Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nascar 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Ah, perhaps, but if Logano didn't move up the areo might not have been as bad for Chase.

Anyhow, the race is shaping up nicely. Tyre life towards the end might be a factor...

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Tyres or fuel? What's going to dictate how this finishes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

astrofluff wrote: »
    Tyres or fuel? What's going to dictate how this finishes?

Fuel -;Truex Jr only one can make it to the finish?

Shame for Jimmie Johnson being spun around. He had a decent run. Bring on the green, white, checker.

Wild finish under review! Wow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,487 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Looked like it was Amirola's until he spun.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Looked like it was Amirola's until he spun.

I watched the finish again this morning - I don't think the winner would have got away with those moves (plural) in any other form of motorsport - let them at it as Nascar say !

2 races this weekend !

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Capra

Red flag on day 2 in Talledega. I'm not sure if they'll get this race finished this week looking at the weather.

A noose was found in Bubba Wallace's team garage. I'd love to get my hands on the scum that did this.
    A plane towing a Confederate flag flew over Talladega with a defund Nascar message. More scum.

Turns out that was fake. How could he not have known that it wasn't a noose? Publicity hunting from a guy with 6 top 10 finishes in his career?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,236 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The Bubba Wallace rope was for pulling the garage door and has been there a long time.

They made it a PR stunt.

Capra wrote:
    Turns out that was fake. How could he not have known that it wasn't a noose? Publicity hunting from a guy with 6 top 10 finishes in his career?
    I don't think he found it.

• Advertisement

I don't think he found it.

Maybe not, but he was doubling down on his insistence that it was a noose in a interview on CNN despite the FBI report.

There are too many opportunists in the world to "believe victims" without hesitation. It's total mob mentality.

Capra wrote:
    Maybe not, but he was doubling down on his insistence that it was a noose in a interview on CNN despite the FBI report.
    There are too many opportunists in the world to "believe victims" without hesitation. It's total mob mentality.
    Well I certainly wouldn't call Bubba an opportunist. He is a fun loving guy who has worked hard to get to where's he's at.
    Great entertainment when you get rain delays, he'll go out throwing football with the crowd and things like that. Great at giving autographs and being very good to kids. And there's always a funny quip when the opportunity arises.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,236 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Well I certainly wouldn't call Bubba an opportunist. He is a fun loving guy who has worked hard to get to where's he's at.
    Great entertainment when you get rain delays, he'll go out throwing football with the crowd and things like that. Great at giving autographs and being very good to kids. And there's always a funny quip when the opportunity arises.

He seized an opportunity and played along with it for career and business reasons.

Danzy wrote: »
    He seized an opportunity and played along with it for career and business reasons.

Bubba didn't find the noose , it was a team member who brought it to the attention of Nascar who then called in the FBI - these are the reported facts.

Alleging that Bubba was opportunist shows a complete lack of understanding of Bubba,Nascar,RPM and the negative reaction by some to Nascars evolution.

Danzy wrote: »

Wow, I wouldn't be jumping to such a conclusion. There's a big problem that needs sorting out, and comments like this do not help the change needed.

I would wonder if the knot was a classic noose shape or just a regular figure of 9, or figure of 8. Easy to be mislead if you don't know your knots.

Anyway, back on topic....

Infoanon wrote: »
    Bubba didn't find the noose , it was a team member who brought it to the attention of Nascar who then called in the FBI - these are the reported facts.

Alleging that Bubba was opportunist shows a complete lack of understanding of Bubba,Nascar,RPM and the negative reaction by some to Nascars evolution.

How is that even remotely plausible? The pull strings which are on most of the garages have never, ever been seen before by any of his mechanics? The guys who use them every single day? You'd want to be very certain before a) making a claim such as this to anyone b) going public with it.

Also, his interview with Don Lemon today shared a lot of similarities with the one Jussie Smollet gave when he was found out. Indignation about how people were doubting him, doubling down despite evidence to the contrary and showing absolutely no joy at the fact that this wasn't a hate crime? Surely he would be happy to find out it wasn't a hate crime?

Everyone seems like a nice guy until they are found out. Pity, I was getting back into NASCAR since it was the first sport back after the lockdown. I hadn't followed it in about 7 years so to see it getting bad press like this now because of the actions of its own drivers is sad.

Pocono Organics 325 race tonight at 8.30pm. there's a second race tomorrow evening at 9pm

Tonight's starting grid:

1. A. Almirola
    Ford·#10

2. R. Blaney
    Ford·#12

3. D. Hamlin
    Toyota·#11

4. K. Busch
    Toyota·#18

5. C. Elliott
    Chevrolet·#9

I'm up for Chase Elliott, then Denny Hamlin.

Fancy it'll be between Chase and Blaney based on their performances with this package.
    Hamlin has the most wins and Jones has the best average finish at Pocono.
    Dark horse for me is William Byron who has had terrible luck but has been very fast with this package.

Good that the rain held off -:looked like Amirola was well positioned for the win ,alas 15 seconds behind in the end.

Next race - today Sunday

https://m.nascar.com/drive

Live video from NASCAR. Drivers and race views. No commentary.

• Advertisement

So in comes some rain. This band of rain will pass but might be a bigger one to follow. Might not get much running this evening.

astrofluff wrote:
    So in comes some rain. This band of rain will pass but might be a bigger one to follow. Might not get much running this evening.

It seems to be following the cars, every race has delays.

Back under green !

Going to any track that doesn't have lights makes it a big headache. Lots of fans saying a 12pm start is better than 3.30pm because of better daylight if there's a rain delay. We could have this race pushed to tomorrow due to daylight if anything delays it from here. Lap 67/140.

Anyone watching the Indianapolis race at the brickyard for NASCAR tonight? Competition caution on lap 14 and the cars are piling into each other in the pit lane because it's so tight. I can see at least one mechanic getting knocked down. Mayhem.

astrofluff wrote: »
    Anyone watching the Indianapolis race at the brickyard for NASCAR tonight? Competition caution on lap 14 and the cars are piling into each other in the pit lane because it's so tight. I can see at least one mechanic getting knocked down. Mayhem.
    Not live on Premier. ....showing football and speedway

All us good again - Free sports showing it live !

I think we've got a fair share of racing the last couple of weeks. I'm now watching the Cup race at Kentucky.

Hoping for a Toyota win. Let's see what happens!!

Great finish to that cup race. Well done to the rookie Cole Custer in the #41.

It was a great race, loved every minute of it.

Delighted for Cole Custer, first of the big three from the last couple of years in the Xfinity series to get one. You'll see a lot more from him, Reddick and Bell over the coming years. I'd expect at least two if them to be series champs in the next ten years.

• Advertisement

Some racing here in Michigan. Blaney and Keslowski out after coming together and hitting the wall hard.

Hoping for a Chase or Denny win.

Advertisement