Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - General discussion & technical queries

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

Hey, sorry if this has already been covered but I can't bring myself to read through 60 pages of this thread to find out. Simple enough question - I signed up for an Irish netflix account. If I use a VPN provider thang to cover my IP can I view US netflix content?

P.s. I watched the documentary "The King of Kong:A Fistful of Quarters" last night. HIGHLY recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

Yes unblockus.com or playmo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

Instantwatcher is good if you have access to the US site and also hackingnetflix, if you want to keep up to date on whats happening on netflix.
    http://instantwatcher.com/
    http://www.hackingnetflix.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

huggs2 wrote: »
    Nice link, I didn't realise Roku boxes were now available in UK/Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Has anyone been billed after the 1 month trial after cancelling, I cancelled mine two days before the trial was up, i even got a confirmation message stating the date it would cancel, however I checked my CC bill online and i was billed for another month.

4.3kwh South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Has sort of replaced cinema going for me in last month due to huge choice, what about the rest of ya's?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Has sort of replaced cinema going for me in last month due to huge choice, what about the rest of ya's?

I also wonder if the traffic has decreased much in Xtravison? Not sure it will have as much effect on the cinema though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

have been watching it non stop since I got on the american version, Ill keep it aslong as I can watch the american version, so much stuff to watch on it.. but you just know some ****er will stick their nose in and get netflix to block us getting the american content..

I miss the dark picture with focus slightly off and the loud blaring distorted sound:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

huggs2 wrote: »
    I miss the dark picture with focus slightly off and the loud blaring distorted sound:rolleyes:

and the velcro-like floors.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just spotted that EVERY single episode of The Wonder Years is on Netflix..

.. this is quite a find as no complete box set has ever been released on DVD in the US or here.

They got boxsets with selected episodes on DVD in the US - but a complete DVD boxset will unlikely never be released due to music rights.

AWeeeesome!

the-wonder-years-cast.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Basq wrote: »
    Just spotted that EVERY single episode of The Wonder Years is on Netflix..

.. this is quite a find as no complete box set has ever been released on DVD in the US or here.

They got boxsets with selected episodes on DVD in the US - but a complete DVD boxset will unlikely never be released due to music rights.

AWeeeesome!

the-wonder-years-cast.jpg

I posted this a week ago;)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76998826&postcount=763

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Has anyone been billed after the 1 month trial after cancelling, I cancelled mine two days before the trial was up, i even got a confirmation message stating the date it would cancel, however I checked my CC bill online and i was billed for another month.

Just letting you know, NinjaTruncs, I cancelled 2 days before trial end also, and I just checked my CC bill and I wasn't billed for another month, so maybe they just made an error in your case?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

That's mad.
    Myself and herself started watching it the other night.
    It does have some random stuff on it.
    Nostalgic to say the least.
    I think if Boy Meets World was ever on it, I'd never see the missus again. :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Was watching Its Always Sunny there, just to let everyone know episodes 3 & 4 season 2 are in the wrong order, so watch episode 4 before episode 3. Doesn't really make a big difference but just thought I'd point it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Gone past them all ready :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I've noticed on my laptop with Playmo.tv DNS settings, I can't stream AerTV anymore. Is this due to the settings and do I have to switch back to my own DNS and reboot laptop everytime I want to watch Aertv?

AntiRip wrote: »
    I've noticed on my laptop with Playmo.tv DNS settings, I can't stream AerTV anymore. Is this due to the settings and do I have to switch back to my own DNS and reboot laptop everytime I want to watch Aertv?

I'd also like to know the answer to this, as I was just about to do the Playmo thing.

Also, what about the RTE and TV3 players?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Pretty much, but I'm sure there is a server switching software to run on the fly, but yes, essentially one needs to switch, at least you're confident that the Irish Server thinks you're in the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

Can anyone help. Netflix has disappeared off my selection on my apple tv and when I put a movie on my iPad I cant stream it to the apple tv. The icon has gone beside the play pause option on the iPad? Any suggestions :confused:

Before anyone asks I'm up to date with payment to Netflix

<Ollie> wrote: »
    I'd also like to know the answer to this, as I was just about to do the Playmo thing.

Also, what about the RTE and TV3 players?

Funnily enough, no trouble with RTE and TV3 players, only Aertv

Funnily enough, no trouble with RTE and TV3 players, only Aertv

Cheers!

I do watch Aertv for live TV, so I'd miss it.

Hopefully someone here will come up with a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭donalh087

Just a quick recommendation for LUTHER, a show I had not heard of before. It's a bit harrowing in places but superb for all that. Stars Idris Elba (sp?) of Stringer Bell fame in the wire. Great actor back with his true cockney accent.

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Cheers!

I do watch Aertv for live TV, so I'd miss it.

Hopefully someone here will come up with a solution.

Hopefully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

On a nostalgia trip and came across the following complete series (and TV movie) on the US service...

My 6 year old daughter loves it...my 9 year old son....not so much.

Hopefully :)

Playmotv is blocking aertv on me as well but if you fire off an email to support i am sure they will sort it out for you. Works ok on Unotelly so give it a try in the meantime.

https://www.unotelly.com/unodns/

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

donalh087 wrote: »
    Just a quick recommendation for LUTHER, a show I had not heard of before. It's a bit harrowing in places but superb for all that. Stars Idris Elba (sp?) of Stringer Bell fame in the wire. Great actor back with his true cockney accent.

Thats the BBC detective show done yeah(or maybe it was ITV?)? Didn't realise that was on there, will have to go on my to watch list. So many shows to get through on there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

donalh087 wrote: »

Yeah its a great show, hes a great actor as well.

Still the selection is pretty bad atm but its got potential!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement