Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Signal question.

• 10-12-2018 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭

Around 14:15 yesterday waiting for south bound DART at Seapoint.
    I was looking down [SOUTH] the line at two signals.
    On the down/south road the signal was amber.
    The signal opposite it on the up/north road showed amber towards me.

Why would the signal on the up road facing North be at amber ?
    I would have thought that it would be red unless they were running something down the up road which I very much doubt !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Thats the reversible signalling.

The signal on the up road will show yellow as its a distant signal (repeater) for the reversible signal on the up road at Salthill, if that signal clears to yellow the Seapoint one will show double yellow, only if the Salthill reversible signal shows green will the Seapoint one show green.

If you catch a look at the signal its plate will be

DL
    RXX

Where XX is the number of the primary signal in Salthill and the R prefix is it is a repeater

Advertisement