Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

gutenberg wrote: »
    In case anyone hasn't seen this "story" today, here's the Journal's "investigation".

I am sitting here surrounded by Easter Eggs , I can confirm that Mars , Aero , Smarties , Kit Kat and Malteasers do not mention Easter anywhere on their packaging , only the Galaxy Minstrel calls out that it is an "Easter treat".
    I guess our friend will be boycotting Mars and Nestle too !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

In case anyone hasn't seen this "story" today, here's the Journal's "investigation".

Was that posted by the Irish "patriots" page? The same guys against immigration but have a picture of a Viking in a tricolour helmet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

A friend shared this earlier.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/v/t1.0-9/734974_2686252111421962_5593088904772297634_n.jpg?oh=5dcd094508bf76f9bd65d84363067168&oe=574F73B3

Lack toast and tolerant. :eek:

Half of the time I wonder do people put up statuses like that just to get attention....

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭gutenberg

I am sitting here surrounded by Easter Eggs , I can confirm that Mars , Aero , Smarties , Kit Kat and Malteasers do not mention Easter anywhere on their packaging , only the Galaxy Minstrel calls out that it is an "Easter treat".
    I guess our friend will be boycotting Mars and Nestle too !

Nice haul (presuming they're yours)! :D
    razorblunt wrote: »
    Was that posted by the Irish "patriots" page? The same guys against immigration but have a picture of a Viking in a tricolour helmet?

The original status I quoted was from a personal page - a friend had commented on it so it popped up in my newsfeed. The Journal article I saw later, helped provide a bit of context to the rant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Lack toast and tolerant.

Maybe the kid just doesn't have any toast and is very accepting of different people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,382 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

A friend shared this earlier.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/v/t1.0-9/734974_2686252111421962_5593088904772297634_n.jpg?oh=5dcd094508bf76f9bd65d84363067168&oe=574F73B3

Lack toast and tolerant. :eek:

Half of the time I wonder do people put up statuses like that just to get attention....

No they didn't. That's an old meme. Stop lying for thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

It being an old meme, and their friend sharing it are not mutually exclusive things.

Their friend shared an old meme. They didn't say their friend wrote the status.

Chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Will you relax. I hadn't seen that meme/status before so how was I to know it was old?

As I said a friend shared it, so I assumed it was recently posted.

Nice haul (presuming they're yours)! :D

The original status I quoted was from a personal page - a friend had commented on it so it popped up in my newsfeed. The Journal article I saw later, helped provide a bit of context to the rant!

My mistake. Saw it pop up on a feed from a friend who's into all things water charges related and anti Muslim and Refugees. Looks like it was the same original page shared.

My mistake. Saw it pop up on a feed from a friend who's into all things water charges related and anti Muslim and Refugees. Looks like it was the same original page shared.

Agreed, most likely your friend and my friend got it from the same person - the original person I quoted is a friend of a friend, and the original post has now been shared 90,000 times, so I can imagine it's popped up on a few people's newsfeeds! :eek: Our 'mutual contact' on FB has now also shared the anti-Cadbury lady's response to the whole thing:
    LET ME POINT OUT ONE THING, IM NOT REPEAT NOT RACIST. BUT IM DEFENDING MY RIGHT TO BE A CHRISTIAN IN A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY. IF I WANT TO WEAR MY CROSS I DO NOT WANT TO BE TOLD TO TAKE IT OFF AS IT MIGHT OFFEND. EVERYTHING IS DONE IN THIS COUNTRY AS TO NOT OFFEND MUSLIMS BELIEFS. BEEF AND PORK MEAT IS BEING REPLACED BY HALAL MEAT AS TO NOT OFFEND MUSLIMS. WE HAVE LOST OUR COUNTRY AND OUR WAY OF LIFE.. LIKE I SAID I AM NOT RACIST, BUT REALLY GETS ON MY WICK WHEN WE ARE TOLD WE HAVE TO BOW DOWN TO MUSLIMS WAY OF LIFE . WHEN THEY COME TO OUR COUNTRY,THEY SHOULD BE PREPARED TO LIFE IN A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY. WHERE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO SIDE WITH CHRISTIANS AND TO GO ABOUT OUR LIVES WITHOUT BEING PENALISED FOR BEING SUCH. WE SHOULD ALL LIVE TOGETHER IN HARMONY , BUT TO KEEP BRINGING ALL THESE DIFFERENT THINGS UP THAT MIGHT OFFEND IS REALLY GOING TO FAR

