Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spencer Tunick Shoot

• 11-06-2008 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21 EllieN

Has anybody who signed up for the "Spencer Tunick Experience" in Dublin received their confirmation email about the location yet?

According to some posters on the Cork City Forum we are due to receive it today :)

E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Is that the naked thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Aniyah Faithful Smartness

EllieN wrote: »
    Has anybody who signed up for the "Spencer Tunick Experience" in Dublin received their confirmation email about the location yet?

According to some posters on the Cork City Forum we are due to receive it today :)

E

I've not received anything yet - although the penis enlargement pills as advertised in my hotmail emails arrived :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 EllieN

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Mairt wrote: »
    I've not received anything yet - although the penis enlargement pills as advertised in my hotmail emails arrived :D

I hate getting those email's, they didn't bother me at first but soon as Ms Gillo started sending them to me....

I wouldn't be surprised if the mails aren't sent out until as late a possible to stop A; gate crashers B; a media circus & C; the Holy Rosary / Down with that sort of thing brigade

Gillo wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if the mails aren't sent out until as late a possible to stop A; gate crashers B; a media circus & C; the Holy Rosary / Down with that sort of thing brigade

I think they have done enough of them at this stage to know how to deal with that sort of carry on....

No email yet. Some Corkonians have received their email confirming time place etc. But then again, them Cork lads :(

E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭gucci

Im doing it, hopefully its not too cold of a morning or i might be a little embarrassed!!

Finally after years of poxy painting myself, il have some input into a recognised genuine piece of art!

gucci wrote: »
    Im doing it, hopefully its not too cold of a morning or i might be a little embarrassed!!

Might see you there gucci :) Will you be the one with the red rose behind the ear ;)

Haven't received the email yet though :confused:

E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

haven't got anything yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Just signed up. Hope its not too cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Over 18's.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Kenjd wrote: »
    Just signed up. Hope its not too cold!

Signed up when it was announced. Hope it's not a sausagefest!

Over 18's.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Oh thats good to know, so at least if my eyes wonder I won't feel like a pervy old man!!

iMax wrote: »

It will probably turn out to be statistically the most sausage dominated photo shoot he ever done knowing our luck!

gucci wrote: »
    It will probably turn out to be statistically the most sausage dominated photo shoot he ever done knowing our luck!

Anyone for a Chipolata Sausage :D

It could turn out to be more "lady garden" dominated anyway :p

Still no notification :(:(:(

E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Alds

Just read on the website that we will be getting the details on Dublin shoot on Monday - apparently he is over tomorrow to decide on time hope its not 3 in the morning like Cork!! ill be there with bells on though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

ha ha I signed my mate up for this months ago, forgot all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Alds wrote: »
    Just read on the website that we will be getting the details on Dublin shoot on Monday - apparently he is over tomorrow to decide on time hope its not 3 in the morning like Cork!! ill be there with bells on though!!!

Bells on what? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I am looking forward to it, and yes given that dawn is a 4am he could want people in position for it so it could be a 3amish start.

Thanks for the info Alds-I never thought of looking at the website :o

I wonder what they mean when they say "Multiple groups of nude participants will be photographed outdoors by Tunick" Are we going to be separated into various groups? I'm probably reading too much into it :confused: but the mind boggles after looking at other work he has done.

Looking forward to it too though :D

But it's a very early start. Gawd we will be freezing :eek: How on earth are we going to keep warm, my teeth are chattering already :eek:

Will be keeping an eye on the Cork Thread to see how they get on ;)

E

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

EllieN wrote: »

But it's a very early start. Gawd we will be freezing :eek: How on earth are we going to keep warm, my teeth are chattering already :eek:

At least if it's cold, blokes won't have to worry about standing to attention, thats the bit I'd be most concerned about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

I can't believe so many of you are falling for this nonsense. This guy isn't an artist-he's a shameless publicity hound who's guaranteed to get his pictures published in the papers for a bit of 'legitimate t'n'a'. The first time I saw the pictures several years ago I did find it interesting and with some artistic merit; the 20th time it was just tedious.
    Remember 'The Emperor's New Clothes'? This is a literal re-enactment. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he came out a few years down the line and admitted it was a stunt all along.

You can think that if you want latenia, this shoot affords me to stand naked in our capital city and watch the sun come up on midsummers morning with a large gathering of people.

There is no way a bunch of pagans would get permission to do that, but we are getting to do it in the name of art which suits me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Thaedydal wrote: »
    You can think that if you want latenia, this shoot affords me to stand naked in our capital city and watch the sun come up on midsummers morning with a large gathering of people.

There is no way a bunch of pagans would get permission to do that, but we are getting to do it in the name of art which suits me.

Ah yes, I remember reading about how our ancient forefathers would see in the dawn of the longest day standing around tax-designated inner city corporate offices while being ordered to stand in formation (fatties at the back) by a publicity hungry hack. Is there no field up in Meath yiz could go to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 letsgoforit

The meeting point is at 3 AM but the shoot itself won't probably start until 5 am or so. At least this is my experience from previous shoots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Was hoping to do the Cork one, just received the mail, lets just say it is on really really early, like middle of night early, and Im on nights.....
    Disgusted, and i wanted to see the sausage fest
    :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Well, we're having some people we know that are going around for sausages once it's done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 brendan4

You know thats Dublin gay pride day, don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭carveone

Thaedydal wrote: »
    watch the sun come up on midsummers morning with a large gathering of people

I thought you'd be in the UK for that Thaedydal. Or am I thinking of someone else...

For the participants, I think some forward planning might be in order given the time and place. Cork is 3am according to the papers and goes on till after 8am. That's over 5 hours. I guess a warm tracksuit, umbrella and a plastic bag to put your stuff in are basics. I'm considering contact lenses as glasses might be annoying in rain/cold... Better organise a car to borrow or a lift too as public transport is out.

As a newcomer to all this, I was highly concerned about unwanted, um, physical side effects. After 5 hours of cold and tedium, I doubt this will be of concern. Anyone going thinking they'll get some sort of sex based thrill out of it are out of their freaking minds. On the positive side, the sun coming up over Dublin, all those people, the thrill of doing something so memorable and different. I think it will be really worthwhile. I'll be searching boards.ie to see how the Cork event goes...

latenia wrote: »
    Ah yes, I remember reading about how our ancient forefathers would see in the dawn of the longest day standing around tax-designated inner city corporate offices while being ordered to stand in formation (fatties at the back) by a publicity hungry hack. Is there no field up in Meath yiz could go to?

How I choose to celebrate day is my choice and why on earth would I be up in meath, I am from Dublin ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 TheOtherDave

Anyone get their email for the Dublin shoot today?
    I'm beginning to think I didn't put my name in early enough :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement