Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

My lovely husband injured his arm on Saturday (it's not serious, and no, I'm not happy about that). but it means he's off work for two days, and I love having him home. And...sorry if it offends the feminists, but I get to take care of him for once, cause he usually takes care of me. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My lovely husband injured his arm on Saturday (it's not serious, and no, I'm not happy about that). but it means he's off work for two days, and I love having him home. And...sorry if it offends the feminists, but I get to take care of him for once, cause he usually takes care of me. :)

They'll be banging down your door tomorrow protesting against you 😛

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

They'll be banging down your door tomorrow protesting against you 😛

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

Took my elderly Da shopping today, despite all his medical issues including a very bad hip, he managed to get around great, didn't even need the wheelchair.

We sat and had tea and coffee and scones together.He met a few people he knew so he was delighted.
    I suggested a pint but he wasn't up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Kissing someone who’s really, really good at kissing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

TH that a colleague is reading a Christmas story to my class so I can go on Boards (very rare to get a minute off!)

As I was leaving school this afternoon, I was stopped by a charming Grandad who I had never met before. He said that he couldn't let the day go by without complimenting Ms. Honeybear on her "moves" at the Christmas Concert. With an outrageous wink, he drove off shouting "you have an admirer!" The man may be nearly 70 but I was a smiling Bumbóg as I drove home ... it's always lovely to be complimented!

I love the secret Santa present I recieved in work,it's very apt and will definitely be used,we are a small department and every present was lovely,no crap and a lot of thought went into each one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My dog is finally starting to settle into my new place. He hated it to begin with and used to look at me like he missed home, and I just wished he could understand that I miss it too, I know this is shlte but it’s the best I can do right now. He used to pine when we would drive past the old house, making a sad situation even sadder; and didn’t leave my side for weeks. Now he’s currently upstairs in the spare room which he has claimed as his own, sprawled legs akimbo on the fluffy duvet loving life. We used to live in a bungalow, and it took him ages to even accomplish the stairs without being carried up in my arms, so I’m just so relieved that he has finally settled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

A smug TH for me. After the past 6 months in which my mother was diagnosed with a terminal illness, my Aunt was also diagnosed with terminal cancer, I lost an uncle also through cancer, I lost my best friend through suicide, I had a very stressful move to an apartment I bought and battled my own mental health problems on top of those things. In spite of it all I can sit in my apartment tonight and know I have managed to retain my humour and positivity through it all despite all the sadness. And I have not lost my empathy for others or my willingness to help them.
    If all that happened one year ago I don't think I would have been able to cope but really really putting the effort into diet, exercise, meditation and positive mental thinking in the past year has definitely paid off for me. There are tough times behind me and tough times ahead of me but I have realised I am much tougher than I ever knew.
    I have one more day in work then I'm off for 13 days and I know this will be a tough Christmas for me but I will face it head on, persevere and conquer it all.

A big fat smug TH for me. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

That was a rough time, well done on getting through it.

You'll have your Boards family here Guy to help you through the period.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

Guy Person wrote: »
    A smug TH for me. After the past 6 months in which my mother was diagnosed with a terminal illness, my Aunt was also diagnosed with terminal cancer, I lost an uncle also through cancer, I lost my best friend through suicide, I had a very stressful move to an apartment I bought and battled my own mental health problems on top of those things. In spite of it all I can sit in my apartment tonight and know I have managed to retain my humour and positivity through it all despite all the sadness. And I have not lost my empathy for others or my willingness to help them.
    If all that happened one year ago I don't think I would have been able to cope but really really putting the effort into diet, exercise, meditation and positive mental thinking in the past year has definitely paid off for me. There are tough times behind me and tough times ahead of me but I have realised I am much tougher than I ever knew.
    I have one more day in work then I'm off for 13 days and I know this will be a tough Christmas for me but I will face it head on, persevere and conquer it all.

Thats so positive Guy, well done..Things can only get better..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Guy that’s a lovely TH, well done for getting through it so well

My TH is just how much of a roll I’ve been on with my thesis, I made a plan to start it on Monday but actually started on Sunday and have been putting solid work into it every day since (not even a week I know, but still). Just happy in myself that there’s an end in sight even if it’s a good way off, I’m starting to see it slightly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The song on the ad for Edinburgh Gin , Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons - The Night , makes me smile , give it a listen folks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    The song on the ad for Edinburgh Gin , Frankie Valli , makes me smile , give it a listen folks :)
    One of the best songs ever. A northern soul classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Raconteuse wrote: »
    One of the best songs ever. A northern soul classic!

I'd never heard it until this week , but it's pure class , love it , that's why I said I'd share it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Im delighted you finally moved in to your apartment.And have a Lovely Christmas.You deserve it.

F'ucking awesome post. Seriously inspirational too. The very best to you, GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

You're a Thriver, Guy.
    TH today was sunny with beautiful birdsong still in full flow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

Here is to 2020 hopefully being a better year for you Guy but you've done amazingly well considering everything you've been through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

When someone makes your heart go all fluttery.

More TH again when your friendship is too precious to risk by ever acting on it. That's something real and strong right there. When fondness for someone is just as strong as any lust or infatuation you've ever felt for anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My preloaded leap card arrived well ahead of its ten day waiting period! ��
    It was a realy pain to register, but its done and protected now.

I guarantee the old one will turn up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Was looking for a specifit therapy aid in an older format,
    I had a look online, and it reminded me that I might have one already.

Had a good look and I do indeed have it, and just now found its player works still.

Best part of 100e back in my pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TH that I'm off work now until the 2nd of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I rediscovered a musician I hadn't heard in 20 years and been playing him non stop.

He was on the late late show in 1999, that long ago. Feeling a little old. Hell no YouTube or spotify back then.

Anyway still touring Ireland and I have decided to catch a show :)

Just got a lovely and unexpected Christmas card from a colleague thanking me for all my help and support this year. We wouldn’t be very close but both have challenging classes - we are in and out of each other’s rooms a lot

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TH Time for cat hospital :3 😸

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I really enjoyed Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

The new Sky ad with E.T. and the guy who played Elliott.

Jeez 'tis lovely. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I never watch The Late Late show but couldn't resist tonight cos of Brendan Grace.
    What a smashing man and so many laughs and happiness given to so many over the years.

Sad knowing he's gone but happy to remember him and have a good laugh.

Advertisement