Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nude sauna

• 02-03-2011 3:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6 harry bullfinch

hi,just had my first nude sauna with my wife in europe and found it very exhilarating,notting pervy about it as it natural to do it that way and every one else was naked to,is the anywere in ireland that allowys this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

any nice fanny on view?

pics please

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Irish people are generally too afraid to get naked with the lights on.
    Usually need to be drunk too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,983 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

orourkeda wrote: »
    any nice fanny on view?
    Usually.
    pics please

Not actually allowed, you'll be amazed to know!
    Rabies wrote: »
    Irish people are generally too afraid to get naked with the lights on.
    Usually need to be drunk too.

Ah, sure doesn't it be too cold for that kind of carry on in Ireland?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

hi,just had my first nude sauna with my wife in europe and found it very exhilarating,notting pervy about it as it natural to do it that way and every one else was naked to,is the anywere in ireland that allowys this.

Coppers at about 3 in the morning should tick all the boxes here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 harry bullfinch

Can you sauna nude in Ireland and if so were ???????

• Advertisement

Just get a kettle and sit in your wardrobe.. Dirty feker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

You must be desperate for a nude sauna at this stage,two threads in a matter of hours.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

dubtom wrote: »
    You must be desperate for a nude sauna at this stage,two threads in a matter of hours.:pac:

And he signed up just to ask! :pac:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Did you not have to trim your bullfinch, for the pleasure of the other nudies?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

depends op...

Are you an attractive female aged between 18 and 30?

If so, we can work something out...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Here you go; you and your wife will be welcome anytime:

http://www.the-boilerhouse.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

latenia wrote: »
    Here you go; you and your wife will be welcome anytime:

http://www.the-boilerhouse.com/

Is this place for steamers?:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 urbeau

Had a female friend from Finland at one stage. Said that all households, rich and poor, pretty much have saunas in her country and that Fins never ever would get in with anything on - in fact they regard it as quite disgusting to do so.

It is common practice she said for family and close friends to go in sauna say after a visit or a meal. Friends would come over for dinner and then all into sauna afterward, naked and nobody considers it a big deal at all and really nobody even looks at each other in sexual way.

She had kids and she said that when they would bring boyfriends/girlfriends home to meet parents that again after meal they would get in sauna and again no big deal.

Also Scandanavian countries have many places for nude bathing or sunbathing so nudity is not a big deal at all and a sensual thing not sexual.

The Finish lady and I did the Spencer Tunick thing when he came to Ireland few years back. I was freaked about doing it, embarrassed etc. and she was completely the opposite. The whole thing was no big deal to her at all and she found it just a great laugh and the nudity was a non event.

Eventually I did chill at the Tunick thing and yes the whole thing was probably best fun I have had for years and the nudity was incidental. I can remember at one stage during it being with a group of people, all naked, having a chat and honestly it felt perfectly normal and nobody inhibited at all.

I think our attitude to nudity here is really silly and I think that the Scandanavians and some other European countries have it spot on. I dont think things here will change any time soon and that is a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

The Irish attitude to nudity is weird. You would get thrown out of a sauna here if you had clothes on. The idea of a sauna is to allow the skin to breathe and expel toxins. Wearing clothes counters that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Blah blah repressed Irish people blah blah missionary sex with lights turned out blah blah generalizations about libertine Europeans gleaned from a month inter-railing 10 years ago blah blah fat Irish birds blah blah zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

notting pervy

I imagine a urologist could help you with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

There are two sides to this story, contrary to the whole 'they do it over there and nobody even notices' thing. My OH would be from a country where it would be extremely common but had a string of bad experiences which has put her off it and now she prefers going to mixed sex saunas here in Ireland with a towel wrapped round her or swimwear. She'd go nude with people she knew but not with strangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Eurgh, naked sweaty arses.

*fap*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

naked saunas should be banned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

stovelid wrote: »
    Blah blah repressed Irish people blah blah missionary sex with lights turned out blah blah generalizations about libertine Europeans gleaned from a month inter-railing 10 years ago blah blah fat Irish birds blah blah zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

blah blah catholic church bad blah dawkins rabble backward Irish blah blah everything better elsewhere blah i have so much life experience blah blah greener fields rabble rabble

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Only if you are wearing a towel.

There are lonely old geezers out there that would love a chance to see some nude Irish ass... don't be that bait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Had a couple of nudie saunas. Only ever when on my own, or with the Mrs.

Just don't feel comfortable being completely nekkid with strangers.

And balls to "You don't even notice." If I'm sitting somewhere, and someone nekkid walks through, I'd notice if they're nekkid. And have a quick look at the bewbs. No point in lying, and I would say EVERY one would.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Under this towel I am naked ;)

Hmmm....
    Just get a kettle and sit in your wardrobe.. Dirty feker.
    orourkeda wrote: »
    any nice fanny on view?

pics please
    Duggy747 wrote: »
    Eurgh, naked sweaty arses.

*fap*
    naked saunas should be banned!

... yeah...

open minded and healthy attitudes there!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Helen Fierce Beard

I enjoy naked sauna's, always went nude in a sauna..

But that changed a few years ago, and I don't want this to start a slagging war, when some gay lads started to use the sauna in the gym where I train.

Now I've absolutely no problem with gay men or being naked around 'em.. But the sauna turned murkier and murkier over time, and now most lads avoid it - preferring to use the mixed sauna out in the mixed wet area of the gym.

I've used mixed sauna's in Finnish army camps - no biggie going nude there.. Tbh, most people aren't that attractive nude anyway.. And I include both sexes in that.

urbeau wrote: »
    I think our attitude to nudity here is really silly and I think that the Scandanavians and some other European countries have it spot on. I dont think things here will change any time soon and that is a pity.

Members of the intrepid European-facing vanguard like yourself need to lead the way.

Maybe if you started taking the Luas or Bus to work in the nip it would help smash through the walls of prudishness and obfuscation?

Members of the intrepid European-facing vanguard like yourself need to lead the way.

Maybe if you started taking the Luas or Bus to work in the nip it would help smash through the walls of prudishness and obfuscation?

What European country does this happen in??!!

Anyway, if you did that in Ireland, you'd wind up on the sex offenders register...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

did it recently on holidays too in a big public sauna. I was suprised at how little it bothered me.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Anyway, if you did that in Ireland, you'd wind up on the sex offenders register...

I guess some of us are not typical, inhibited, provinicial Irish prudes.

/lights Gauloise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

I enjoy naked sauna's, always went nude in a sauna..

But that changed a few years ago, and I don't want this to start a slagging war, when some gay lads started to use the sauna in the gym where I train.

Now I've absolutely no problem with gay men or being naked around 'em.. But the sauna turned murkier and murkier over time, and now most lads avoid it - preferring to use the mixed sauna out in the mixed wet area of the gym.

I've used mixed sauna's in Finnish army camps - no biggie going nude there.. Tbh, most people aren't that attractive nude anyway.. And I include both sexes in that.
    Stop going to the Boilerhouse ;-)))

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement