thoughfrown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭mfdc

Anyone else catch some sheet lightning out in the Irish Sea in the last 30 mins?? Was just out for a short run here in Swords and saw two flashes - first one caught me blinking and scared the bejeezus out of me (didn't know wtf), but the second I was running right toward. Lit up about big chunk of the sky a kind of mustard yellow to the northeast for maybe half a second.

The bizarre thing is there's no cloud over there - stars were clearly visible (just under Auriga if you're curious :D). It was low down though so probably a good bit out. Anyone else see this or was the cold playing tricks with my noggin? Looks from the rainfall chart just posted that there's something out there alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

whitemocha wrote: »
    PISTOLPETES 11 can you give me the link to that chart you posted when i go into will it rain today i only get the orangy one cant find where the red etc is

thanks

You have to pay for that one

Hail shower here just now that only lasted about a minute. Really wish it'd make up its mind already, I'm sick of these 5 minute showers then an hour of nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

No show here, its been snowing lightly past hour and its stopped sticking ,roads are very wet now.
    Hopefully there will be something to report by the morning.
    What about the heavy snow in galway, have we had any measurments? what are we talking here, an inch or more?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

bring that snow to dublin now LOL its baltic out my car is frozen over since 7pm this eve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

mfdc wrote: »
    Anyone else catch some sheet lightning out in the Irish Sea in the last 30 mins?? Was just out for a short run here in Swords and saw two flashes - first one caught me blinking and scared the bejeezus out of me (didn't know wtf), but the second I was running right toward. Lit up about big chunk of the sky a kind of mustard yellow to the northeast for maybe half a second.

The bizarre thing is there's no cloud over there - stars were clearly visible (just under Auriga if you're curious :D). It was low down though so probably a good bit out. Anyone else see this or was the cold playing tricks with my noggin? Looks from the rainfall chart just posted that there's something out there alright.

bring it on going to look out window now to see

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Forget your ECMs and GFSs, the key forecast is just out:=

Brian Lenihan has categorically ruled out snow this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

Pangea wrote: »
    No show here, its been snowing lightly past hour and its stopped sticking ,roads are very wet now.
    Hopefully there will be something to report by the morning.
    What about the heavy snow in galway, have we had any measurments? what are we talking here, an inch or more?

Just slightly over an inch here. Stopped snowing for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Forget your ECMs and GFSs, the key forecast is just out:=

Brian Lenihan has categorically ruled out snow this weekend

Whiteout it is so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Quick technical question:

What do you call that white powdery ball bearing stuff thats not quite hail and not quite snow? Just got a nice covering of it from a shower in Roscommon here....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Yrag2E

mfdc wrote: »

yeah I caught this too. Saw it from my house actually. Thought I was going a little mad also

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Neddyusa wrote: »

What do you call that white powdery ball bearing stuff thats not quite hail and not quite snow? Just got a nice covering of it from a shower in Roscommon here....

Graupel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Neddyusa wrote: »

Graupel?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Delighted :rolleyes: to report the massive snow shield over Waterford is working a treat........

I'm workin' on bringin' it down boy! Just gettin' a coupl'a me butties from Ballybeg an' Lisduggan ta help me boy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Finally a good shower here, first one since around 6. Its still only a dusting but everythings all white again and it seems to be sticking

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's still letting down fairly heavily in Tuam...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

light snow here from time to time, everything is sticking at this stage. it's really bitter out there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I'm happy to report about 15 cm of snow ....

...stacked on the windscreen of my car from the wipers upwards :D

Elsewhere it doesn't even amount to a dusting yet.

(Sligo, btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Click here!

, irishdub14, j1979p, plein de force, Ludo, DaveM80, kn2k10, hotwhiskey, AndyP, whitemocha, rpmcs, jambofc, Squeaksoutloud, isle of man, FunkSoulSista, okla, Elliejo, W23, john hanrahan, ltdslipdiff, dbyrne, Weathercheck, cAr0l, Deep Easterly, mountainy man, ellieh1, redsunset, almat1981, sunbabe08, claytonie, Saganist, delw, Takca, Batesy, t|nt|n, anoble66, lynp27, mars bar, eireanbo, rainyrun, Mountainsandh, chinchin, BigBrownBear, Mmcd, sdonn, Banished-She, mickger844posts, Pangea, Musicman2000, Yrag2E, dmaprelude, carlmwan, smellslikeshoes, Dow99, lucy2010, talkabout, To_be_confirmed, byrneno7, Mothman, SalmoTheLeaper, fricatus, golfnut84, joe316, Javiero, Harps, ViDuchie, thomasj, MJohnston, OhThePenguin, FlawedGenius, Su Campu, Coopaloop, faktisperminute, DOCARCH, cherryghost, Odelay, Neddyusa, eoinor, scott.s, docjewel, Bluefrog, thetonynator, Defcol, LookingFor, scart, Welsh Wizard, TheInquisitor, Strasser, cdev, kkontour, Rebelbrowser, notspav, Mr.S, Elmo5, kc56, The tax man, Hooter23

i trust you'll all be logging off to watch the toy show;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

why am I always the first on those lists??!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Not me, the joys of PIP on my TV :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

long time reader of the forum, first time to post though, thought i should say thank you to all the weather experts namely su campu, weathercheck, wolfeire, darkman2 and of course M.T. cranium who make it easy for us laymen to understand and in my opinion, give us better forecasts than met eireann.

here, a couple of miles in from the east coast i'm hoping to wake up to some white stuff when i look out the window tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Here we go, all eyes on Evelyn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Snow showers will start to move into the east coast off the Irish Sea by 2am. Showers will push further inland as the night progresses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Light snow in North West Cork, lets all hope it sticks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Click here!

right im off to watch it :D
    hopefully they show a snow machine coz have a feelin im to close to coast for thr real stuff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

yess! heavy snow claregalway again lovely flakes
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Snow shower this evening at 80m asl while I was driving at about 1930z

This was in West Limerick near Newcastlewest.

It was only a shower but what fell stayed on the road for a while. Unscientific Car thermometer read 1deg C at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Snowing heavy now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Some pictures of the snow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement