Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What to wear to new job Christmas party

• 26-11-2018 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭

I am starting a new job soon and will be joining their Christmas party.

There is a slight complication in relation to a probable 2 way attraction between me and a colleague. One more senior than the other.

Am thinking just nice jeans/top boots? Mainly female colleagues overall..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

If you are the more senior colleague I'd advise you to be very careful what you wear and what you drink.

If your the more junior then just wear what you would wear if there wasnt this "attraction". I usually ask the girls in my office what they're wearing and dress in something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Ooh! I'd like to hear how this develops! :)

On topic, it depends where you are going. If it's a sit down dinner in a fancy venue, then I would imagine it would be dress up time. If it's just a few beers in a pub then obviously you'd be more casual, but maybe "fancy casual".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Thanks for the replies :) I think it'll be casual pub with maybe food too.

Going to wear jeans & top.

I guess the clothes aren't really the issue here :o

Will update - cheers.

Advertisement