Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

any major weather changes in next week?

• 14-09-2014 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Going camping next Friday (Blaskets)
    went earlier on in July, sea was like glass.

Can anyone tell me if there are bad sea conditions set to come in for next weekend? I've read a few 2 week/ forecasts and as far as i can tell nothing major bar maybe some light rain, not sure about winds/swells?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I don't think you'll have anything to worry about in terms of sea conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭acequion

So sorry to raid your post OP,but my concern is the weather for the All Ireland final next Sunday in Croke Park.Am I right in thinking that it's looking good,anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

acequion wrote: »
    So sorry to raid your post OP,but my concern is the weather for the All Ireland final next Sunday in Croke Park.Am I right in thinking that it's looking good,anyone?

The prospect looks pretty good for next Sunday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

looks dry, mild/warm for the next 10 days at least, it's possible we could end up with a totally dry September.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Looks like the run of dryer than normal Septembers continues. We are now at the mid-point of the month and countrywide the rainfall range is approx 0.5-1.5mm. Evelyn mentioned last night that the soil moisture deficit in the south was now exceeding 40mm.

There may be some thundery outbreaks in that southern region around Thursday but many areas in the north midlands could see the dry spell continue out to 20+ days.

I don't think that 37 day absolute drought record in Limerick is under threat just yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Storm 10

On local radio this morning they were saying that if we don't get rain in the next two weeks we could be looking at a water problem in Galway, rivers in Moycullen and Oughterard have dryed out and rocks have appeared in the Corrib that have never been seen before and a number of boats have damaged their engines, I never saw the Corrib so low its outfall to the sea is now just a trickle of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

just heard that the weather is sposed to be bad with thunder?! tomorrow and boats probably wont run because of a swell :( fingers crossed for saturday

Advertisement