Yes, she really did write it all in capital letters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Agreed, most likely your friend and my friend got it from the same person - the original person I quoted is a friend of a friend, and the original post has now been shared 90,000 times, so I can imagine it's popped up on a few people's newsfeeds! :eek: Our 'mutual contact' on FB has now also shared the anti-Cadbury lady's response to the whole thing:

Yes, she really did write it all in capital letters.
    Tell her that Easter is to celebrate the death and resurrection of Christ and has sweet f all to do with bunnies and chocolate eggs and her christian beliefs won't be affected by giant multi-million companies who want to cash in as much as possible by pandering to everyone :p

Also ask her how many Masses she plans to attend this weekend and did she manage to give up all her luxuries during Lent, the sign of a true Christian :pac:

And remind her to go to confession before each Mass because if she receives the Body of Christ with any sins on her soul, that is a Mortal Sin and she will burn in hell for all eternity.

Hope she has a Happy Christian Easter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Oh god ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Oh god ...

:eek: that's a wind up... Right??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Win the latest Samsung phone from Adelle's official page...

give me strength

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Aw yeah plastic paddy wit yer kids pretending to be thru irish an where where ya paddys day wen we were doing the street party?? pipping thru your curtins pretending u were out when duhh u were in your poor kids dont mix use dont mix wit us. well well well now today werent u in sh*te creak without a paddle hmmmmmmm askin for a carjack well suits u now doesnt it to ask for help but where where u wen we NEEDED THE COMMUNITY TO COME TOGETHER FOR PADDYS DAY ARE ONE DAY A YEAR WERE WE ALL GET TO HAVE A FEW DRINKS TOGETHER GET DRUNK AND CELEBRATE IRISH.
    back to your own country with ya lad. give that house to one of the 1000s of homeless on are streets an maybe then they will mix with us cos newsFLASH were nice people?
    prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Good to see you back,fussy :) And you really will have to share your facebook friends with us. They're solid gold!
    fussyonion wrote: »
    wen we NEEDED THE COMMUNITY TO COME TOGETHER FOR PADDYS DAY ARE ONE DAY A YEAR WERE WE ALL GET TO HAVE A FEW DRINKS TOGETHER GET DRUNK AND CELEBRATE IRISH.

So that 's what St. Patrick's Day is all about? And there was me thinking it has something to do with celebrating the patron saint said to have brought Christianity to Ireland.
    But ''having a few drinks together, get drunk and celebrate Irish.''
    That's a far better idea! Wish I had thought of it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Oh god ...

Are they looking for Easter Eggs for their lactose intolerant kid?

Or are normal eggs a trigger for it. Can't see how you can tell Ms Hen to lay a set nutrient one.

Caption of a couple's photo:
    To the man who let her go,
    Thank you. Thank you for walking out of her life, for leaving her. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to love her, do things that would make her happy, to really keep her. Thank you for hurting her. If not, she wouldn’t have learned something valuable. I will try my best to not cause her pain, for it hurts me to see her cry. I will do all the things you failed to do for her like be there for her when she feels so alone, prioritize her and not make her feel like she is just an option, listen to her stories, rants and complaints no matter how bizarre or cliche they might be. Give her time and affection even when she is not asking for it. I will take care of the girl you failed to appreciate. I will love the girl you took for granted. I will do anything to keep her and make her stay. I will love her for all that she is, and will support her in anything that she wants to be. I will be the partner you failed to become for her. I will be the man who will never make the same mistake that you did. I will never let her go.

Vom.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

To the man who let her go,
    Thank you. Thank you for walking out of her life, for leaving her. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to love her, do things that would make her happy, to really keep her. Thank you for hurting her. If not, she wouldn’t have learned something valuable. I will try my best to not cause her pain, for it hurts me to see her cry. I will do all the things you failed to do for her like be there for her when she feels so alone, prioritize her and not make her feel like she is just an option, listen to her stories, rants and complaints no matter how bizarre or cliche they might be. Give her time and affection even when she is not asking for it. I will take care of the girl you failed to appreciate. I will love the girl you took for granted. I will do anything to keep her and make her stay. I will love her for all that she is, and will support her in anything that she wants to be. I will be the partner you failed to become for her. I will be the man who will never make the same mistake that you did. I will never let her go.

What a fcukin wuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Vom.

The whole thing is vomit inducing, definitely. But this bit is also kinda creepy:
    Thank you for hurting her. If not, she wouldn’t have learned something valuable.

• Advertisement

More of that crap and she'll run back to the other fella.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Wouldnt surprise me if she herself wrote it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just saw 'sing street' in the cinema. It's actually unreal!

‪#‎irishfitfam‬ ‪#‎fitfam‬ ‪#‎ukfitfam‬ ‪#‎fitnessgirls‬ ‪#‎fitgirls‬ ‪#‎fitness‬ ‪#‎strength‬ ‪#‎fitmom‬ ‪#‎fitmum‬ ‪#‎gymgirls‬ ‪#‎photoshoot‬ ‪#‎iifym‬ ‪#‎iifymwomen‬ ‪#‎fitnessshoot‬ ‪#‎blonde‬ ‪#‎abs‬ ‪#‎motivation‬ ‪#‎training‬ ‪#‎dieting‬ ‪#‎bodybuilding‬ ‪#‎instafit‬ ‪#‎fitspo‬ ‪#‎fitinspiration‬ ‪#‎foodie‬ ‪#‎healthyeating‬

Ugh.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Ugh.

How do those hashtags relate to the film?! I thought it was a film about a band :confused:

Maybe s/he has all those hashtags copied somewhere, ready to be pasted in to every post :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

It wouldn't surprise me if she's getting it off him on the side already. In fact I hope she is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

I am born irish
    I am Irish
    I will die Irish

And I will not bow to foreign laws or rules when in my own country

That nonsense stopped in 1916

I guess nobody told them that the 1916 rebels lost and about the war of independence.

This is obviously a fake news story but the reactions to it are hilarious, though I don't know if the original page that posted it knows that.
    Caretaker Taoiseach Enda Kenny, today unveiled a memorial to the British Soliders, who heroically gave their lives during the 1916 rising. Mr Kenny thanked them for their bravery, which Mr Kenny said, had ensured to this day, that Sinn Fein, didn't get to govern this "great little country.

I presume it's linked to this and uses selective editing.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/special-reports/2016/0325/777344-necrology-wall-glasnevin/

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

maudgonner wrote: »
    The whole thing is vomit inducing, definitely. But this bit is also kinda creepy:

It's all so condescending...as if he took an old car off someone's hands and did it up. Very creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Neil Issagum

Celebrity's in their own heads.......Facebook is rampant with them. Their profile is the centre of the Facebook universe, their friends list and all the other people are just like their fans or viewers hanging on their every word and eagerly waiting for the next update on their mundane lives

"So feeling the love today so if ya see me rocking around cost Del tallaght come up to me cos I'm given away free hugs I'm sharing all my love today feeling wonderful and loving life happy loving thought to all my face****ers hope ur Haven an epic day love meeeeeeee"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,751 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i really hate when people tag themselves in a pub/niteclub and say 'drinking Alcoholic beverages or drinking everything alcoholic with' who gives a flying **** what ur drinking

im as sick as seeing pictures and videos of kids with there bloody easter eggs as much as the kids themselves will be from eating them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement